Time for the Romo haters to admit they were wrong

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Bad throw to witten. I've seen Witten do that numerous times as well but the ball has got to be out in front. The Street int I need to go back and look at but in real time I thought tony should've got the ball to street sooner instead of leading street right into the safety creating a big hit opportunity. Lack of execution in the red zone. Most of his mistakes were flukey and easily correctable imo. When the chips were down he made the plays to win the game at the end and nobody was more ecstatic than I was. I just try to be completely objective no matter win or loss.

Who is not being objective? That int throw to Witten was all Romo's fault. All elite QB's make mistakes usually every game although alot of times they don't manifest into turnovers. What's embarrassing about the haters is that they focus mostly on the mistakes and give barely a token of recognition, if at all, to his accomplishments. They out themselves as either ignorant or haters when they do this.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Who is not being objective? That int throw to Witten was all Romo's fault. All elite QB's make mistakes usually every game although alot of times they don't manifest into turnovers. What's embarrassing about the haters is that they focus mostly on the mistakes and give barely a token of recognition, if at all, to his accomplishments. They out themselves as either ignorant or haters when they do this.

and nothing you say or do will change this so these "call out" threads never end well. now you're just kinda dancing around going WAH THEY STILL HATE!!!

OF WHICH is what i said would happen anyway.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
and nothing you say or do will change this so these "call out" threads never end well. now you're just kinda dancing around going WAH THEY STILL HATE!!!

OF WHICH is what i said would happen anyway.

I disagree as there have been a few who were man enough to admit they were wrong in this thread.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
I disagree as there have been a few who were man enough to admit they were wrong in this thread.

and i said some will do this, but likley already have. it's not like anyone in this thread has said "you know, this call out has changed my mind" but more that romo has eventually changed it for them. yet you still and will ALWAYS have the haters regardless of how many times you see romo do something good and you run back in here as if it's the holy nugget to make the haters stop hating.

never gonna happen but have fun with your windmill.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bad throw to witten. I've seen Witten do that numerous times as well but the ball has got to be out in front. The Street int I need to go back and look at but in real time I thought tony should've got the ball to street sooner instead of leading street right into the safety creating a big hit opportunity. Lack of execution in the red zone. Most of his mistakes were flukey and easily correctable imo. When the chips were down he made the plays to win the game at the end and nobody was more ecstatic than I was. I just try to be completely objective no matter win or loss.
Romo's pass was behind Witten but Witten created the interception by tipping the ball up. The defense would not have intercepted the ball if it had not been tipped.

The pass to Street was good enough for a completion. The defense delivered a hard enough hit to dislodge the ball. Wide receivers are paid to take those hits and hold onto the ball.

I'm curious about Romo's "flukey and easily correctable" mistakes during the game.

TrailBlazer

Reaction score
Romo's pass was behind Witten but Witten created the interception by tipping the ball up. The defense would not have intercepted the ball if it had not been tipped.

The pass to Street was good enough for a completion. The defense delivered a hard enough hit to dislodge the ball. Wide receivers are paid to take those hits and hold onto the ball.

I'm curious about Romo's "flukey and easily correctable" mistakes during the game.

The 2 picks were flukey as I explained already.

The pass to witten was poor and lead to a pick. You cannot put that all on witten. If witten doesn't tip that ball it still probably gets intercepted bc it was just a bad throw behind the intended target(it was a 5 yard throw). This is why these call out threads are made. No matter which side of the debate you're on. You can't even admit when romo makes a bad fluke play. He's a top 4 qb in this league and he plays for my favorite team. But I will let you know when he makes a mistake just like i will let you know when he makes a brilliant play. Thats called being objective. I'm not searching for excuses like "witten created that pick by attempting to catch a bad pass".. just stop.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
and i said some will do this, but likley already have. it's not like anyone in this thread has said "you know, this call out has changed my mind" but more that romo has eventually changed it for them. yet you still and will ALWAYS have the haters regardless of how many times you see romo do something good and you run back in here as if it's the holy nugget to make the haters stop hating.

never gonna happen but have fun with your windmill.

Ok I agree I will never change your mind.

HellCrowe

Reaction score
I don't think i was ever wrong about Romo because the guy was always running for his life. Did i think he was scared for a while? Yes, and I'm sure he was. Who wouldnt after getting hit and injured like he did. It just goes to show his toughness after all that adversity. Now with our solid oline he doesn't need to dance around the whole like he use to do. I hope our "run game" proves to get better so we still have that strength in our game we can go back to.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The 2 picks were flukey as I explained already.

The pass to witten was poor and lead to a pick. You cannot put that all on witten. If witten doesn't tip that ball it still probably gets intercepted bc it was just a bad throw behind the intended target(it was a 5 yard throw). This is why these call out threads are made. No matter which side of the debate you're on. You can't even admit when romo makes a bad fluke play. He's a top 4 qb in this league and he plays for my favorite team. But I will let you know when he makes a mistake just like i will let you know when he makes a brilliant play. Thats called being objective. I'm not searching for excuses like "witten created that pick by attempting to catch a bad pass".. just stop.
Flukey is rare or occasional. In my opinion, "flukey" is a Romo pass behind Witten that catches his heel and richochets into the air for the defense to catch. I still have that example saved in my Photobucket account but I can't get to it through this office computer network connection. :( I may post it later through my iPhone. Regardless, quarterbacks throw passes behind receivers all the time. Occasionally, receivers will attempt to catch those passes. That's what happen with Witten. Yes, I put it all on Witten.

lol. I can't admit when Romo makes a bad fluke play. :)

Years ago, following a Dallas/Detriot game, I posted an extensive post outlining interceptions Romo was blameless for throwing and the interceptions he was responsible for committing. I provided video evidence with an embedded instructional clip of how a receiver should properly run a slant. Some parts of the video was intentionally created in slo-mo for goodness sakes!

Some of the reaction?

Irrational dialogue. That's when I realized on Cowboyszone, sometimes you must let people spout nonsense all day long because... they really believe what they're talking about.

EDIT: oh what the heck. I'm goofing off anyway.

http://s356.***BLOCKED***/component/Download-File?file=%2Falbums%2Foo4%2FDallasEast1701%2FGeneral+Gifs%2FWitten.gif
LMAO! I forgot Witten reached for that pass too!

Last edited:

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Romo is top 5 qb. But in fairness, he dug the team out of a hole he helped create Sunday night. I don't have an issue with anyone who criticized Tony in the past. After all the blown leads and improbable defeats. You'd have to be a little fanboy not to criticize the franchise and the most important piece, the QB.

I would certainly hope you didn't have an issue, because you're another one who simply would have to find the nearest mirror.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You also have blatantly said we will never win a championship with romo. So have you backed off of that stance, or do you not have any hope for this season?

I no longer believe the Cowboys can't win a championship with Romo because the last couple of years he's turned into a clutch QB it's the defense that will keep the team from winning a championship with him. The biggest criticisms I've had of Romo have been his ill-timed turnovers, poor decision making and his less than stellar performances in elimination games. It's those criticisms that have caused some to think I hate him and don't support him. A few here never come around when I point out all the good with Romo or defend him like I did in that thread from over 2 1/2 years ago because they have agendas. Those FANS steer clear when I talk about how good a QB Romo is and that the Cowboys have no chance without him because that doesn't fit with their KJJ hates Romo agenda. Romo looked terrific in the playoffs last season pulling out the Lions game in the end. He was very good against Green Bay playing turnover free football and although I didn't like his decision to go to Dez on a 50-50- jump ball with over 4 minutes to play on a manageable 4th and 2 play he made a nice throw but the catch was reversed. Based on what I've seen of Romo the past 2 seasons I believe in him but if the Cowboys are forced to revert back to him having to carry the team like we saw Sunday night his turnovers will increase and we're going to start seeing mistakes we didn't see last season plus his health may not hold up.

No QB can win games by themselves every week it's going to catch up with all of them at some point. Losing Scandrick prior to the season and now with the loss of Dez for maybe up to 8 weeks and Gregory gone for maybe 6 weeks the Cowboys and Romo are going to have their work cut out for them. I still have serious questions about the defense that was unable to stop the Giants from driving the length of the field in the final minutes Sunday night. It took a huge mistake by NY with clock management for the Cowboys to have a chance of winning that game. Looking at the Cowboys right now I would take my chances with 10-6 and hope that's good enough to make the playoffs. They'll be facing some tough games with the Pats and Seahawks the next few weeks those are going to be very difficult games to win without Dez, a pass rush or a solid rushing attack. We'll just have to see if they can hang in until we get Dez and Gregory back and add Hardy to the mix. We just have to hope there's no more significant injuries because with no Murray, Dez or Scandrick this isn't the same Cowboys team that won 12 games last season.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
No, I meant I won't change some haters beliefs.

if you're referring to me stop. i dig romo and hate the haters. just kinda pointless to call them out after a good game and not expect an IN YOUR FACE in the eventuality he has a bad one later this year.

just like a circle of stupid to be honest.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
if you're referring to me stop. i dig romo and hate the haters. just kinda pointless to call them out after a good game and not expect an IN YOUR FACE in the eventuality he has a bad one later this year.

just like a circle of stupid to be honest.

No one asked you to ride in to this thread on your high horse. You did willingly and apparently eagerly.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
No one asked you to ride in to this thread on your high horse. You did willingly and apparently eagerly.

yep. and just how high was your horse that you could call out all the haters? but this is more than enough at this point. carry on and giggle at the hate.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
A thread calling out Romo haters would only be appropriate after a Cowboys SB win not with 15 games left in the regular season. Some here need to stop living in the moment and allow the season to play out.

cej757

Reaction score
All the Danny White Haters need to admit they were wrong also. He did get us to a couple of NFC Championship games doggone it .:angry:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
All the Danny White Haters need to admit they were wrong also. He did get us to a couple of NFC Championship games doggone it .:angry:

He actually got the Cowboys to 3 straight NFC Championship games.