There’s something wrong with us

ESisback

Reaction score
I hope Dak has an MVP year
I hope Zeke has an AWESOMELY SPECTACULAR year
I hope LVE has a 2nd in DPOY (to Micah) year
I hope They all make 1st Team All-Pro

I don't care an iddy biddy bit if I'm "right"

I freakin' well LOVE the Dallas Cowboys and would happily sacrifice one of the more tender parts of My anatomy if it would secure another Superbowl.

Beat that.
I enjoy beatings!

ESisback

Reaction score
We can all hope......but it is up to each individual player to do their part for the team to have a great year. That's when the constructive criticisms come, is when we feel they did not prepare themselves enough mentally and/or physically and instead hurt the team. Nothing personal . I am not looking to be right on any one player, but i do want that player to be held accountable for his part. I am still here because I am a DALLAS COWBOYS fan....regardless of who plays for them or who owns them.

Nothing against constructive criticism, analysis, debate, etc., etc., etc. We all do it. This speaks to those that more or less guarantee failure. This guy stinks, this one sucks, we’re THE laughingstock, blah blah blah—all under the “realist” umbrella.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Not for those who do it for a living.
But fans don’t need to feel like the team does. We don’t have to buy into anything.

Rooting for a perineal loser in my amateur teams most of my life has prepared me for the apathetic attitude needed for this Cowboys down era where you watch not expecting good results.

And no, losing isn’t as much fun as winning. Fortunately there’s many more games to watch every weekend than our home team.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Nothing against constructive criticism, analysis, debate, etc., etc., etc. We all do it. This speaks to those that more or less guarantee failure. This guy stinks, this one sucks, we’re THE laughingstock, blah blah blah—all under the “realist” umbrella.
I haven’t seen that attitude from anyone but the Dak and Romo trolls.

ESisback

Reaction score
I’ve watched many films multiple times knowing I didn’t like the ending. Still has entertainment value.

Virtually everything has SOMETHING redeemable. Unsweetened oatmeal is edible, but half gallon dishes every morning? The whole jist of this thread is the ENDLESS crying about the same four or five players, and how useless it is.

ESisback

Reaction score
I haven’t seen that attitude from anyone but the Dak and Romo trolls.

Add those that endlessly moan about Jerry, Stephen, fat puppet lame duck McCarthy, Kellen Moore, Lawrence, the depleted OL and WR corps….

The only 12-5, division winning laughingstock in the NFL!✊

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Add those that endlessly moan about Jerry, Stephen, fat puppet lame duck McCarthy, Kellen Moore, Lawrence, the depleted OL and WR corps….

The only 12-5, division winning laughingstock in the NFL!✊
You basically don’t like any chronic critics. And you’d like to make this a happy place. A haven for more fans who feel like you do.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Haven’t seen, or stubbornly refuse to acknowledge?
The Dak trolls are the biggest problem IMO.

But as far as the overall apathetic attitude it’s not difficult to understand why . That doesn’t mean you have to like it. I think most would rather be having more success and hanging banners.

There are happier places to go for Cowboy fans.

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Not rainbows and unicorns—just normal fan stuff. Fun and laid back. It should be a place to escape TO, not FROM.
Is there a safe place on social media?

Ultimately I think we have to simply ignore much and try to respond and align with those with similar thoughts.

I’m not sure there is normal anymore. Not on the internet.

ESisback

Reaction score
The Dak trolls are the biggest problem IMO.

But as far as the overall apathetic attitude it’s not difficult to understand why . That doesn’t mean you have to like it. I think most would rather be having more success and hanging banners.

There are happier places to go for Cowboy fans.

And less happy places, too! Leper colonies, jails, funeral homes…

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Who knows? Probably!
There are some informative and entertaining Facebook pages. They’ll start popping up once you follow others. Not much negative on it. Place to comment and interact.

Bloggintheboys another good site with fans interaction. But much like our old site these forums have the most activity. With that comes an element.

plasticman

Reaction score
Absolutely agree,

If you asked my honest opinion on a player I might be down on them but that doesn't mean I want them to fail. In fact, I would be much happier if they proved me wrong.

I don't hate any player, they are Cowboys when they win or lose. They didn't lose a game or play poorly just to spite me, it's not personal so why should I make it personal?

And when a great player's career start winding down I'm not going to ridicule them for commiting the unforgivable sin of growing old and no longer playing at an All Pro level, that's just plain rude.

I am a Dallas Cowboys fan and there is a place in my heart for every ex-player that gave their all to make me proud of that fact. That's true if they are playing for another team or coaching for another team. When they play the Cowboys I root against them. Otherwise I wish them the best.