The many Romo offers have started coming in ****MERGED ***

DFWJC

Reaction score
Remember, both Garcon and Jackson are both UFA. they both could be out the door.
True.
He's not going to Washington anyway. It sounds like he and jerry already have a gentleman's agreement on that.

Sandyf

Reaction score
Have to love all the Romo chatter, just what Jerry wants to keep the Cowboys at the top of the news ladder. My thoughts are like many and after watching the QBs in the combine, I do believe Romo will become a bit more valuable to some team. I do believe though that most are forgetting that Jerry is a business man first and foremost. He cares for Romo and I do believe Romo will become part of the organization once he retires but I don't believe for a moment Jerry isn't going to try and get something for Romo. Will he? I don't know. Could he, yes although for what, to whom, for how much all are just speculation.

Whatever happens with Romo, will probably happen within the next three/four weeks. Any team that wants him will want him for off season workouts and OTAs. The same goes for a release if he is released to go to a team of his choosing. It will be settled by April.

Verdict

Reaction score
I caught that the first time you said that.

Bottom line - There was never any scenero that would have the Cowboys trading Romo for a 1st rounder.

Thinking some team will give up a 1st for Romo is nothing but wishiful thinking.

You don't know what we will eventually get for Romo any more than I do. People don't start negotiations at their highest point. It is a process.

Romo is also still a member of the Cowboys. So whatever teams have offered so far hasn't gotten it done. So our price has to be north of what has been offered so far.

If Bradfords compensation was a first Romo is worth more than that. Isn't that a fair statement?

Verdict

Reaction score
I agree with you but the only thing that could somehow win us the trade lottery is if multiple teams are highly interested.

Actually that's not true. It just takes one team willing to pay the asking price, but a bidding war would help because it would not only drive the compensation up it would validate both teams view that Romo is a valuable commodity.

Verdict

Reaction score
Again, there is a difference between teams not trading for him, and there being no interest in him. If teams are interested in signing him once he's released, then there is interest in him.

I haven't missed any of the story, but I am wonder if you read my post thoroughly.

If there is interest in Romo teams will be willing to pay something for him in terms of draft compensation to keep him off of the open market. His salary really isn't a problem to the acquiring team.

It would be stupid to cut Romo if someone were willing to pay to acquire him.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Just read where TB's backup Glennon might get around $14-15M/year. I am no GM, but from what I have seen, I would rather have Romo at $14M than Glennon at the same amount.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score

Pathetic.

That dumpster fire is pleasing to watch though.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
We need to do more restructuring to make room for our rookie pool.
actually we don't......the rookies only need 1.8m with the Rule of 51

unless your dream of getting multiple 1sts for Romo comes true

DFWJC

Reaction score
Not making a prediction, but I'll post this very few days because I'm bored:
Do not at all be surprised if he gets outright released with a June 2 designation not too long after this is allowed on March 9th.

Not here to argue, because none of knows what'll happen but all hope Dallas can get something besides the cap relief. Just sayin....don't be surprised. :muttley:

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Not making a prediction, but I'll post this very few days because I'm bored:
Do not at all be surprised if he gets outright released with a June 2 designation not too long after this is allowed on March 9th.

Not here to argue, because none of knows what'll happen but all hope Dallas can get something besides the cap relief. Just sayin....don't be surprised. :muttley:
your plan = 0m in cap relief until June 2nd...... just sayin

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Bradfords compensation was a first Romo is worth more than that. Isn't that a fair statement?
No. In fact the Bradford deal has nothing at all to do with any potential Romo deal. The Vikings were desperate. Some team may want Romo but they won't be desperate like the Vikings were. Health, age and salary all favor Bradford also.

Sydla

Reaction score

Not really because "compensation" isn't just what a player is actually worth but also takes into account other factors, such as timing.

And the Bradford deal was simply a matter of timing and desperation. The Vikings were a week away from starting what they thought was a SB caliber season when they lost their QB. They either had to throw away the season or get a little desperate and find a QB who they thought could navigate them through the season.

So if you can predict for us that a playoff caliber team will lose their QB right before the season and will be desperate to find a QB like Minnesota was, then sure, one can say Romo should be worth more than Bradford.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You don't know what we will eventually get for Romo any more than I do. People don't start negotiations at their highest point. It is a process.

Romo is also still a member of the Cowboys. So whatever teams have offered so far hasn't gotten it done. So our price has to be north of what has been offered so far.

No, it's not. While Bradford did have some injury history he is only 29 years old. Plus his injuries weren't as much of a concern as Romo's multiple back surgeries . We aren't even sure if Romo can take a hit.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If your intent on a comparison I'd be more apt to compare Romo's situation to Peyton.

And I think teams will want to place similar conditions in a contract as well to protect themselves from another season or career ending injury.

The only way I see a trade is if Romo agrees to renegotiate his contract . Otherwise he will simply be released and teams will pursue him as a FA.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score

I wish Bradford and Romo were a perfect comparison. They aren't. And this whole deal is about Leverage. Vikings were desperate. No team currently shares that type of desperation.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I wish Bradford and Romo were a perfect comparison. They aren't. And this whole deal is about Leverage. Vikings were desperate. No team currently shares that type of desperation.
And no teams will be desperate in March free agency or by the June 1st deadline .

Jerry would have to decide to retain Romo then hope during Training Camp or Preseason a team becomes desperate .