The Walking Dead-Season 8, episodes 9-16

blindzebra

Reaction score
Agreed.

I was a little surprised that Negan decided to wipe-out whos left at the Hilltop based on Simon failing (as opposed to simply killing Rick, the widow & the king and leaving the others to restart the supply chain for the sanctuary)– The jump in logic didn't make a lot of sense to me.
Negan is a narcissist and the betrayal of Simon and Dwight puts his power in jeopardy, he has to prove he has the biggest you know what once again, or risk having another Savior challenging him.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Negan is a narcissist and the betrayal of Simon and Dwight puts his power in jeopardy, he has to prove he has the biggest you know what once again, or risk having another Savior challenging him.

Yeah, ultimately that is what's driving him. Just thought it was a bit abrupt, but I get it.

punchnjudy

Reaction score
All along I thought Eugene was going to meet his maker at the conclusion of this season but the little speech by Rosita... Let me say I'm not so sure now.

Some characters will likely be spared just so the next foe can have a few "name" victims. I'll be surprised if him or the Father are around much longer.

CapnB

Reaction score
I wonder if Eugene will save the day for Rick and the hilltop gang. (Sounds like a bad 70's disco group) But here me out. What if Eugene has seen the error of his ways. He's been struggling with it for some time now and he let Gabe and the doc out. What if he makes blanks for negan and co.? and thats how they overcome negans okie doke with Dwight. He already put Gabe back on the line and he knows he cant see worth a dang.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wonder if Eugene will save the day for Rick and the hilltop gang. (Sounds like a bad 70's disco group) But here me out. What if Eugene has seen the error of his ways. He's been struggling with it for some time now and he let Gabe and the doc out. What if he makes blanks for negan and co.? and thats how they overcome negans okie doke with Dwight. He already put Gabe back on the line and he knows he cant see worth a dang.

I wouldn't be surprised if it spins out like that.

As I posted before... the Rosita "speech" to him about being a **** was a tip-off IMO.

punchnjudy

Reaction score

Hadn't they already produced a lot of bullets before he returned or are you thinking he was sabotaging them the entire time?

CapnB

Reaction score
Hadn't they already produced a lot of bullets before he returned or are you thinking he was sabotaging them the entire time?

I think its the big order that negan just ordered. I think there will be enough to do a little bit of damage then all of a sudden.. nobody is falling down. I think it will start with a major character lined up to be killed and then the blanks will happen. Or at least thats how I would have done it.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

All someone would have to do (if they were the ones doling out the ammo) would be to makes sure the funky bullets were handed out first– With the rest of the bullets being OK. It will be interesting if they show a brief sequence of Eugene handing out the ammo prior to the battle.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think its the big order that negan just ordered. I think there will be enough to do a little bit of damage then all of a sudden.. nobody is falling down. I think it will start with a major character lined up to be killed and then the blanks will happen. Or at least thats how I would have done it.

I could see that to a point...

The challenge I have with that scenario is if they're (the Saviors) going to shoot one at a time that would mean Team Rick will have dropped their weapons and essentially given up... And I'm not seeing that. I think they know this is total death for one side or the other so there's no sense in giving up your weapons.

What I could see is are the Saviors totally surrounding Rick & Co., with Rick & Co. being so overwhelmed by the numbers that they do not start shooting immediately. Negan then gives a little speech and gives the order to start shooting en masse.

punchnjudy

Reaction score
All someone would have to do (if they were the ones doling out the ammo) would be to makes sure the funky bullets were handed out first– With the rest of the bullets being OK. It will be interesting if they show a brief sequence of Eugene handing out the ammo prior to the battle.

We'll see. At this point, I wouldn't expect Negan to trust anyone very much. But it's fiction, so if they want Eugene to be redeemed then he will be.

But the last battle is a good opportunity to dispose of some of the cast members who don't fit Ang's vision for Season 9. I know she said something about re-focusing on characters with the best chemistry in Season 9 so I would expect some of Rick's group to depart soon with more to follow when they meet their next enemy.

CapnB

Reaction score
We'll see. At this point, I wouldn't expect Negan to trust anyone very much. But it's fiction, so if they want Eugene to be redeemed then he will be.

But the last battle is a good opportunity to dispose of some of the cast members who don't fit Ang's vision for Season 9. I know she said something about re-focusing on characters with the best chemistry in Season 9 so I would expect some of Rick's group to depart soon with more to follow when they meet their next enemy.

If thats the case. I see Tara and Eugene gone next episode.

punchnjudy

Reaction score

We'll see. I found the articles I read. My memory of the articles was off--It was actually Nicotero speaking for Kang while discussing in very general terms the direction she has in mind for Season 9.

“Angela has a very clear vision for the show and she has a great voice; she’s got a unique voice,” Nicotero said. “Especially looking back at where our show succeeds the most — in terms of the characters that have the best chemistry together and the locations that [worked well]. It’s always kind of nice to be on the road a little bit. Any time we’re sort of situated in one place for too long… I feel like the show is kind of morphing back into a Season 4, Season 5 kind of vibe.”

https://www.forbes.com/sites/insert...seasons-4-5-with-new-showrunner/#493375c53f26

http://fandom.wikia.com/articles/the-walking-dead-season-9-like-season-4-and-5

In the second article Nicotero says the season 8 finale will wrap up character storylines.

None of that tells me which characters will go (of course, considering the source), but I'd be surprised if Rick's group doesn't start getting revamped next week. I was mostly just glad to see they were trying a different Director who supposedly wrote popular episodes from earlier seasons. I never heard of her until then.

CapnB

Reaction score
One little thing I noticed in the trailer for next weeks season ender. The battle takes place in a large field. Almost like a civil war battlefield like at gettysburg or something.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
One little thing I noticed in the trailer for next weeks season ender. The battle takes place in a large field. Almost like a civil war battlefield like at gettysburg or something.

Yeah, I was thinking something like "Custer's Last Stand".

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
OK, does Negan live or die at the conclusion of episode 8-16?

I'm going with live. Will end up in the cell at Alexandria just like in the graphic novel.

Now is that a sure thing?

Absolutely not.
well in ricks "fuzzy dream" negan was at the garden with them taking care of judith. i think that's their way of forshadowing.

i think risk is gonna kick his *** but carls words of going back to the old way will kick in and he'll jail negan. whoever has these helicopters flying about will become the next 3 season dragged out story and negan will work with rick and co against this new menace.

now is that a sure thing?
absolutely not. :)

rynochop

Reaction score
I'm not sure about Tara, I could see father Gabriel, his character has kinda run its course.

I read one theory about the helicopter is that it's from Fear twd

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
well in ricks "fuzzy dream" negan was at the garden with them taking care of judith. i think that's their way of forshadowing.

i think risk is gonna kick his *** but carls words of going back to the old way will kick in and he'll jail negan. whoever has these helicopters flying about will become the next 3 season dragged out story and negan will work with rick and co against this new menace.

now is that a sure thing?
absolutely not. :)

I could be wrong but I believe that was Carl's dream.

But I do think Negan survives.

CapnB

Reaction score
I'm not sure about Tara, I could see father Gabriel, his character has kinda run its course.

I read one theory about the helicopter is that it's from Fear twd

Now that would be a twist.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
I could be wrong but I believe that was Carl's dream.

But I do think Negan survives.
maybe. if it was carl doing it i'm pretty sure i wasn't paying attention. we finally get rid of the kid who always causes trouble and they replace him in very short order with a new kid screwing things up and setting people free.

i hope negan does survive. he's about all worth watching right now.

Last edited:

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Dwight could die... Either by one of the Saviors, i.e. Negan or by Daryl's hand during the battle.

But here's how I think he could survive...

In the preview we see Dwight in the "A" prison uniform that Daryl wore and no doubt Negan takes Dwight to the ambush spot.

And given the fact Negan likes to run his mouth he will love to tell team Rick how he uncovered their "spy" (Dwighty-boy) and the information he fed Dwight set all this up (the ambush). So between Negan running his yap to appear smarter than Rick and Dwight in his prison jumpsuit... Dwight isn't killed by Daryl (or anyone else on Team Rick).

Excellent point. That actually makes sense.