This is what entitlement looks like (Commish's kid pulled over)

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Well that is sad, but at least you are honest about it.
It's only sad because you don't have a full grasp/explanation of it. If you lived it you wouldn't see it the way you see it now. Just like when i was in Texas, everyone is ready/strapped but yet everyone is so friendly. To me that is alien and awkward, but i respected it and enjoyed the friendliness, and if you were here you would enjoy some of our stuff.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It's only sad because you don't have a full grasp/explanation of it. If you lived it you wouldn't see it the way you see it now. Just like when i was in Texas, everyone is ready/strapped but yet everyone is so friendly. To me that is alien and awkward, but i respected it and enjoyed the friendliness, and if you were here you would enjoy some of our stuff.
Jersey rules!!!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Jersey is a different kind of living and it could be difficult for some to understand. I think that's whats happening with some people here.
I heeded the advice in the OP, and skipped to posts #19 & #28. It sounds like I need to go back and read some stuff.

Reaction score
As for the woman in the video, I love to see pompous, entitled people get shut down. It's as if they're really no more important than the rest of us!;)
I love the way the cop at around 4:40 asks her, in a confused way, that if her job involves overseeing so many officers, why she isn't more understanding of what police go through and treating them the way she is.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I'm like 10 minutes south of that town Tenafly. Most people in Northern NJ talk to cops like that minus the commissioner stuff. These confrontations are a everyday occurrence here. This area is probably the most corrupt area in the country but that's just my guess.
I had a delivery in Tenafly a couple of weeks ago. Fortunately, I didn't have to deal with the law. Bergen County seriously doesn't like trucks driving through their county.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
I had a delivery in Tenafly a couple of weeks ago. Fortunately, I didn't have to deal with the law. Bergen County seriously doesn't like trucks driving through their county.
We don't. I love Bergen County. Whats worse than the corruption is how crowded it's gotten over the last 20 years. That's are biggest downfall.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The funny thing is no one here in NNJ even cares about the corruption, most people are making a lot of money so all the people that matter are happy and that's pretty much the end of it. Cops here give most people this kind of space to vent, some people get more space than others.
I watched my drunk brother slap a flashlight out of a cop's hand, then go slap the floodlight right off another cop's cruiser, then rode home with us without so much as a fine......and we were poor!

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Some of those drivers would benefit from a trip to Texas. Talk about an attitude adjustment!

heh Dallas is one of the highest road rage cities in the US. Along with New York, Detroit, Atlanta, and one other city. I can't recall. It's not Houston, LA, or Chicago, but another large city.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Some of those drivers would benefit from a trip to Texas. Talk about an attitude adjustment!
When i was in Dallas/FTW i saw very little traffic except on gameday. So your statement is not true most New Jerseyans would actually enjoy driving in Texas as long as they don't get blocked in behind very slow drivers.

Silver Surfer

Reaction score
My father encountered this type of behavior 50 years ago in a small town in Michigan. He eventually left the force, in part, because of the corruption in the police department and city hall.

I guess I missed the part where I was supposed to learn why they got pulled over. Anybody know why?

So they pulled them over for window tinting and a frame around their license plate? Things that are legal in the state the car is listened in?

Not justifying her behavior, but I'd be pissed too.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I watched my drunk brother slap a flashlight out of a cop's hand, then go slap the floodlight right off another cop's cruiser, then rode home with us without so much as a fine......and we were poor!

Well, let your brother know I'm fining him now. $500 He can make the check payable to Yosemite Sam. The roughest, toughest, rootinest, shootinest Cowboy this side of the Pecos.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
I believe it because that's not unusual here, sometimes those people get arrested sometimes they don't. I never cross the line that far, i only speak pissed off for a minute or two if needed. Last time when i got a meter ticket i went to my police station and started a huge scene and all they did was apologize multiple times and everything is fine, no grudges no nothing. They wave when they see me driving and i wave back, no big deal. Living in NJ is stressful and we need to vent sometimes cops here know this.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
So they pulled them over for window tinting and a frame around their license plate? Things that are legal in the state the car is listened in?

Not justifying her behavior, but I'd be pissed too.
The car was unregistered...or were you referring to something else?