Trade Parsons

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Even some of the strange ones are emotional about the team. Their emotions show how strange they really are when they believe the league is fixed and everything is bent against the Cowboys. There is fans that actually believe the Cowboys haven’t won a championship in almost 30 years because of a bias against them. :rolleyes:
Propaganda, I don’t know how they live by it. Nobody’s out to get us but ourselves.

Flamma

Reaction score
Improbable at best. And in Parsons case it will never happen. The reasons the Cowboys have for not wanting to retain him would be the same reasons no team would want to acquire him, plus they’d have to pay him substantially more than Cowboys do now. His poor performance in these first three games in conjunction with his looming salary demands make him un-tradable, if you’re being honest.
We gave up 274 yards on the ground to Baltimore. Another 190 to the Saints. No pass rusher is going to have success when that happens. The offense won't provide the opportunities. No one is piling up sacks when you can't stop the run.

Flamma

Reaction score
I started the thread with the answer. Trade Parsons! Try and add some pieces on the DL and at RB.
At this point it's as good a plan as any. If we can't stop the run he's being wasted here. But I think the Jones boys are going to pay him. They believe in their process, and have said as much.

Chasing6

Reaction score
We gave up 274 yards on the ground to Baltimore. Another 190 to the Saints. No pass rusher is going to have success when that happens. The offense won't provide the opportunities. No one is piling up sacks when you can't stop the run.
I would strongly consider trading Parsons before the trade deadline. It could create a bidding war for a playoff run.

If we wait and he finishes this year with 6 sacks, his trade value could impacted.

Flamma

Reaction score
I would strongly consider trading Parsons before the trade deadline. It could create a bidding war for a playoff run.

If we wait and he finishes this year with 6 sacks, his trade value could impacted.
But they have no desire to do that. You heard it from the horse's mouth himself, they believe in their process. Build through the draft, and pay your own players.

Chasing6

Reaction score
But they have no desire to do that. You heard it from the horse's mouth himself, they believe in their process. Build through the draft, and pay your own players.
I know they have no desire. We have the dumbest FO in the league.

Our "GM" will pay Micah $45M right before the season starts after he gets 4 sacks against the Giants and 4 sacks against the Commanders.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I said trade Parsons, Lambs and Dak 2 years ago. Load up on draft picks and avoid these massive, record breaking contracts. Football is a TEAM sport and with all these huge deals, you are left with unproven, undrafted rookies. Not to mention, this team has not even gotten to a NFC Conference game WITH these players, so why reward them?
I would never trade all three of them. Loading up on draft picks doesn’t guarantee anything. It can take several draft picks over a period of years just trying to find a QB. I’m looking to trade the player that hasn’t been a difference maker for our defense. I wouldn’t have traded him two years ago. Things are different now he’s not making the impact he did earlier in his career and our defense is historically bad. We some need players upfront. Stopping the run all starts there. We also need a running game and we don’t have the back.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
At this point it's as good a plan as any. If we can't stop the run he's being wasted here. But I think the Jones boys are going to pay him. They believe in their process, and have said as much.
If they already paid Dak and CD, they will most likely sign Parsons, too. It was always going to be all 3 of them to have the core signed, or get rid of all 3. No real middle ground. Parsons is a fan favorite, high in jersey sales league wide and drafted by us. This front office loves their own guys and overpays for them. Hence why we are stuck in the never ending cycle of mediocrity.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
If they already paid Dak and CD, they will most likely sign Parsons, too. It was always going to be all 3 of them to have the core signed, or get rid of all 3. No real middle ground. Parsons is a fan favorite, high in jersey sales league wide and drafted by us. This front office loves their own guys and overpays for them. Hence why we are stuck in the never ending cycle of mediocrity.
yup if Parsons was smart he would force his way out..but money talks....

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
My girls are great hockey players, and we just came from a Hockey Tournament in Niagara Falls this weekend. We lost games by 10-2 and 7-0 on the same day. Let me tell you, they aren't paid millions but the defeat in their eyes was evident after this weekend. Micah looks defeated and hopeless, and mark my words that if we trade him, we will be sorry

Chasing6

Reaction score
I would never trade all three of them. Loading up on draft picks doesn’t guarantee anything. It can take several draft picks over a period of years just trying to find a QB. I’m looking to trade the player that hasn’t been a difference maker for our defense. I wouldn’t have traded him two years ago. Things are different now he’s not making the impact he did earlier in his career and our defense is historically bad. We some need players upfront. Stopping the run all starts there. We also need a running game and we don’t have the back.
It guarantees a lot of draft picks and a lot of cap space. That is the combination you need team. properly rebuild a complimentary football team.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
People always forget how bad the Jones are at trades.

Let's say it was a realistic opportunity. What are some of your trade proposals?

Blackspider214

Reaction score
yup if Parsons was smart he would force his way out..but money talks....
Yeah no way he wants out. Dallas Cowboys is probably the biggest brand in all of sports worldwide. Your popularity rises just because of that alone. One of the only teams that don't need to win at all to be polarizing. Look at the Patriots, they are about as irrelevant as can be once they stopped winning.

Parsons knows this front office wants to keep him and will use that as leverage. He also knows there is no real accountability here at all so he can collect huge checks with no real production aside from the handful of games against lesser teams. And for some reason, so many keep calling him one of the best in the league, even though he disappears quite often.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
It guarantees a lot of draft picks and a lot of cap space. That is the combination you need team. properly rebuild a complimentary football team.
You do realize the Jones family is the front office, right? We overpay for players we want and get pennies for the dollar for players other teams want from us. Should be a fireable offense to only get what we got for Cooper, considering all other WRs were getting 1st round picks and sometimes multiple 1sts. We got nothing for him.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The recipe for success certainly isn’t tearing down your entire team starting with your QB, top WR and best defensive player. That’s a recipe for having top 10 picks year after year and they don’t guarantee anything. You have to keep some quality pieces to have any chance. If you don’t have a quality QB, you’ll be burning most of those picks trying to find one.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
The recipe for success certainly isn’t tearing down your entire team starting with your QB, top WR and best defensive player. That’s a recipe for having top 10 picks year after year and they don’t guarantee anything. You have to keep some quality pieces to have any chance. If you don’t have a quality QB, you’ll be burning most of those picks trying to find one.
but KJJ no team can pay their QB WR and build a winning team...ooh wait...

Chasing6

Reaction score
My girls are great hockey players, and we just came from a Hockey Tournament in Niagara Falls this weekend. We lost games by 10-2 and 7-0 on the same day. Let me tell you, they aren't paid millions but the defeat in their eyes was evident after this weekend. Micah looks defeated and hopeless, and mark my words that if we trade him, we will be sorry
Why would we be sorry. No matter what success he has on another team does not mean he would have had that success in Dallas.

If your opponent only needs to throw the ball 12-15 times a game to win Micah is a complete waste of money on this team. Absolutely no way he can be effective this way.

He is also pretty much none existent in the run game.

If you can get 2 number 1's and save $40M+ and your "GM" can't figure out how to take advantage of that you have a much bigger problem. With 2 numbers 1's and $40M that should translate to at least 4 starters. You could rebuild the entire DLine.

Chasing6

Reaction score
The recipe of success is nothing close to what our "GM" has been doing for almost 30 years.