Video: Troy Aikman on accuracy: You either have it or you don't

Sinister

Reaction score
You can't learn accuracy. And don't tell me it's correctable with proper footwork technique.....Dak can't even hang with The Clapping Carrot or David Carr in relaxed throwing competitions.

Of course you can learn accuracy, what are you talking about, I just don't understand a post like this. Can Dak learn accuracy? I don't know, but saying he will never be accurate as if it is something you were born with is just craziness.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Yet Dak has beaten their GOD WENTZ for the division title 2/3 years...while Wentz's backup is showing everyone how overrated he is...

If I was Troy, I would ****...stick to calling games between your favorite QBs Wentz and Goff Troy...everytime during the game he tried to talk **** about Winston or Prescott they both made his *** look silly.

You mad bro?

ClintDagger

Reaction score
Troy has also been laudatory of Dak in the past. Troy runs hot and cold.
He usually is very critical of Dak nationally, then walks it back when he’s doing something local like his weekly ticket appearance. I think his true opinion is that Dak is not a franchise QB, but he realizes what his opinion carries in DFW and eases back so that he’s doesn’t hurt Dak.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Of course you can learn accuracy, what are you talking about, I just don't understand a post like this. Can Dak learn accuracy? I don't know, but saying he will never be accurate as if it is something you were born with is just craziness.
I think that's what Troy said.

Mannix

Reaction score
-------Of course you can learn accuracy, what are you talking about, I just don't understand a post like this.

The guy is not suddenly going to be accurate, anymore than a major league pitcher is suddenly going to add 10 mph to his fastball. It's inherent.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
All social media is toxic.
Why because some of is don't rah rah over everything?

Nobody is forcing you here

Lol.. rah rah over everything? Try *****, WHINE and NAG over everything. We just won 6 of 7 and locked the NFCE. Yes, there is a middle ground. We can play better, QB can play better, coaches can do better, there is room for criticism but this doesn't need to be a suicide, funeral, trollfest at same time. Some of us aren't about to commit suicide and actually enjoy rooting for The Dallas Cowboys as recreation.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I have never seen an inaccurate QB in the NFL suddenly become accurate.

This is not a "scheming the receiver open" thing.

He misses open receivers too often.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
-------Of course you can learn accuracy, what are you talking about, I just don't understand a post like this.

The guy is not suddenly going to be accurate, anymore than a major league pitcher is suddenly going to add 10 mph to his fastball. It's inherent.

The pro dak crowd would say that he is still young and will get better with experience, or that he would get better with good coaching. But if that were true, then it would be true for all rookie quarterbacks who come into the league. Dak does have a lot of good qualities, but the last two years there haven't been any wow moments like there was in year 1. I tend to think that if a player is good, that he will make a play every once in awhile that will awe you. Has Dak Awed since 2016?