Thompson received a pretty healthy signing bonus for a no-name player

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Let's all hope for everyone's sanity that Thompson gets cut so we don't have to listen to the OP's baffonery each week on the subject.

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
I think Thompson should make the team. Him and Austin are the only speed we have on the outside

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
I am sick and tired of hearing this fanbase wanting to get rid of TWill each year. The guy can play, he makes some nice plays at times, and is not a idiot like some of these players on this team. So what if he messes up every once and awhile or body catches. :rolleyes:

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
I am sick and tired of hearing this fanbase wanting to get rid of TWill each year. The guy can play, he makes some nice plays at times, and is not a idiot like some of these players on this team. So what if he messes up every once and awhile or body catches. :rolleyes:

He's relatively cheap too. You can say that he's not that great, and you'd probably be right based on his production, but he's not costing us an arm and a leg.

Put it to you this way: Dez made 4x as much as him last year, but did we get 4x the production?

Verdict

Reaction score
Let's all hope for everyone's sanity that Thompson gets cut so we don't have to listen to the OP's baffonery each week on the subject.

Ahhh. Hurling insults as usual I see!

You are not doing a good job as Dez' agent. He still doesn't have a job or that raise you have been promising!! Ha ha.

Verdict

Reaction score
He's relatively cheap too. You can say that he's not that great, and you'd probably be right based on his production, but he's not costing us an arm and a leg.

Put it to you this way: Dez made 4x as much as him last year, but did we get 4x the production?

Yeah. Dez paid zero dividends on a huge contract.

TWill has paid almost nothing as a rate of return either.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I fully realize the difference in guaranteed salary and SB between TWill and Thompson. Based only on contract TWill would get the nod over Thompson. I get that.

But they weren't both signed this offseason. TWill was part of the underperforming group last year while Thompson was not.

The way things are shaping up it seeems as though the locks are:

Hurns
Beasley
Gallup
Austin

That leaves the following on the bubble:

Thompson
Lenoir
TWill
Anyone else who is in the mix

I don't think they will keep 7 receivers unless TWill gets suspended before the season starts (which the league doesn't seem inclined to help us with).

We will likely keep at least 5 receivers so at least one of these guys is going to make it. One of the bottom 3 isn't going to make the cut and possibly two.

I think that Williams is playing for his roster spot and I personally don't think it is as solid as you do. TWill may well play his way into keeping his spot, but I really think he is in serious danger of being cut.
Lenoir seems to be the fall guy.
FO was caught unawares?

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Almost 80 career receptions and good speed.

1 mill is a nothing SB to take a shot at a guy. About what you give a 3rd round pick.

Teams should take several shots like this a year. It is nothing money and if you hit on 20%, you look like a genius

Verdict

Reaction score

He's not an idiot? Lol. Uhhhhh. Ok!!

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
TWill is a dime a dozen type of reciever and brings nothing special on gameday. Cut him immediately if any other shows something before week one.

I don't care if Dak likes him or whatever. Aside from the rare great play, he seems pretty immature(and not intelligent) enough to be counted on. He is easily replaceable IMO :thumbup:

Buzzbait

Reaction score
To me, Lance Lenoir is having the success in TC to make it quite unlikely for the staff to let him go.

If he keeps it up, he could even be a lock. It'd be tough letting a WR like Deonte go but it happens.
Last time we let a guy like Lenoir go, he went to NE, his name was Danny Amendola! They better hang on to Lenoir.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
I don't think they will keep 7 receivers unless TWill gets suspended before the season starts (which the league doesn't seem inclined to help us with).

They are not keeping 7 receivers. That would be unprecedented. And yes, Austin is a receiver, regardless of what Jerry says (or Madden 19 for that matter!).

Hurns, Beasley, Gallup and Austin are locks. TWill is also a lock, not because of the dead money they’d incur by cutting him but because he’s a decent player and has a rapport with Dak.

That leaves one more receiver, and that guy is probably Lenoir. Thompson became expendable as soon as Austin was signed and Noah just can’t get on the field.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Get rid of TWill. Don’t pay DLaw because he has to prove it.

No respect for the 2 players who made the biggest plays in our 1 playoff win this decade.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
TWill is a dime a dozen type of reciever and brings nothing special on gameday. Cut him immediately if any other shows something before week one.

I don't care if Dak likes him or whatever. Aside from the rare great play, he seems pretty immature(and not intelligent) enough to be counted on. He is easily replaceable IMO :thumbup:
TWill is comically underrated and he makes a lot more than a few dimes

His 3.5m is guaranteed and he isn't going anywhere

Lenoir has a much much longer road to a roster spot

LOL at Thompson's 1m SB as being "pretty healthy"