The I'm NOT done with TO thread.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
5Countem5;2474423 said:
It's funny that the people who don't get spoonfed ESPN's latest TO crisis and don't over react to your level become "TO lovers"...

:lmao2:

I don't know if you love him or not. You clearly see him different than I do.
And to accuse me of spoon fed ESPN is ridicules. Do you know my television habits?
What I listen to during the day?
Are all his interviews skewed? Ya think so?
I just go with what I see and hear. I don't need to be spoon fed anything.

neosapien23

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2474430 said:
Agreed, you'd think people would understand the man by know....the game is on the line he wants the ball in his hands.....

Than maybe he should catch the ball when it is thrown his way. There is a reason that Romo locks on to Witten when he is in trouble and the game is on the line. TO is a terrific athlete and a good reciever, but as a reciever he is no where near as good as Michael Irvin despite being bigger, stronger, and faster.

Audiman

Reaction score
superpunk;2474467 said:
I don't think you understand what I meant.

not that I really care, but I guess I'll be your huckleberry. alright, what exactly did you mean?

Audiman

Reaction score
neosapien23;2474466 said:
Than maybe he should catch the ball when it is thrown his way. There is a reason that Romo locks on to Witten when he is in trouble and the game is on the line. TO is a terrific athlete and a good reciever, but as a reciever he is no where near as good as Michael Irvin despite being bigger, stronger, and faster.

Witten has dropped a few sure catches himself this year...

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Audiman;2474476 said:
Witten has dropped a few sure catches himself this year...

Then he quietly works to get better. owens screams for the ball more.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
neosapien23;2474466 said:

Witten drops passes also so does RW so does Crayton so does anyone else.......

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2474481 said:
Then he quietly works to get better. owens screams for the ball more.

How do you know what he does? You're guessing- AGAIN.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
5Countem5;2474492 said:
How do you know what he does? You're guessing- AGAIN.
You are really truly clueless.
Have you ever, ever, seen Witten on TV acting like a jerk on the sidelines?
Have you ever heard him cry on TV about getting the ball more?

I haven't.

Can you say the same about owens? If you answer that yes you are a liar or have never seen owens on TV.

Aven8

Reaction score
I've never been a TO bagger. I've always liked him and thought he got a bad rap in years past. But after this season I just think it's time for a change. We need team players, that are in it to win it...not get stats.

We have enough talent (more than most)even if we cut him loose. He's 35 and has he really had that great of a season??? Enough to warrant the contract, and me first attitude.

Believe me...I was right there with Hos on wanting RW11 bad....I thought it would give us the most explosive offense ever....but when you have guys that are not in the team concept, it fails....and that's TO. It's not all TO's fault...the coaching is lousy also. Next year RW11 can be the number one and Austin can be our #2...I think he's ready.....and both are unselfish players that will do what's right for the team!

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2474505 said:
You are really truly clueless.
Have you ever, ever, seen Witten on TV acting like a jerk on the sidelines?
Have you ever heard him cry on TV about getting the ball more?

I haven't.

Can you say the same about owens? If you answer that yes you are a liar or have never seen owens on TV.

Have you ever seen anyone on this team work harder in practice than TO?

If you say yes you are a liar or never seen a practice and it just furthers my supposition that you are guessing at what Witten does in practice.

Tell you what, you keep hatin' and I'll keep watching ALL the Cowboys and enjoying it. I have been a short time and already know that your irrational hatred of a player , that hasn't deserved it, is bordering on obsessive.

Keep hatin' and TO will keep scorin'... Suck on each one...

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
5Countem5;2474525 said:
Have you ever seen anyone on this team work harder in practice than TO?

If you say yes you are a liar or never seen a practice and it just furthers my supposition that you are guessing at what Witten does in practice.
Tell you what, you keep hatin' and I'll keep watching ALL the Cowboys and enjoying it. I have been a short time and already know that your irrational hatred of a player , that hasn't deserved it, is bordering on obsessive.

Keep hatin' and TO will keep scorin'... Suck on each one...

Any one who thinks Witten might not work hard is a fool.

LOL you have missed the entire point of my conversation with you.
Keep on lovin my man, I have no problem with it.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Aven8;2474519 said:
I've never been a TO bagger. I've always liked him and thought he got a bad rap in years past. But after this season I just think it's time for a change. We need team players, that are in it to win it...not get stats.

We have enough talent (more than most)even if we cut him loose. He's 35 and has he really had that great of a season??? Enough to warrant the contract, and me first attitude.

Believe me...I was right there with Hos on wanting RW11 bad....I thought it would give us the most explosive offense ever....but when you have guys that are not in the team concept, it fails....and that's TO. It's not all TO's fault...the coaching is lousy also. Next year RW11 can be the number one and Austin can be our #2...I think he's ready.....and both are unselfish players that will do what's right for the team!

Yes-this team needs some house-cleaning next year, I agree.

This entire season has been one big roller-coaster ride mess. Actually-the entire year has been pretty nerve-racking ever since we choked away that playoff game.

If anything, this reminds me alot like the '97 season-started off great by trouncing Pittsburgh IN Pitt, then it was up and down, up and down, up and down, and the last emotional win was a last second win against the Skins at home, only for us to crap out afterwards.

I see this season no different-start out fast from the gate, slump in the middle including losses to bad teams, then get on a roll going into Dec...now the bottom is appearing to crap out before our very eyes.

I hope this team learns their lessons from this season.

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2474538 said:
Any one who thinks Witten might not work hard is a fool.

LOL you have missed the entire point of my conversation with you.
Keep on lovin my man, I have no problem with it.

Talk about missing a point- I'm not lovin' anyone...

That's where your arguments are asinine. Just because someone doesn't share your psychotic hatred of TO, doesn't mean they love him- it only means they just don't agree with you, ESPN, Gallowaste and every other TO hatin' lunatic.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Bleu Star;2474220 said:
I cannot add anything to this. Very well said. Sadly, this thread won't be as popular as the "other" thread. We know the real deal though.

Love the title. :)

Take away ALL TO bias and STILL doesnt change the fact that without him this team is average with a chance to be slightly above average.

With him this team should be above average with a chance for greatness. (disclaimer: the whole team is playing subpar but looks to be turning the corner)

DaBoys4Life;2474430 said:
Agreed, you'd think people would understand the man by know....the game is on the line he wants the ball in his hands.....

You just epitomized TO.
Keep going back to him. He will prevail.

Remember San Fran vs GB.... drop after drop and he never gave up.... he prevailed and won the game. Thats who he is. Thats what we got.
for his team. He then thanked his team mates first and foremost after the win. He didnt make it about him.

Aven8;2474519 said:

Ok. Lets say you get your way.
Lets see how you like hovering around .500 for the next 2-3 years.

IF TO had only that one catch for the winning TD yesterday... he would have been ALL SMILES and you know it.

Mash

Reaction score
Sure TO drops his share of passes.....he also makes some catches that shouldnt make.

Irvin as great as a player he was and I loved him had his drops. They just werent publized like they are today.

And If Witten is so great working quietly on his own to improve....dont you think he would of ran the right routes yesterday? or is he quietly working on that today? :) or maybe he could of quietly put on the right pair of cleats :)

So TO complains about not enough passes thrown his way..... Romo even mentioned that Witten does also....so does Williams....and Crayton...etc....

Is the issues because Owens isnt quiet about it? and not his dropped passes?

The facts are....and Im not a big Owens supporter .....is...

When TO gets involved we win.......when this offense is playing well....Owens gets his catches and makes a impact.

When Owens isnt involved....when the team refuses to move him around....this offense struggles.

Why do you think other teams key on Owens? If he drops so many passes....why not single cover him?

Owens just wants to win....practices as hard as any player in this league. So he yells and complains on the sidelines......big deal....let him vent. Is it better to smile on the sidelines like Romo and then go out and throw picks?

just sayin :)

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
Mash;2474553 said:
Owens just wants to win....practices as hard as any player in this league. So he yells and complains on the sidelines......big deal....let him vent. Is it better to smile on the sidelines like Romo and then go out and throw picks?

I'm sure he will ignore you...

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Mash;2474553 said:
Sure TO drops his share of passes.....he also makes some catches that shouldnt make.

Irvin as great as a player he was and I loved him had his drops. They just werent publized like they are today.

And If Witten is so great working quietly on his own to improve....dont you think he would of ran the right routes yesterday? or is he quietly working on that today? :) or maybe he could of quietly put on the right pair of cleats :)

So TO complains about not enough passes thrown his way..... Romo even mentioned that Witten does also....so does Williams....and Crayton...etc....

Is the issues because Owens isnt quiet about it? and not his dropped passes?

The facts are....and Im not a big Owens supporter .....is...

When TO gets involved we win.......when this offense is playing well....Owens gets his catches and makes a impact.

When Owens isnt involved....when the team refuses to move him around....this offense struggles.

Why do you think other teams key on Owens? If he drops so many passes....why not single cover him?

This is a good post. I personally can't stand owens, wish he was never here.
That's my choice. I also happen to think with all the weapons we do have we don't need owens, just another WR with talent. And none of the crapp. I think we would get the same result, which so far is nothing. 13-3 is great but in the end it's the same as 8-8.

And you can't say that yesterday was a norm for Witten. Every one knows it wasn't.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2474597 said:
This is a good post. I personally can't stand owens, wish he was never here.
That's my choice. I also happen to think with all the weapons we do have we don't need owens, just another WR with talent. And none of the crapp. I think we would get the same result, which so far is nothing. 13-3 is great but in the end it's the same as 8-8.

And you can't say that yesterday was a norm for Witten. Every one knows it wasn't.

Please ignore that the only TD we scored yesterday(should have been the game winner) was caught by Owens.

As you were.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
YoMick;2474617 said:
Please ignore that the only TD we scored yesterday(should have been the game winner) was caught by Owens.

As you were.

And owens is the only guy in the NFL who could have made that catch?
It wasn't that tough a catch. Yes he worked to get open for ever but there
are WR who do it every game.