The I'm NOT done with TO thread.

Coakleys Dad

The Re-Birth has begun.
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2474626 said:
And owens is the only guy in the NFL who could have made that catch?
It wasn't that tough a catch. Yes he worked to get open for ever but there
are WR who do it every game.
even though i like T.O. I dont really get involved in these threads...but that was a tough catch that recievers dont make everyday. I dont like all the things that he does like the ranting and raving on the sidelines & the interviews about wanting the ball more. But i do like him on the field. Just my $.02 and now Ill go away.

Aven8

Reaction score
YoMick;2474551 said:
Take away ALL TO bias and STILL doesnt change the fact that without him this team is average with a chance to be slightly above average.

With him this team should be above average with a chance for greatness. (disclaimer: the whole team is playing subpar but looks to be turning the corner)

You just epitomized TO.
Keep going back to him. He will prevail.

Remember San Fran vs GB.... drop after drop and he never gave up.... he prevailed and won the game. Thats who he is. Thats what we got.
for his team. He then thanked his team mates first and foremost after the win. He didnt make it about him.

Ok. Lets say you get your way.
Lets see how you like hovering around .500 for the next 2-3 years.

IF TO had only that one catch for the winning TD yesterday... he would have been ALL SMILES and you know it.

Hovering around .500 all because we lost TO??? Are you serious? Let's not act like he's our only weapon. This team needs it....we haven't done anything with him...except for a good record last year, and some nice stats. He's getting up there anyway.....do you think Cowher is going to like this guy?? Because that's the kind of coach we need.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
I'm on board. People who think the guy should be cut are plain crazy. This guy defended Romo last year. He said if the team is winning he has no problem with whatever role he has.

He has stated that if they get him the ball things will happen. He's right. But sailing passes over his head or throwing worm burners to him is not getting him the ball.

He has more fire than any player on this team and if a few more would have that same fire, we would be a lot better off.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Coakleys Dad;2474685 said:
even though i like T.O. I dont really get involved in these threads...but that was a tough catch that recievers dont make everyday. I dont like all the things that he does like the ranting and raving on the sidelines & the interviews about wanting the ball more. But i do like him on the field. Just my $.02 and now Ill go away.

I like him on the field also. I do think that sooner or later his other stuff is going to get farther out of hand. Is he worth that possibility? I don't think so.
That's just me and a few others I guess.

I just re watched the catch, the DB has his back to the ball and had no idea it was coming, it wasn't that tough.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2474728 said:
I like him on the field also. I do think that sooner or later his other stuff is going to get farther out of hand. Is he worth that possibility? I don't think so.
That's just me and a few others I guess.

I just re watched the catch, the DB has his back to the ball and had no idea it was coming, it wasn't that tough.

I would like someone to tell me what off field stuff is a problem. Seriously.

And that catch was made possible by TO adjusting his route to find a soft spot and take advantage of it. It's not all just the catch. He had to be in a position to do it. He bailed Tony out by having a place to go with it. (Credit Romo for buying the time as well.)

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;2474732 said:
I would like someone to tell me what off field stuff is a problem. Seriously.

And that catch was made possible by TO adjusting his route to find a soft spot and take advantage of it. It's not all just the catch. He had to be in a position to do it. He bailed Tony out by having a place to go with it. (Credit Romo for buying the time as well.)

It's all been stated. Just read the thread. I gave owens credit for getting open.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
Cogan;2474227 said:
Some of you would accept Charles Manson on the team if he ran a low 40 time, and could catch the ball. .

I've seen some dumb arse comments on this forum but comparing TO to Manson may be the all time dumbest.

Congrats. You should get a trophy.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2474738 said:
It's all been stated. Just read the thread. I gave owens credit for getting open.

I quickly scanned the thing and didn't see any off field issues that were complained about. Please show them to me.

I stopped reading though with interest after seeing one guy compare TO to Manson. :rolleyes:

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;2474762 said:
I quickly scanned the thing and didn't see any off field issues that were complained about. Please show them to me.

I stopped reading though with interest after seeing one guy compare TO to Manson. :rolleyes:

:laugh1:

I don't think any one meant off field issues like pac man off field issues.

More the way he conducts himself on the sidelines and interviews.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Aven8;2474695 said:
Hovering around .500 all because we lost TO??? Are you serious? Let's not act like he's our only weapon. This team needs it....we haven't done anything with him...except for a good record last year, and some nice stats. He's getting up there anyway.....do you think Cowher is going to like this guy?? Because that's the kind of coach we need.

Didn't Cowher have Plaxico Burress in Pittsburgh? Am I missing something?

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Aven8;2474695 said:

If we get Cowher... he will RIDE the Eldorado to a SB win.

You betcha!

JordanTaber

Benched
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2474505 said:
You are really truly clueless.
Have you ever, ever, seen Witten on TV acting like a jerk on the sidelines?
Have you ever heard him cry on TV about getting the ball more?

I haven't.

Can you say the same about owens? If you answer that yes you are a liar or have never seen owens on TV.

Do the cameras look for Jason Witten on the sidelines every other minute every game? Do they focus on him after every 3-and-out?

The VAST majority of the time the camera focuses on Owens on the sidelines he's sitting there with a vacant expression. Every once in a while you see him a little animated.

You think this unusual in football? You think shouting on the sidelines (and when he's doing this, YOU have NO IDEA what it is he's saying) is abnormal in football?

I'm reminded of that time when Randy McMichael was screaming at his offensive linemen on a Sunday Night game and Joe Theiswomann and Paul MaGuire lauded him for the next minute and a half for "showing leadership/being a leader."

Of course, we all know that if Owens did that, it would be the lead story on ESPN and there would be about 150 different mainstream articles about how he was destroying the football team.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
JordanTaber;2474824 said:
Do the cameras look for Jason Witten on the sidelines every other minute every game? Do they focus on him after every 3-and-out?

The VAST majority of the time the camera focuses on Owens on the sidelines he's sitting there with a vacant expression. Every once in a while you see him a little animated.

You think this unusual in football? You think shouting on the sidelines (and when he's doing this, YOU have NO IDEA what it is he's saying) is abnormal in football?

I'm reminded of that time when Randy McMichael was screaming at his offensive linemen on a Sunday Night game and Joe Theiswomann and Paul MaGuire lauded him for the next minute and a half for "showing leadership/being a leader."

Of course, we all know that if Owens did that, it would be the lead story on ESPN and there would be about 150 different mainstream articles about how he was destroying the football team.

I'm assuming you missed yesterdays little tantrum? I would spank my daughter
if she acted that way. We have been down this road before, you know where I stand on owens, and I you.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2474802 said:
:laugh1:

I don't think any one meant off field issues like pac man off field issues.

More the way he conducts himself on the sidelines and interviews.

I just don't think that's that big of a deal. So far the team hasn't imploded or there have been no internal fights so I don't think it's that big a deal Probably most of the players feel the same was, they just don't have the sack to say it.

I remember MI flipping out on the sidelines as well so.....

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;2474838 said:
I just don't think that's that big of a deal. So far the team hasn't imploded or there have been no internal fights so I don't think it's that big a deal Probably most of the players feel the same was, they just don't have the sack to say it.

I remember MI flipping out on the sidelines as well so.....

And that's fine with me. I see it differently, that's all.

BHendri5

Reaction score
Cogan;2474227 said:
If this doesn't say it all for the TO lovers here, I don't know what does. "Sure, he's lazy and a detriment in our locker room, but that doesn't keep opposing defenses from giving him the respect..." Except replace lazy with "a self-absorbed, self-centered, self-fill in the blanks, punk who would throw anyone under the bus if it served his purposes. When have you ever seen Romo, or any professional QB, complain when his receivers dropped the ball? With Owens last year, that was every freaking week! There have been several times this year that Romo could have gone to the sidelines & blown up about Owen's routes, drops, antics, etc.

Some of you would accept Charles Manson on the team if he ran a low 40 time, and could catch the ball. You can't see that sometimes getting rid of a talented, but self-centered player, is addition by subtraction. Tell me, have you, in your entire life, seen a wide receiver sit for an interview just to complain about his lack of involvement in the offense, AFTER A WIN???!!! If that doesn't prove to you how disinterested in the TEAM approach to winning Owens is, you are a lost cause, and there's no use talking to you.

I really hope that the reason JJ traded for Roy Williams is to have leverage if Owens goes too far, and he can let Owens go in the off season. I hope Owens has gone too far.

a bunch of crap

BHendri5

Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2474262 said:
Do you know for a fact players aren't tired of watching him pout?
Do you know for a fact that players are not tired of his useless interviews, and self promotion?

Didn't think so.

do you know for a fact? No, you sure don't know so please keep it to yourself

burntricersx

Reaction score
A couple of things...

I'm on board...I'm not done with TO and I think he gives us the best option to win. TO is probably one of few if not the only player on the team that shows any fire. But the media spins that into "Ohhh, there's goes TO throwing another tantrum." They don't have any idea what he's saying and neither do we. His so-called tirades make for better TV than anything else....

Why does he want the ball all the time? Because good things happen when the ball is in his frigging hands and he knows it. We all know it. (See the SF game.) He's a WR...of course he wants the ball!! Wouldn't you if you were a WR?

If TO were to be a distraction, why not deactivate him...

Tell me that Romo to TO TD wasn't all TO...Romo threw that up for grabs, TO bailed him out.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
neosapien23;2474466 said:
Than maybe he should catch the ball when it is thrown his way. There is a reason that Romo locks on to Witten when he is in trouble and the game is on the line. TO is a terrific athlete and a good reciever, but as a reciever he is no where near as good as Michael Irvin despite being bigger, stronger, and faster.

There aren't too many WR in NFL history like the great Michael Irvin...

I just thought I would toss that in there to provide a break from the ongoing TO hate campaign. Now back to your regularly scheduled programming... :rolleyes: