The Jerry Sandusky Trial Thread *Sandusky Guilty - Post #93*

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Actually just read it could take about 90 days to sentence him. However, with his bail revoked, he'll be in jail awaiting sentencing.

wittenacious

Reaction score
johnny utah;4601796 said:
No, he will not be in general population. He will due all of his time in administrative segregation or in other words solitary. Ad seg is for "snitches", high profile inmates (which the sandusky freak is), ex gang members, and state witnessess.
Thanks for the input, ju. So Sandusky will get Ad Seg? I mean, the prison term he is gonna be facing has gotta suck, no matter what, but it seems like a bit of a break for him to be granted segregation from the general population his entire sentence.

Not trying to be hateful or sadistic about it, but the guy is due what the guy has comin' ... sooner or later. Just sayin'.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Sandusky is the lowest of the lowest.

He gives monsters a bad name.

He preyed on the most vulnerable, the easiest accessible, most innocent, least protected young boys.

And did it all from a position of trust. Much like a priest.(don't get me started on that!)

Our society has to figure out a way to prevent people like this from having such easy access to our kids.

Parents wake up !!

StevenOtero

Reaction score
A special place in hell for him, Joe Paterno, and anyone else who let it go on.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
One of Sandusky's Defense lawyers was talking about what Sandusky is going through, how he is sad and upset over the verdict, and will appeal blah, blah, blah.

No one cares about what Sandusky is going through, don't care if he's in prison right now sad and depressed or crying his eyes out. Of course he will be upset because he wants to get away with what he has done and be free to molest more kids.

No need to waste time on telling us about what Sandusky is going through because no one will care or have any sympathy for him.

I feel sorry for the victims who had their child hood stolen and their souls killed by this man and their lives forever damaged. Hopefully this verdict will make them feel like justice was served and will heal more. I know that they will never be completely healed but I hope that this helps.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Romo_To_Dez;4601917 said:
One of Sandusky's Defense lawyers was talking about what Sandusky is going through, how he is sad and upset over the verdict, and will appeal blah, blah, blah.

No one cares about what Sandusky is going through, don't care if he's in prison right now sad and depressed or crying his eyes out. Of course he will be upset because he wants to get away with what he has done and be free to molest more kids.

No need to waste time on telling us about what Sandusky is going through because no one will care or have any sympathy for him.

I feel sorry for the victims who had their child hood stolen and their souls killed by this man and their lives forever damaged. Hopefully this verdict will make them feel like justice was served and will heal more. I know that they will never be completely healed but I hope that this helps.

Appeals won't work. He's finished.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
casmith07;4601923 said:
Appeals won't work. He's finished.

I know that he's finished. But his defense lawyers will try to get one anyway. Sandusky will not accept that he is guilty or did anything wrong. He'll be sitting in prison as his appeals fail.

Rogah

Reaction score
WV Cowboy;4601883 said:
Our society has to figure out a way to prevent people like this from having such easy access to our kids.
That's a nice cliche, but it really doesn't mean anything. How do we "prevent people like this from having such easy access to our kids"? What I mean is that in our society, we have adults who "have easy access" to children, whether they be teachers, babysitters, scoutmasters, little league coaches, or whatever. Sure, we could give background checks but until a little over a year ago, Sandusky would have checked out clean.

I think we should toughen laws against anyone who enables such predatory behavior. Pretty tough to stop the Jerry Sandusky's of the world from victimizing a child or two, but certainly we could prevent it from going up to what could be a coupole dozen victims.

Rogah

Reaction score
Kingsmith88;4601941 said:
I'm shocked he didn't do it earlier.
I'm not sure I'm "shocked" but there was definitely a large part of me that thought there was a decent chance I'd log on to the news sites one morning to see a headline proclaiming he killed himself.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
WV Cowboy;4601883 said:

Parents wake up !!

Rogah;4602255 said:
That's a nice cliche, but it really doesn't mean anything.

That's not a cliche, it is a very valid statement to this day.

Would you allow your son to spend the night or travel with an old man 3 nights a week ??

That's why I said "parents wake up!"

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Rogah;4602255 said:
That's a nice cliche, but it really doesn't mean anything. How do we "prevent people like this from having such easy access to our kids"? What I mean is that in our society, we have adults who "have easy access" to children, whether they be teachers, babysitters, scoutmasters, little league coaches, or whatever. Sure, we could give background checks but until a little over a year ago, Sandusky would have checked out clean.

I think we should toughen laws against anyone who enables such predatory behavior. Pretty tough to stop the Jerry Sandusky's of the world from victimizing a child or two, but certainly we could prevent it from going up to what could be a coupole dozen victims.

Deterrence. Only until they make these kinds of crimes more than a slap on the wrist will it start to get across.

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
WV Cowboy;4602276 said:

Would you allow your son to spend the night or travel with an old man 3 nights a week ??

The main problem with this particular case is he targeted kids without much support. Many of their parents were gone or not around, stuff like that.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
RastaRocket;4602282 said:
The main problem with this particular case is he targeted kids without much support. Many of their parents were gone or not around, stuff like that.

If not the parents, other adults.

Someone knew.

We as adults need to watch out for kids.

Rogah

Reaction score
WV Cowboy;4602276 said:
Well I asked you to give me some examples and you didn't, so all we have is an empty cliche.
WV Cowboy;4602276 said:
You know what? If my son was, for example, the ball boy for a major college football program with a coaching staff with an absolutely stellar reputation for integrity on and off the field, and as ball boy he went on weekend road trips with the team, I wouldn't just assume "oh my Lord they're trying to molest him!"

BTW, part of the problem with this situation is that these children are not exactly coming from stable family situation. Not only is saying "parents wake up" a silly cliche, but it really doesn't even apply in this case.
WV Cowboy;4602276 said:
I guess your children will never go to summer camp or school retreats or sleepovers at friends' houses.

Rogah

Reaction score
casmith07;4602277 said:
Deterrence. Only until they make these kinds of crimes more than a slap on the wrist will it start to get across.
I think in the past few decades we've made a lot of progress against the perps. I think (and hope) that with events we've seen over the past 7-8 years or so, we're going to see strengthening of laws against the enablers too.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Rogah;4602378 said:
I think in the past few decades we've made a lot of progress against the perps. I think (and hope) that with events we've seen over the past 7-8 years or so, we're going to see strengthening of laws against the enablers too.

I agree. When enablers are also held accountable, then we'll see lots of changes, or at least reporting of crimes, which will reduce the breadth of victims.