There is no logic to this. Mina Kimes believes not finalizing a deal with Lamb 'makes no sense'

DandyDon52

Reaction score
100%

And by not signing him, the cost only goes up, he gets more frustrated, and other players trust the FO less as good will is diminished.

We are only losing in this arrangement. We lose money. We lose time. And we lose respect and goodwill.

Cowboys!
GB doesnt have a Lamb, no 30 +mil wr's and they beat dallas in dallas lol.
So having a lamb isnt all that great or necessary is it?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
And I'm telling you right now he's not holding out he will play for $1 million a game or I'll be one of the biggest holdouts ever I mean literally $17 million for about $200.00 worth of work and if you hold out for that you're giving up a lot of money you will not make up they already intend to pay him but whenever they come to negotiation table and get it figured out there's a lot of details to work out... You think it's holding the Cowboys hostage I say it's not the man holds out then you trade him that's the long and short of it... This is not the same as elliott's holdout he's a running back that knew you have one shot at it and it wasn't for this amount of money either I don't remember the details cause it doesn't matter to me because I knew eventually they were gonna pay him anyway but it was how much and all the details and that's what they're working out with glam right now but there are other wide receivers in the league right now in the same position this is not a Jerry Jones thing that's my point why does she mention all the players right now that didn't show up for voluntary workouts and all the players who allegedly deserved contract you don't have on why didn't she bring them all up it's because the Cowboys are clickbait they mentioned the Cowboys so it gets drama started because it gets talk started and that's how it is that's why we have all the primetime games that's why we dominate the headlines all over social media there's nothing to see here contract or no contract he's not giving up $17 million to make a point he just is deciding to not come to these like Michael Parsons did not come to last years why is that was that him making a point he played the entire year.. He's not here again this year there's nothing to read into it until there is they're making up stories to create headlines that's it but you guys are buying into it I don't think he intends to hold out or hold the Cowboys hostage...
Didn't say he's holding the team hostage. He simply will do what other players have done and wait until he absolutely has to before showing up to try to force the team's hands, which most likely will happen. This isn't anything unusual. It's just NFL business. Martin held out last year until Week 2 of the preseason. Despite accruing fines during that time, he knew revising his deal would make up for that. Frankly, the team isn't too worried about star players holding out because they don't want them getting injured in camp or in preseason games. They aren't going to play them much anyway, so as long as they are in shape, it's more of a question of conditioning, which isn't as big of a deal because of how the offseason is done and the limitations the CBA puts on training camp.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Martin was holding out for more money. If Lamb does it, it would just be for a long term deal. He's not making any more money if he signs a long term deal this year or next year. Zeke was afraid he'd never get a long term deal. Lamb doesn't have to worry about that. I doubt he holds out.
He'd hold out for guaranteed money, which he'd lose if he gets injured. I won't be surprised if he misses part of camp if they don't come to an agreement before camp. I also won't be surprised if that isn't a big deal to the front office. It already knows what Lamb can do so it's not worried about him missing a couple of weeks, like Martin did.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Green Bay didn't go to the Super Bowl, so maybe it could have used a Lamb.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Beating Dallas in the playoffs these days isn’t saying much now is it?

Are you really trying to argue that the reason we shouldn’t sign great players, is that GB came to Dallas and dismantled us without great players?!

If so, then I think you missed the key lesson from that embarrassing loss lol

DuncanIso

Reaction score
It would be a surprise if they did any big contracts right now.

The cap is underwater and they still have to make that up before week 1.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Did Zeke? No. He just didn't show up and it became apparent, didn't it?
I keep trying to tell you just because that's what happened with zeke doesn't mean that's what's gonna happen with lamb I mean you're reading too much into it... We'll find out in training camp this is nonsense talking about this stuff when lots of veterans do this..... Most don't show up for voluntary stuff a lot of dudes are very specific what they want to do in their offseason working out with their own coaches on their own time doing their own thing in their own space until they're time to turn it on in training camp....

But hey you wanna read the negative that's all you guys do anyway it's just all nonsense besides the fact that this is all gonna be a holding pattern anyway the man's not gonna give up 17,000,000 I guarantee zeke's deal wasn't anywhere near that and besides again he's a running back and we all knew this was gonna happen running backs get lowballed they have a short career he knows it everybody knew it but he never technically held out... So it's way too soon to be talking about this and I don't think it's gonna happen anyway if he doesn't get a contract I guarantee he plays this year.... Put it in three inch headlines CD lamb will play this year even if it's on his fifth year option that's $1,000,000 a damn game wake up bro nobody's turning down $1,000,000 again because you'll never make up for it ask lady on bell and Antonio Brown yeah they eventually got money but they never ever got that money back they never even got what they asked for....

I know it's not the same but Dalton Schultz turned down a three-year deal thank the good Lord played on the franchise tag and went and played for 1/3 of that his first year in Houston and now he's got a decent contract with the Cowboys offered him more and he turned it down but he played guys play on the franchise tag the transition tag and their fifth year options all the time so I have more references to that than actually people who hold out this is not a holdout..

In the famous words

what do voluntary mean..lol or Practice, we talkin practice..lmao

blueblood70

Reaction score
Didn't say he's holding the team hostage. He simply will do what other players have done and wait until he absolutely has to before showing up to try to force the team's hands, which most likely will happen. This isn't anything unusual. It's just NFL business. Martin held out last year until Week 2 of the preseason. Despite accruing fines during that time, he knew revising his deal would make up for that. Frankly, the team isn't too worried about star players holding out because they don't want them getting injured in camp or in preseason games. They aren't going to play them much anyway, so as long as they are in shape, it's more of a question of conditioning, which isn't as big of a deal because of how the offseason is done and the limitations the CBA puts on training camp.
When is something you gonna get it that it's not forcing the team's hands literally a lot of guys do this it's normal we'll see what he does in training camp we'll see how he shows up what his attitude is but right now what do voluntary mean we talk in practice literally this is what veterans choose to do when these stuff is voluntary no reason to show up yet and it it's not making the team nervous why wouldn't it the the people who need the reps are getting it there are a lot of young players on this team that need every one of these reps...

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
fine CeeDee and tag next year. TRADE PARSONS!
2#1s

kskboys

Reaction score
I'm a Cowboys fan and I'm not the slightest bit nervous. Maybe Cowboys fans in their early teens might be nervous. But I'm long past caring if Jerry screws up the cap or trades a player.
Yeah, I'm more concerned w/ him paying/overpaying players.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Please explain how commenting on an internet forum is evidence for “caring.”
It should be quite obvious if you aren't dense.

If you truly didn't care then you would just avoid this thread, or you would read it, and move on without commenting.

But since you took the trouble to post, it reveals two thing about you:

1) You do care.

2) It is important to your ego that everyone else here know how much you "don't care".

When I truly don't care about a thread topic I don't read it nor do I comment in it. That's what people do when they truly don't care.

kskboys

Reaction score
It should be quite obvious if you aren't dense.

If you truly didn't care then you would just avoid this thread, or you would read it, and move on without commenting.

But since you took the trouble to post, it reveals two thing about you:

1) You do care.

2) It is important to your ego that everyone else here know how much you "don't care".

When I truly don't care about a thread topic I don't read it nor do I comment in it. That's what people do when they truly don't care.
Joining up w/ this forum proves one cares.

kskboys

Reaction score
Well, you see, Mimosa, this is how it works. Jerry tries to follow certain facets of teams that have had success. KC let their best WR walk and then proceeded to win 2 super bowls, so Jerry figures the only way to guarantee super bowl wins is to dump our best WR. It worked for KC, it must be the right way, right?

Does that mean we're finally giving up on this ridiculous 2 TE mess?

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
I am most surprised that people still watch ESPN and take it seriously.

She lost me when she mentioned in the article that Lamb missed OTAs and that it is a go to move of top receivers to get a satisfactory deal without mentioning the fact that CD has always missed voluntary OTAs. There is nothing to see here unless he doesn't report when it counts.

There are a few big name WRs looking to get new deals. Aiyuk is looking for around $30 million, who knows what Jefferson is asking for. Agents have all the leverage and know the longer they wait the more money they can get for their clients. For all we know they are holding a new deal up, not the Cowboys.

Creeper

Reaction score
I am 50% that Jerry and Stephen are going to let CeeDee walk after this year. I could be wrong, but I agree, there is no good reason why they have not extended CeeDee already. Perhaps they want to see what Justin Jefferon's deal looks like? Still, why not get it done and lock CeeDee up for the next 5 years or so?

The reason I think they are not going to extend him is because they are concerned about Dak and Micah and may have decided they can only keep 2 of the 3 stars. I think they are concerned Dak's deal is going to be a record setter, so it Micah's. I think they believe they can replace CeeDee at some point with someone not as good, but cheaper allowing them to back WR1 up with 2 better WRs than they have now.

What bothers me about all this is the uncertainty that surrounds the team. What a distraction for the upcoming season if they don't settle all these questions.