This is why Amari wanted out

Status
Not open for further replies.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Yeah just a bad miss by Dak here. I think the guy played a decent game overall, but this is becoming a common theme for Dak. Not sure if he simply isnt comfortable with the MM offense or what, but if you just pause that at the 6-second mark I'm not sure what Dak is missing there. In an odd way it's almost like it was too easy. The defense didn't disguise anything presnap even. It was a straight cover 2 coverage that you would expect a high school QB to take advantage of as you have the perfect play call on. If the backer runs up the seem with the TE then its an easy connection to the RB in the flat. If the Backer plays his zone as he did the TE is going to have a big window as he did.

Don't make too much out of one pay, but this was a bad miss. Pressure came, but the ball should have been out prior to Dak having to scramble.
Lol this stuff happens with every QB

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
It's called looking off the safety! If he had stared down the TE and had his pass intercepted, you would have complained about that too.
And that's fine IF you can still get set and get the ball out. Not saying every throw needs to be a 3-5 step drop and throw, but this is one that should have been made. This is one I would be very curious to hear Dak, MM, or Schottenheimer talk through. IMO its a pretty easy read of the strong side backer, but as another poster said the presnap position of that backer may have made the TE a later read? Not sure if that's true or not, but I'm open to the possibility.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
Yeah because every QB makes all the reads and throws at the right time. Like the great Justin Herbert oh wait we seen him miss passes left and right yesterday. Do you know why? It happens.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Lol this stuff happens with every QB
Yeah, and every QB throws ints, but that doesnt mean you want it to happen. Dak had a solid game last night, I'd say he clearly out performed Herbert. That doesn't mean you can't call him out on bad plays though. It's not like I'm calling for Cooper Rush to get put into the game, we are just talking about 1 play out of about 60.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is awful

Ahh, because Cooper wanted to play with Jacoby Brissett and in the highly successful Cleveland Browns organization ... lol

Or maybe this is the point to mention that the trade wasn't Cooper's choice - the Cowboys traded him away because they needed cap space.

But hey, let's cherry pick the plays that fit our narrative and ignore all facts that don't. That always works, right?

glimmerman

Reaction score
No. Ferguson is open in <2 seconds. This is 100% Daks inability to quickly diagnose after the snap. It’s his biggest weakness.

To his credit, it’s also what separates good quarterbacks from great ones. The good news is, you can win a Super Bowl with a good QB.
It looked like he saw him but felt the pressure and bailed instead of taking the shot. But not sure he saw him from the beginning. The LB and safety rolled to the left as if he looked them off.

VACowboy

Reaction score
What irks me more is that, once again, he refused to throw the ball away.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Ahh, because Cooper wanted to play with Jacoby Brissett and in the highly successful Cleveland Browns organization ... lol

Or maybe this is the point to mention that the trade wasn't Cooper's choice - the Cowboys traded him away because they needed cap space.

But hey, let's cherry pick the plays that fit our narrative and ignore all facts that don't. That always works, right?
In niners game he got blitzed and threw to his hot read (Gallup) but Gallup was knocked off the route and safety came over and was an int. Meanwhile on the other side Cooks and Lamb was running wide open. He had no time to make a decision. No time to run. No time to even look. You have time to know your hot read and get it out. Either throw it away or as close as you can to the hot read. Usually the hot read is in single coverage. Or ball gets to him before safey comes over. All some people see is wide open WR and think he should have seen them and threw it to them. Some don’t understand.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Dak dropped back turned his head to do a fake, by the time his head turns back upfield, he had the LE breaking through the line.

Now why was Dak faking to no one? I don't have the slightest clue and hopefully that gets fixed. But he missed a wide open receiver because he wasn't looking in the right direction.
Constantly does it....misses wide open people for would be scores.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
In niners game he got blitzed and threw to his hot read (Gallup) but Gallup was knocked off the route and safety came over and was an int. Meanwhile on the other side Cooks and Lamb was running wide open. He had no time to make a decision. No time to run. No time to even look. You have time to know your hot read and get it out. Either throw it away or as close as you can to the hot read. Usually the hot read is in single coverage. Or ball gets to him before safey comes over. All some people see is wide open WR and think he should have seen them and threw it to them. Some don’t understand.
Totally agree.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
IMG-8792.jpg
Thank you Nat, that's what I thought I was seeing too.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Coop is the man. All I know. DeShawn, jacoby, walker don't matter he putting in work. Respect to him.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
If Dak was 18 feet tall, that would've been what he saw also. Now, bring the camera down to Dak's shoulder level and see what Dak was looking at.
You mean with all the linemen directly in front of him bent over or on the ground? He had no reason not to see everything.

Polkton31

Reaction score
You mean with all the linemen directly in front of him bent over or on the ground? He had no reason not to see everything.
I mean with the pile of 5-6 linemen battling in front of him. As far as being bent over, those linemen didn't line up in those positions and stand like that throughout the play. They just happened to be in that position for that frame.
It still doesn't change the fact that the camera was probably at least 12 feet above Dak's head. If Dak had the advantage of that view during the play, I'm sure he would have seen Ferguson.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I mean with the pile of 5-6 linemen battling in front of him. As far as being bent over, those linemen didn't line up in those positions and stand like that throughout the play. They just happened to be in that position for that frame.
It still doesn't change the fact that the camera was probably at least 12 feet above Dak's head. If Dak had the advantage of that view during the play, I'm sure he would have seen Ferguson.
Dak knew the defensive alignment & the route tree. If anything, he should have been loading to fire there the instant he received the ball. I just don't see any excuses for not firing this TD.

Status
Not open for further replies.