The Walking Dead-Season 8, episodes 9-16

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I saw a preview earlier this season where it looked like Negan was locked in that jail Morgan built..they do need to end this Negan story, and it looks like it's gonna happen with the introduction of these new people

"All Out War" will end with episode 8-16.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Episode 8-14... 4-1-18

Looking forward to the Negan/Jadis interaction.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thought it was a good episode. The Jadis/Negan thing didn't disappoint... And she looked pretty good in those jeans! :)

punchnjudy

Reaction score
Interesting that Rick's word in this episode means nothing and Negan presumably will keep his promise. At the very least, he didn't spear Jadis with the bat after she let him go. And it's probably safe to assume he'll eventually dust Simon.

CapnB

Reaction score
Interesting that Rick's word in this episode means nothing and Negan presumably will keep his promise. At the very least, he didn't spear Jadis with the bat after she let him go. And it's probably safe to assume he'll eventually dust Simon.

Yeah it was kinda weird but cool. To see the two kinda flip roles. Also noticed a few lines that were said this episode that had been used in past seasons. And Henry being saved in a culvert draining thing where Sofia was supposed to stay at when Rick was trying to save her way back in season 2

rynochop

Reaction score
He's on the after show next week, so he might get it.
The actor that plays that Jared guy is good, plays a complete dick, but a cool guy in real life

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Yeah, Simon is toast either this episode or 8-16.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah it was kinda weird but cool. To see the two kinda flip roles. Also noticed a few lines that were said this episode that had been used in past seasons. And Henry being saved in a culvert draining thing where Sofia was supposed to stay at when Rick was trying to save her way back in season 2

Good catch on the discussion of past events.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So who did Negan pickup in the car?

I'm guessing one of three...

1. Gregory
2. The gal who shot Dwight during the attack on Alexandria
3. Dwight's Ex, who was last seen last season

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In some Reality shows there is always the "bad" girl or guy.
Everyone sees how they are bad, the bad things they do, yet you are led to believe that the person or people that are in charge of voting them off of the show are either too stupid to
see how bad that person is or they figure as long as that bad person is on the show it will keep the heat off of the bad stuff they might do.

But in reality it is for ratings for the show and in some cases some people on the show have basically let it leak out that sometimes people are encouraged to not vote out the "bad" player because of the ratings.

Sometimes the bad player is eventually voted out when they start getting close to the end...other times the bad player is left there in order for the good guy to win and in other cases the bad player wins the game and if they play it right they can make somewhat of a career as being known as the bad guy or gal...Omarosa is one that comes to mind. Another one was Johnny Fairplay on Survivor who went on to have a career as a manager in wrestling.

Anyway...the point of this ramble is that Negan is starting to feel like the bad guy from these reality shows that behind the scenes the shows make sure he is not removed yet because of ratings or whatever reason.

From the part where he was just standing outside and rick and the crew could have shot him...to this time when Jadis could have just killed him. Yet he keeps plodding along to the point you have to say to yourself...if he really is this bad of a bad guy, why do they keep letting him live. I know I know this is not a reality show but sooner or later we are going to get tired of seeing him in positions to be killed and playing the bad guy only for people to be too stupid to kill him or believe his bull.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Everyone sees how they are bad, the bad things they do, yet you are led to believe that the person or people that are in charge of voting them off of the show are either too stupid to
see how bad that person is or they figure as long as that bad person is on the show it will keep the heat off of the bad stuff they might do.

But in reality it is for ratings for the show and in some cases some people on the show have basically let it leak out that sometimes people are encouraged to not vote out the "bad" player because of the ratings.

Sometimes the bad player is eventually voted out when they start getting close to the end...other times the bad player is left there in order for the good guy to win and in other cases the bad player wins the game and if they play it right they can make somewhat of a career as being known as the bad guy or gal...Omarosa is one that comes to mind. Another one was Johnny Fairplay on Survivor who went on to have a career as a manager in wrestling.

Anyway...the point of this ramble is that Negan is starting to feel like the bad guy from these reality shows that behind the scenes the shows make sure he is not removed yet because of ratings or whatever reason.

From the part where he was just standing outside and rick and the crew could have shot him...to this time when Jadis could have just killed him. Yet he keeps plodding along to the point you have to say to yourself...if he really is this bad of a bad guy, why do they keep letting him live. I know I know this is not a reality show but sooner or later we are going to get tired of seeing him in positions to be killed and playing the bad guy only for people to be too stupid to kill him or believe his bull.

That's a valid point.

Some have said that Negan dies in episode 8-16... Just because it's 8-16 and they have not resigned the actor for season 9.

I just don't think AMC would announce the signing before the end of the season so not to giveaway the possible conclusion of the arc.

CapnB

Reaction score
So who did Negan pickup in the car?

I'm guessing one of three...

1. Gregory
2. The gal who shot Dwight during the attack on Alexandria
3. Dwight's Ex, who was last seen last season

I was pretty set it being on the chick he shot during the Alexandria attack. But, #3 would be a wow cool moment. hmmmmm

CapnB

Reaction score

People say its a ratings thing, but imo its storyline thing with keeping Negan around. I think a lot of people are just sick of the whole savior storyline period. I for one am not. I wanna see JDM for a few more seasons.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
People say its a ratings thing, but imo its storyline thing with keeping Negan around. I think a lot of people are just sick of the whole savior storyline period. I for one am not. I wanna see JDM for a few more seasons.

I understand BP's point. Negan keeps being put in places where he could very well die, but does not.

I doubt that many truly thought Jadis was going to follow through and kill him.

I was of the greater belief that he was going to kill her in escaping. But he did not.

At this point of the show I find Negan to be a more honorable character than Rick. You can take Negan at his word... Rick obviously you can not.

But I think we're going to have a Rick "face-turn" here soon.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I understand BP's point. Negan keeps being put in places where he could very well die, but does not.

I doubt that many truly thought Jadis was going to follow through and kill him.

I was of the greater belief that he was going to kill her in escaping. But he did not.

At this point of the show I find Negan to be a more honorable character than Rick. You can take Negan at his word... Rick obviously you can not.

But I think we're going to have a Rick "face-turn" here soon.

The oddball thing is when they were having the episodes where it was showing Rick as an older man and it flashed and you seen Negan working in the garden.

Thought that was weird and I hope they don't go that angle where they become ok with each other all because Carl wrote a few letters to people.

And you are right...I do not tire of Negan or JDM as I think they are interesting characters and JDM does a good job.

I tire of them putting him in situations where others have the ability to kill him after him treating others badly while he acts like a complete tool while holding his advantage over them.

So they make him the bad guy of all bad guys (while trying to balance a LITTLE good in him) to the point even some of his own people don't like him...BUT...They make sure that no matter how many precarious positions they put him in, he seems to walk out a ok.

It is almost...almost...getting as bad as Glenn under the dumpster.