TO Forced to Apologize to Eagles & Teammates...*merge*

Portland Fanatic

Reaction score
Remember a few months back when folks were saying they'd take TO for his talent.....I got hammered for saying I would NEVER take TO...even if he played for free.

This is why??? He's a cancer to the ENTIRE NFL...not just the Iggles. I hope he gets canned and NOONE picks his sorry arse up!

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Well, it sounds like TO got told to say sorry or else.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Portland Fanatic said:
Remember a few months back when folks were saying they'd take TO for his talent.....I got hammered for saying I would NEVER take TO...even if he played for free.

Some folks just can't see past fantasy statistics.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Sal Pal mentioned the Philly fans were highly ticked over TO and the MI jersey caper (among other things).

Funny stuff!

Portland Fanatic

Reaction score
abersonc said:
Some folks just can't see past fantasy statistics.

I've never seen an NFL player cause this much distraction...ever. Not only to his team, but the media...day in and day out. Go to the NBA.........be gone!

Spurs21Cowboys22

Reaction score
It happened to the Twolves with Spree/Cassell last season and now its happening to the Eagles with TO and (to a lesser degree) Westbrook. Chemistry is just as important as talent. Without one or the other, the team will flop.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
abersonc said:
Well, it sounds like TO got told to say sorry or else.
Oh yeah. The terse statement was one thing; the way he flounced off the pc set another.

Pure soap opera.

Portland Fanatic

Reaction score
Spurs21Cowboys22 said:
It happened to the Twolves with Spree/Cassell last season and now its happening to the Eagles with TO and (to a lesser degree) Westbrook. Chemistry is just as important as talent. Without one or the other, the team will flop.

The NFL has been the class of Pro sports....this idiot is becoming a black eye...all by himself. Ban him I say!!!

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Portland Fanatic said:
I've never seen an NFL player cause this much distraction...ever. Not only to his team, but the media...day in and day out. Go to the NBA.........be gone!
Were you not a Cowboys fan in the mid-late 90's when Irvin pulled all of his crap?

Cocaine, hookers, marijuana, wearing his fur coat to court.
The Cowboys ***** house.

He was our cancer back then.

The prank with the fake rape was the last straw, and everyone believed it because of all the stuff he had been caught doing.

That cost us in the playoffs that year.

We had just creamed the Vikings and looked invincible, then we lost, to Carolina I think, not sure.

Ashwynn

Reaction score
Portland Fanatic said:

Guess you weren't around for the Michael Irvin saga here in Dallas. How we won with all the distractions he caused off the field, I will never know. He was not this bad and it was not anamosity towards his team, but he created many a worried night in the cowboy nation.

I have never liked TO and would glady proclaim myself his biggest detractor. I think him and Philly was a marrage made in heaven. Couldn't have happened to two nicer parties. Lets see what team next he gets to tear apart next season. I am sure it will NOT be Dallas.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
SilverStarCowboy said:
Make a TO rule.
Oh Come On!!! They can't make a rule over the actions of a single player.

Well...not unless he is a Cowboy :rolleyes:

Portland Fanatic

Reaction score
WV Cowboy said:
Were you not a Cowboys fan in the mid-late 90's when Irvin pulled all of his crap?

Cocaine, hookers, marijuana, wearing his fur coat to court.
The Cowboys ***** house.

He was our cancer back then.

The prank with the fake rape was the last straw, and everyone believed it because of all the stuff he had been caught doing.

We had just creamed the Vikings and looked invincible, then we lost, to Carolina I think, not sure.

Oh yes I was...here and a fan of course..........

MAJOR Difference...........
TO is 100% Me first....Irvin was not that. HE was a team player..........huge difference with team dynamics...huge!

Absolutely can not compare the two..........

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
I just come from Philadelphiaeagles.com -- T.O. is a little stiff, but he's going to play on Sunday.

No suspension; he apologized for his comments on ESPN.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Portland Fanatic said:
Oh yes I was...here and a fan of course..........

MAJOR Difference...........
TO is 100% Me first....Irvin was not that. HE was a team player..........huge difference with team dynamics...huge!

Absolutely can not compare the two..........
You are a homer, but I love it !

He was suspended for drug use, that hurt the team.

Irvin was a cancer.

I am sure there were issues with him in the locker-room too, especially with the guys that weren't doing the things that the media, America and the NFL in general were accusing ALL of the Cowboys of doing.

His actions were selfish.

That whole mess hurt the Dallas Cowboys image as well.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
...Following Friday's practice, head coach Andy Reid would not comment on remarks made by outspoken receiver Terrell Owens Thursday night in which the player was critical of both quarterback Donovan McNabb and the organization. Instead, Reid said he will handle things in-house.

Shortly after Reid finished addressing the media, Owens himself walked to the podium and read a three-sentence statement.

"I've had an opportunity to talk with the Eagles organization and I have learned that the team does not recognize individual achievements. "It has been brought to my attention that I have offended the organization and my teammates. Therefore, I would like to apologize for any derogatory comments toward them."

CoCo

Reaction score
WV Cowboy said:

We may have looked invincible on that day vs the Vikings but we were far from it.

It took a lot to bring that dynasty back to earth but ultimately there indeed were a ton of factors that combined to do just that. Talent defections, injuries, in-fighting, drugs, allegations, suspensions etc. It was absolutely unbelievable.

I just remember watching Aikman trying to bring the team back against Carolina without an effective Emmitt (remember the couple years where his ankles slowed him), Irvin in street clothes (broken collarbone), Novacek in retirement, Harper off to Tampa. In their place Aikman was throwing to Kevin Williams, Billy Davis & Eric Bjornson. We had little chance on the field much less the off field issues. Cowboy haters LOVED that day.

DBoys

Reaction score
WV Cowboy said:
You are a homer, but I love it !

He was suspended for drug use, that hurt the team.

Irvin was a cancer.

I am sure there were issues with him in the locker-room too, especially with the guys that weren't doing the things that the media, America and the NFL in general were accusing ALL of the Cowboys of doing.

That whole mess hurt the Dallas Cowboys image as well.

Irvin was worse hands down.