The many Romo offers have started coming in ****MERGED ***

T-RO

Reaction score
Some posters here are going to look awfully silly w/talk of "dozens of teams" trying to trade for Romo...and the first-round booty we will get in trade.

Its a bit like debating the existence of Santa Claus, so I won't bother w/it.

We'll be very fortunate if we can get a third-round pick...and we might not be able to work a trade at all.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Some posters here are going to look awfully silly w/talk of "dozens of teams" trying to trade for Romo...and the first-round booty we will get in trade.

We'll be very fortunate if we can get a third-round pick...and we might not be able to work a trade at all.

At this point the Cowboys should only be able to swap picks as part of a Romo trade. Many online posts have him and the 28 pick going to Denver in exchange for the 20 pick. And probably add in a conditional 2018 pick should Romo play a certain number of games and/or the Broncos make the playoffs

Bizwah

Reaction score
At this point the Cowboys should only be able to swap picks as part of a Romo trade. Many online posts have him and the 28 pick going to Denver in exchange for the 20 pick. And probably add in a conditional 2018 pick should Romo play a certain number of games and/or the Broncos make the playoffs
This is honestly what I see. And I would take it in a heartbeat. We'd be in good shape to take a DL, CB, WR, or TE.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score

This is the most logical and reasonable scenario being talked about.............we flip first round picks with Denver and then they throw in a conditional pick next year depending on how many games Romo plays, his QB rating, if Denver makes the playoffs, ect....

Denver gets a vet probowl QB to bridge the gap for Lynch taking over, they get to keep the same number of picks they had, just drop a little in the first round, and they become an instant contender in the AFC again since their defense is already top notch.

Dallas gets to move Romo to an AFC team, gets a little cap relief this year and a ton of cap space next year, we get to move up 8 spots in the draft which is equal to a 3rd round pick in value, we get another conditional pick next year depending on how much and how well Romo plays and how far the Broncos advance in the playoffs.

It really is a win-win for both teams, that is why I think it is the most logical scenario being discussed.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
There would be a ton of offers for 2nd / 3rd/ 4th round picks if Romo was fair game to anyone. But those teams know Romo wants to go to a contender and they know the cowboys are going to release him because the front office has a great relationship and that's what Romo wants. ROmo has earned a chance to pick his next team. That's what our front office is going to do. Don't expect anything except a release.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
This is the most logical and reasonable scenario being talked about.............we flip first round picks with Denver and then they throw in a conditional pick next year depending on how many games Romo plays, his QB rating, if Denver makes the playoffs, ect....

Denver gets a vet probowl QB to bridge the gap for Lynch taking over, they get to keep the same number of picks they had, just drop a little in the first round, and they become an instant contender in the AFC again since their defense is already top notch.

Dallas gets to move Romo to an AFC team, gets a little cap relief this year and a ton of cap space next year, we get to move up 8 spots in the draft which is equal to a 3rd round pick in value, we get another conditional pick next year depending on how much and how well Romo plays and how far the Broncos advance in the playoffs.

It really is a win-win for both teams, that is why I think it is the most logical scenario being discussed.

If we are only swapping 1sts then they have to throw in Siemian

T-RO

Reaction score

Depending on how the swap works...that would be about the equivalent of a third round pick...and I could see that.

The one possible way I could see us getting serious draft picks back is a very conditionally weighted trade.

For example Cowboys trade Romo to Texans for the following:
-A base sixth round pick
-If Romo plays 14 games or more the pick escalates to a third round pick
-If in addition Romo makes the Pro Bowl the pick escalates to a second round pick and an additional fourth round pick

Something along those lines.

But until we get two viable trade partners...we get squat. The teams lining up to trade hasn't even started and it might not ever start.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
No offense but if you haven't read the numerous posts saying that we would release him for zero compensation then you have missed most of the story.
Again, there is a difference between teams not trading for him, and there being no interest in him. If teams are interested in signing him once he's released, then there is interest in him.

I haven't missed any of the story, but I am wonder if you read my post thoroughly.

Last edited:

reddyuta

Reaction score
There would be a ton of offers for 2nd / 3rd/ 4th round picks if Romo was fair game to anyone. But those teams know Romo wants to go to a contender and they know the cowboys are going to release him because the front office has a great relationship and that's what Romo wants. ROmo has earned a chance to pick his next team. That's what our front office is going to do. Don't expect anything except a release.

If this happens i will mad at Jerry but wish nothing but the best to Romo.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
http://nfltraderumors.co/report-Com...otential-kirk-cousins-trade-cowboys-involved/

This site claims that, in this scenario, Cousins would go to the 49ers, Romo would go to the Commanders, and Dallas would get draft picks.

Not sure of their track record.
I didn't read thru all of the responses but Jerry has denied any substance to this rumor.

It's difficult to believe that after Gruden received an extension as HC his first move would be to trade his QB and draft picks for Romo.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I really believe that if the Cowboys don't get a first round pick back for Romo they will have misplayed their hand.
Seriously? There was never any scenero that would have the Cowboys trading Romo for a 1st rounder.

visionary

Reaction score
The teams lining up to trade hasn't even started and it might not ever start.

And you know this, how?
Do you work in the Cowboys organization at the management level?
Please enlighten us
Otherwise spare is the hot air

negativecreep

Reaction score
Tony gets released. The talk is agent and Jerry driven.
I see this happening to, I'm just holding out hope we can get something. I don't even know what to think about this situation, wish it could turn out well for both us and Tony. It sure is wearing on me though, I just want to move forward.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

I agree with you but the only thing that could somehow win us the trade lottery is if multiple teams are highly interested.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If we don't get at least a first round choice out of Romo we got fleeced.
I caught that the first time you said that.

Bottom line - There was never any scenero that would have the Cowboys trading Romo for a 1st rounder.

Thinking some team will give up a 1st for Romo is nothing but wishiful thinking.

jjktkk

Reaction score
Good offensive line, dangerous receivers and tight end. Pretty good defense. Add Romo.

That would not be good.
Remember, both Garcon and Jackson are both UFA. they both could be out the door.