The reason Dak isn't signed yet

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Frozen700, Feb 27, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Whirlwin

Whirlwin Well-Known Member

11,721 Messages
    6,928 Likes Received
    Lmao He’s a top 10 quarterback that’s elite. No. There’s not an elite quarterback left in this league other than Brady

2. Dre11

Dre11 Well-Known Member

11,072 Messages
    7,395 Likes Received
    And he's not sacrificing his like folks want him to.

3. Diehardblues

Diehardblues Well-Known Member

35,638 Messages
    20,804 Likes Received
    The most enjoyable aspect to all of this is Jethro is being played like a fiddle. He loses either way having to cough up more up for Dak or losing his Franchise QB.

Unfortunately it’s going to hurt the Cowboys but it’s a double edged sword of emotions with me. If we can’t have more success I find comfort in watching our Football Idiot get screwed. Lol

And I think the market is pretty well set. Dak will be in the neighborhood of Watson.

4. USArmyVet

USArmyVet Well-Known Member

2,056 Messages
    3,561 Likes Received

Give him a boot in the *** and let him sign elsewhere and recoup the draft picks.

Captain-Crash, PAPPYDOG and 5Stars like this.
  5. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

42,352 Messages
    35,170 Likes Received
    What are you talking about?

6. Section446

Section446 Well-Known Member

10,443 Messages
    8,807 Likes Received
    The Cowboys know that he isn't a franchise QB, it's pretty simple.

7. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

30,321 Messages
    5,297 Likes Received
    Post 127 you sticking up for PJDOOR or whatever the hell his name is for making such a stupid comment. Don't play dumb cause I know you aren't.

Captain-Crash likes this.
  8. john van brocklin

john van brocklin Captain Comeback

8,952 Messages
    5,569 Likes Received
    Looks like we are screwed, with no clear good options

9. CouchCoach

CouchCoach Moderator

28,941 Messages
    49,894 Likes Received
    Well, we are going to keep our record intact with some Zoners happy and some pissed, regardless of what happens.

10. john van brocklin

john van brocklin Captain Comeback

8,952 Messages
    5,569 Likes Received
    Lol

11. rocyaice

42,352 Messages
    35,170 Likes Received
    I actually didnt' know that post went through...I thought I deleted it......but I stand by it. I don't think he truly believes Aikman was inaccurate. But the same crowd that will say Dak is inaccurate will argue Aikman is even though there is nothing out there to point that Dak isn't accurate. There's plenty to prove that Aikman when he played wasn't the most accurate guy at his position. He played in a different NFL for sure.

5Stars likes this.
  12. 5Stars

30,321 Messages
    5,297 Likes Received
    What? Nothing to point out that Dak is inaccurate? Have you seen how our receivers have to twist and shout just to catch a pass from Dak? There was a story in a book about Jimmy and one story was that in the locker room a player put a a cup or an apple or something on top of his head and told Troy to try and knock it off his head from across the locker room and he nailed it. Dak could not even compete with David Carr in a throwing competition.

There is no different NFL for Aikman or Dak, football is football and throwing the football is the same in every game of football from peewee to the pros. Why you trying to act ignorant when I know you are not?

Captain-Crash and csirl like this.
  13. TwentyOne

TwentyOne Well-Known Member

6,317 Messages
    2,419 Likes Received
    Good morning.

Hope you slept well.

14. rocyaice

42,352 Messages
    35,170 Likes Received
    So you're telling me Irvin not had to twist and shout to catch a pass from Aikman? If you say no, I'd question if you ever saw him play.

"Throwing competition" and other games don't equal accuracy. If it did then David Carr and Andy Dalton would be NFL greats. They can hit targets that are still with no defenders in the way.

And its a completely different NFL. Aikman threw at targets that were getting harassed. Let's don't act ignorant because I know you're not.

5Stars likes this.
  15. 5Stars

30,321 Messages
    5,297 Likes Received
    Ok, just appease your little brain, Dak is better than Aikman ever was. Feel better now? smfh

16. rocyaice

42,352 Messages
    35,170 Likes Received
    I never said that but ok. I mean if you can't comprehend a simple statement than I don't really know what to do for you. I hope its a troll job.

17. Rayman70

Rayman70 Well-Known Member

20,964 Messages
    19,028 Likes Received
    thats fair. I still contend its up to Dak if he wants to be here. As much as France looks like a snake here, your right...and it will take all sides in this to decide what is best for the team and the player.There has to be a middle ground or this wont happen.

18. Rayman70

Rayman70 Well-Known Member

20,964 Messages
    19,028 Likes Received
  19. doomsday9084

doomsday9084 Well-Known Member

761 Messages
    1,216 Likes Received
    The reason why Dak hasn't signed is because the franchise tag system works in his favor. Its that simple. As long as he doesn't have a career ending injury this season, he can take the $38m and then go get a much bigger contract next offseason. Signing with Dallas now would cost him a fortune. Even with the career ending injury, he can buy insurance on himself for just a small portion of that $38m and not worry about it. Purely from a monetary standpoint, Dak would lose millions if he signed for anything less than $40m per year. Maybe $45m per year.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...d-the-unregulated-world-of-player-protection/

20. willia451

willia451 Well-Known Member

2,654 Messages
    2,946 Likes Received
    Jaylon got paid. Zeke got paid. Why wouldn't Dak? We like our guys.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.