This is what entitlement looks like (Commish's kid pulled over)

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
Moderator Edit: All new thread participants are strongly urged to read posts #19 and #28 immediately after the OP

Her child and friends go to PHD programs at Yale and MIT. They are clearly above the law and should never be sullied with a cop pulling them over.

What an a hole.

This is on route 9w in Tenafly.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Jersey is a different kind of living and it could be difficult for some to understand. I think that's whats happening with some people here.
I lived in the NE for a few years stationed at Quantico and I hated the entire area. Want to go to a good restaurant? Wait in line. Too many obnoxious people everywhere. No thanks.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
It's only sad because you don't have a full grasp/explanation of it. If you lived it you wouldn't see it the way you see it now. Just like when i was in Texas, everyone is ready/strapped but yet everyone is so friendly. To me that is alien and awkward, but i respected it and enjoyed the friendliness, and if you were here you would enjoy some of our stuff.
Same thing hit me when I started spending some time in the LA suburbs, everyone was so dang friendly it caught me off guard. I'm ready for the scam line to come, but it just never did. Once you spend more time in a city/culture, the more you find the good along with the warts. I thought it was funny that the shorter cop just tuned out nearly the whole clip (don't blame em). First time I went to Jersey, I'm yelling at the dude running to come pump my gas "NOOOOO, Self Service!"...oh, really?:D

Last edited:

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Same thing hit me when I started spending some time in the LA suburbs, everyone was so dang friendly it caught me off guard. I'm ready for the scam line to come, but it just never did. Once you spend more time in a city/culture, the more you find the good along with the warts.

Haha, completely agree. I have always heard stories about Los Angeles and I vowed to never live or even visit Cali(the Niners had a lot to do with that).

Welp, after several years of living off and on there(mostly SoCal), I really fell for the place. LA is awesome and most of the people are just like those back at home in Texas, minus the accents and all. I don't get involved with the states politics and I imagine that helps me enjoy this beautiful state quite a bit more :cool:

The traffic is about the same as Houston but I don't hate sitting on the roads here in LA near as much, at least you get to see the ocean or smell the salty air while doing so :), might even see a celebrity next to ya(saw Vin Diesel once on the 110). Traffic in Houston is terrible, see nothing but flat land and you are consistently baking on the pavement while crawling through traffic. Oh, there are numerous shortcuts here to avoid the 101, 405, I5, etc. In Houston, you don't have that option in most cases which makes traffic more of a headache.

I love where I grew up in Texas and my heritage, but LA offers so much more to do and see :thumbup:

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
So Phds from the Ivy leagues don't have enough sense to avoid operating an unregistered vehicle? I weep for the future. Kudos to the person who leaked that video. That woman is a disgrace and should be publicly humiliated.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Same thing hit me when I started spending some time in the LA suburbs, everyone was so dang friendly it caught me off guard. I'm ready for the scam line to come, but it just never did. Once you spend more time in a city/culture, the more you find the good along with the warts. I thought it was funny that the shorter cop just tuned out nearly the whole clip (don't blame em). First time I went to Jersey, I'm yelling at the dude running to come pump my gas "NOOOOO, Self Service!"...oh, really?:D
:laugh: Were to lazy to pump our own gas, on the holidays and such we usually tip our gas attendants. I tip my gas attendant about 5 to 7 times a year.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
This woman should have asked to speak with the officer on the side away from the children right from the start and show her commissioner badge discreetly. She tried to use her position to impress the children/students and the cop wasn't having it.

Last edited:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This woman should have asked to speak with the officer on the side away from the children right from the start and show her commissioner badge discreetly. She tried to use her position to impress the children/students and the cop wasn't having it.
I'm assuming the daughter called her, to impress her friends.........Impressed?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Please tell me how "common sense" had their body or property physically harmed and the estimated cost ($) in damages
Are you speaking hypothetically? My common sense comment refers to super mom not questioning the children first. She might have avoided speaking with the officers on scene entirely if she had a better grasp of what happened or perhaps postponed stating her grievance until she was in a more appropriate venue, like the police department, etc.

lukin2006

Reaction score
The police handled better than most. How is she not obstructing justice. The driver is over 18, an adult, except responsibility. I got my first speeding ticket at 17, I never whined to mom and dad, the next day I took a cheque to the courthouse and paid it and moved on. She's carrying like a child, great example for society...