The Walking Dead-Season 8, episodes 9-16

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The oddball thing is when they were having the episodes where it was showing Rick as an older man and it flashed and you seen Negan working in the garden.

Thought that was weird and I hope they don't go that angle where they become ok with each other all because Carl wrote a few letters to people.

And you are right...I do not tire of Negan or JDM as I think they are interesting characters and JDM does a good job.

I tire of them putting him in situations where others have the ability to kill him after him treating others badly while he acts like a complete tool while holding his advantage over them.

So they make him the bad guy of all bad guys (while trying to balance a LITTLE good in him) to the point even some of his own people don't like him...BUT...They make sure that no matter how many precarious positions they put him in, he seems to walk out a ok.

It is almost...almost...getting as bad as Glenn under the dumpster.

Yeah, I keep thinking of the dumpster fake-out.

I have an easier time believing Rick would keep Negan alive than I would Maggie.

But whatever...

I'd like the Negan character around for another season just because the character has become much more interesting– Even more so than Rick at this point. For that matter I'd rather follow Negan & Jadis rather than Rick & Michonne.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, I keep thinking of the dumpster fake-out.

I have an easier time believing Rick would keep Negan alive than I would Maggie.

But whatever...

I'd like the Negan character around for another season just because the character has become much more interesting– Even more so than Rick at this point. For that matter I'd rather follow Negan & Jadis rather than Rick & Michonne.

Rick has always been a bit of a boring character and I can only take the so much of the crying, red eyed, shaking rick when he is put in a bad spot.
Rick and Michonnes' relationship is kind of a bore too...they got together and now it is meh.

Jadis bores me for the most part.

Negan on the other hand is more interesting than all of those put together.

He illicit s different reactions from different people.

To Rick and Crew he is over the top bad guy.
To Some of his own people he is the over the top bad guy where they don't like him but are afraid of him.

Then you have Simon who does not think Negan goes far enough with dealing with people.

blindzebra

Reaction score
The oddball thing is when they were having the episodes where it was showing Rick as an older man and it flashed and you seen Negan working in the garden.

Thought that was weird and I hope they don't go that angle where they become ok with each other all because Carl wrote a few letters to people.

And you are right...I do not tire of Negan or JDM as I think they are interesting characters and JDM does a good job.

I tire of them putting him in situations where others have the ability to kill him after him treating others badly while he acts like a complete tool while holding his advantage over them.

So they make him the bad guy of all bad guys (while trying to balance a LITTLE good in him) to the point even some of his own people don't like him...BUT...They make sure that no matter how many precarious positions they put him in, he seems to walk out a ok.

It is almost...almost...getting as bad as Glenn under the dumpster.
Those were Carl's dreams.

blindzebra

Reaction score
They are doing an interesting turn on the characters right now. Morgan is a stick away from Clear again. We have seen ruthless Rick before too, just ask the Claim guy, but we need to keep in mind that regardless of the Lucille back story, Negan is still a classic narcissist and probably a sociopath. Would Negan have been a serial killer had their not been a zombie apocalypse? Probably not, but I have no doubt that he'd always serve his own interests first, walkers or not. No apocalypse Rick would kill to protect himself of others, I could see Negan killing to get what he wanted if he needed to do it.

No matter how human Negan looks when he says he cares about life, just remember he called that life resources. Lives matter when it can serve his needs.
No matter how inhuman Rick looks, only a small part of his motivation is revenge, he is killing to protect his people. Every decision he makes, right or wrong, is based on that protecting those he cares about.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As far as Simon is concerned...

...I would not be surprised at all if a similar scene does not play out soon in the Sanctuary's meeting room.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
The episode was pretty good, but the Negan, Jadis thing was dumb as hell. Has the show really come down to dueling memorabilia?

Was pretty interesting how her container was spotless.

I am also getting worn out with all the crying and what not. All these years later, one would think they would of mentally adopted to the world they live in by now. Not saying it would be easy, but I don't get Carol, Morgan or Rick sometimes.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pre-episode thoughts...

Thinking about it, I believe the person Negan picked up was the gal that witnessed Dwight shooting Saviors at Alexandria which of course will mean bad times for Dwight.

I don't think it was Gregory simply because why hide it?

I don't think it was Dwight's ex because I think Negan's greeting in the car would have been much different.

I gotta believe Simon's demise occurs tonight simply because next week's episode is going to be so huge with the apparent conclusion of the "War".

CapnB

Reaction score
Yea but the psychotic rant was nice. Thought an eye was popping out

Indeed. I thought it would be a bit more gruesome though. Considering how bad he ***** negan over so i was expecting a nasty payback kill

CapnB

Reaction score
what gets me is the a zip-tied Eugene can hide himself so well in an ash pile in 45 seconds that Darrell can’t figure it out with his Lord of the Rings Ranger level tracking skills???

Yeah i try to overlook some of the "how or why" stuff. But I couldnt on that one. I just blurted out. That was stupid

bodi

Reaction score
one thing that gets me is how many times has Rick lost his pistol only to have it reappear all of sudden

CapnB

Reaction score
one thing that gets me is how many times has Rick lost his pistol only to have it reappear all of sudden

Yeah, I wonder if someone has kept count who has lost their weapon of choice the most. Rick with his Chrome Python. Daryle with his cross bow and Michonne with her sword.