The many Romo offers have started coming in ****MERGED ***

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If Bradfords compensation was a first Romo is worth more than that. Isn't that a fair statement?

That's not even close to a fair statement because Bradford is a lot younger than Romo and hasn't had the significant injury issues that Romo has had the past 2 seasons. Those of you who keep bringing up what Minn gave for Bradford, thinking someone will do the same with Romo are being silly. Bridgewater had just suffered a very serious injury that could be career threatening which prompted Minn to make that trade. They were looking possibly long-term with Bradford who still has a lot of years left. No one is going to be looking long-term with Romo, you can't look past next year with him due to age and injuries but some of you continue not to get that.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Not really because "compensation" isn't just what a player is actually worth but also takes into account other factors, such as timing.

And the Bradford deal was simply a matter of timing and desperation. The Vikings were a week away from starting what they thought was a SB caliber season when they lost their QB. They either had to throw away the season or get a little desperate and find a QB who they thought could navigate them through the season.

So if you can predict for us that a playoff caliber team will lose their QB right before the season and will be desperate to find a QB like Minnesota was, then sure, one can say Romo should be worth more than Bradford.
4-5 teams already fit that description and there are no answers in sight besides Romo, Glennon?, Trubisky? Kizer?

Verdict

Reaction score
That's not even close to a fair statement because Bradford is a lot younger than Romo and hasn't had the significant injury issues that Romo has had the past 2 seasons. Those of you who keep bringing up what Minn gave for Bradford, thinking someone will do the same with Romo are being silly. Bridgewater had just suffered a very serious injury that could be career threatening which prompted Minn to make that trade. They were looking possibly long-term with Bradford who still has a lot of years left. No one is going to be looking long-term with Romo, you can't look past next year with him due to age and injuries but some of you continue not to get that.

You haven't been paying attention if you don't realize Bradford has an extensive injury history.

Verdict

Reaction score

Bradford isn't the player Romo has been so that has to be taken into account as well.

Sydla

Reaction score
4-5 teams already fit that description and there are no answers in sight besides Romo, Glennon?, Trubisky? Kizer?

No one has the desperation at this point that Minnesota had. They literally were days from the start of the season and went into full panic mode.

Note, I am not suggesting they should just cut him. I am on your side on this. They should be able to get something in return for him. But basing his value on what Minny did with Bradford is shortsighted IMO. They are clearly not the same situations.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You haven't been paying attention if you don't realize Bradford has an extensive injury history.

You haven't been paying attention, it's been 2 years since Bradford suffered a significant injury. The last 3 times Romo has taken a good hit something has broke on him. He's played only 2 full games since the 2014 season and he's almost 8 years older than Bradford.

Sydla

Reaction score
Bradford isn't the player Romo has been so that has to be taken into account as well.

True but when you take into account everything............... timing, age, injury history, etc.............. it's unlikely the Cowboys could net the same return if they trade him in the next month.

You simply can't say, "Bradford was worth a first, ergo Romo should fetch more."

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
You haven't been paying attention, it's been 2 years since Bradford suffered a significant injury. The last 3 times Romo has taken a good hit something has broke on him. He's played only 2 full games since the 2014 season and he's almost 8 years older than Bradford.
True but romo is a top 8 QB Bradford is like top 25.

DFWJC

Reaction score
just your prediction.......don't backtrack so fast
NO. I DID NOT SAY THAT
:lmao:

This is how far gone you are in wanting to argue at any chance you get.

here is what I said

"Not making a prediction, but I'll post this very (should have read every not very) few days because I'm bored:"

So, I start out by saying this is NOT MY PREDICTION....and you preceded, with that right in front of you, to argue that I was claiming it was my prediction.

I've said all along I do not know what will happen, and I have not predicted what will happen...but nothing..including what I stated could happen, and seems so impossible to some believe.

You just skipped right over that so you could argue some more.
Next thing you know you'll throwing out insults again.

Last edited:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

The key words are "has been" because Romo's best years are behind him. At his best he was clearly better than Bradford and probably still is but due to age and injuries you can't look past next season with him.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
True but romo is a top 8 QB Bradford is like top 25.

Romo isn't close to a top 8 QB now, he's only played 2 full games since the 2014 season. A number of QBs have moved ahead of him the past 2 seasons due to inactivity. Some of you still see the Romo from the 2014 season.

robjay04

Reaction score

If anything, the Bradford trade hurts Romo's value even more in my opinion. The Vikings thought they were a "quarterback away" and a lot of the NFL agreed. In retrospect they needed a lot of help and they could use that pick now. The NFL is so flukey, trading your first away for any player is a risk...much less a player that isn't in your 5 year plan.

Most people thought the Vikings were dumb to do the trade---just because they screwed up and overpaid for Bradford doesn't mean other NFL teams have to pay that price now for a similar QB, in fact it will be less.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
No one has the desperation at this point that Minnesota had. They literally were days from the start of the season and went into full panic mode.

Note, I am not suggesting they should just cut him. I am on your side on this. They should be able to get something in return for him. But basing his value on what Minny did with Bradford is shortsighted IMO. They are clearly not the same situations.
But Romo is also head and shoulders better than Bradford and there are a dozen other suitors

Those are the reason he should equal or surpass Bradford's 1st and 4th round get

Teams can risk Romo hitting FA and never even get a second glance and their situations won't improve just because time passes.... a lot of people predicted struggles for HOU, DEN, JAX, NYJ, MIA and BUFF last year based on their QB situations

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
Romo isn't close to a top 8 QB now, he's only played 2 full games since the 2014 season. A number of QBs have moved ahead of him the past 2 seasons due to inactivity. Some of you still see the Romo from the 2014 season.
If anyone knows QB's it's Elway. He wouldn't have any interest if he knew romo couldn't play. He can and will and will be one of the best QB's in the nfl as usual.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If anything, the Bradford trade hurts Romo's value even more in my opinion. The Vikings thought they were a "quarterback away" and a lot of the NFL agreed. In retrospect they needed a lot of help and they could use that pick now. The NFL is so flukey, trading your first away for any player is a risk...much less a player that isn't in your 5 year plan.

Most people thought the Vikings were dumb to do the trade---just because they screwed up and overpaid for Bradford doesn't mean other NFL teams have to pay that price now for a similar QB, in fact it will be less.

Everyone thought Minn was a QB away but no one factored in that Peterson would only appear in 3 games carrying the ball 37 times. The Vikings were built around Peterson and with him looking done, they need more than a QB.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score

MINN had a brand new stadium to open.......... they had no choice and the 15th pick in the 2017 Draft was not an answer...... fans put way too much value on Draft picks, especially around here

Sydla

Reaction score
But Romo is also head and shoulders better than Bradford and there are a dozen other suitors

Those are the reason he should equal or surpass Bradford's 1st and 4th round get

Teams can risk Romo hitting FA and never even get a second glance and their situations won't improve just because time passes.... a lot of people predicted struggles for HOU, DEN, JAX, NYJ, MIA and BUFF last year based on their QB situations

Nothing trumps desperation. And if you think that team are as desperate today as one would be days before a season started, than there is nothing to discuss here.

The Bradford comparison is a useless comparison. Plus, the reality is that most people looked at the Vikings like they had a screw loose anyway when they made the deal. Just because Bradford netted what he did does not mean that's the new rule in the NFL and that every starting QB traded has to equal or exceed that value in a trade.

All I am saying is if people are expecting to net the same or more in a trade for Romo in the next week or month leading up to the draft, then people have an unrealistic view of his value.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If anyone knows QB's it's Elway. He wouldn't have any interest if he knew romo couldn't play. He can and will and will be one of the best QB's in the nfl as usual.

There's been conflicting reports as to Denver's interest in Romo. Haven't heard Elway come right out and say he's interested.