Video: Troy Aikman on accuracy: You either have it or you don't

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Not necessarily but quite a few regulars here are philly fan trolls. Just assumed you might be. You offered a solution. The best one I could think of is you deleting your account? CZ is a horrific toxic place if you root for the Dallas Cowboys. That's all I know. Perhaps I'm here for the 10% of quality content that exists here.

Well negative views have their time and place. I mean there is nothing more that I hate than a Negative fan saying their thing during the actual game, since that is the time you have hope and don't want to here it. But then there is a time when fans talk about their team after the game, and I tend to like realist more than people who are stuck in lala land. When the team deserve it, praise. But when there are things very wrong with your team, then there is a time to be real about it and discuss it with the other fans who aren't stuck in lala land. And I'm not talking about the Haters here, when I talk about the Realist fan. A realist fan can change their opinion. Like say for instance that they thought that Jaylon Smith was a bad draft pick or that They wouldn't have drafted Zeek, A realist would change their opinion of those players when they prove to be good. The same is true for Dak. I had thought that he was the franchise guy in 2016 and could be a better quarterback than Romo was. Then 2017 happened and players on other teams were chattering that their team had figured out Dak and then dared him to throw it deep. I want Dak to get back to how he was in 2016, but then I have to be honest with myself and ask myself, do quarterback generally get more accurate over time. I mean, can anyone here name someone who was a horribly inaccurate passer who became accurate? That's the difference between a Hater and a Realist. Hate has no logic behind it. The realist bases their opinion on what they see as logic.

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
After watching this game, I honestly do not know how anyone could be OK with Dak, Linegan, this OL, and Garrett.

Linehan once again called bologna calls. Once again in a long string of once agains, Dak misses wide open receivers, chooses NOT to throw to wide open receivers in the middle of the field, holds the ball too long, steps backwards under slight pressure into rushing ends, and leads his offense to anemic results against one of the worst defenses in the league. As Troy said, I don't know how anyone can feel real good right now at the end of the game. I sure as hell don't. Dak does NOT have IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This offensive performance in the playoffs is NOT going to get it done. Period. Again, this was at home against a terrible defense. Tampa before this game gave up 11 TD's on 11 goal to go opportunities. Dallas gets a first down at the 3 and settles for a FG. First time all year this happened. Dallas offense is horrible. Linegan sucks and so does Dak. The OL sucks too. Tyron Smith is a joke now. He COMPLETELY did not deserve making the PB. He has 10 freaking penalties wuth 6 of them holding. Garbage.

The defense got screwed on 4 plays by HORRIBLE refs. I am sick and tired of the refs. They suck.

shabazz

Reaction score
McNabb was career 59% passer yet he had a very successful career playing with average receivers most of his career. What McNabb had was much better coaches to help him. His QB coach was Doug Pederson and his OC/HC was Fatboy Andy. Much better coaches than Moore and JG/Linehan.

And yet with all that knowledge and experiences McFlab didn’t realize that an NFl game could end in a tie

shabazz

Reaction score
I thought about what he said after he said it. Bradshaw, too.

If you have it, then how do you know you can't get it if you don't have it? Troy can't possibly mean that his accuracy didn't improve over time.

Last week, it was 'Dak doesn't have the touch to throw a fade.', yet he had plenty of touch on that fade to Gallup today.

.........And a broken clock is still right 2 times a day

starcity214

Reaction score
I don't get some of the people claiming Aikman is backing their idea that Dak is a backup level QB. Both Troy and Jimmy Johnson say you can win with Dak (funny how the people who love Jimmy don't mention that). Both guys say Dak has periods where he is inconsistent, which his supporters say all the time.

The discussion is whether Dak can develop Troy Aikman/Aaron Rodgers type accuracy and that is what Troy is saying won't happen. I don't think anyone here has claimed he will. Russell Wilson doesn't have that kind of accuracy but he is a good QB, Rivers also.

I think some people didn't watch the clip or just heard what they wanted to hear.

Troy is being as "politically correct" as possible because at the end of the day, he can't come out and flat out say Dak is terrible...

If you watch the games, you can see Troy take subtle shots at Dak throughout the broadcast..

No doubt in my mind he doesn't think Dak is a franchise type QB..

I only hope he manages to convince Jerrah somehow.

LovinItAll

Reaction score
.........And a broken clock is still right 2 times a day

I know. It's awful that all Dak does is win. Aikman was 1-1 in the playoffs after 3 seasons. Let's see where Dak is after these playoffs.

Kaiser

Reaction score
If you watch the games, you can see Troy take subtle shots at Dak throughout the broadcast..

No doubt in my mind he doesn't think Dak is a franchise type QB..

IMO, yes and no. Troy's job is to take those jabs at QBs and as one of the best to ever play the game he certainly has the standing to do so.

In terms of a franchise QB, it depends on what you mean. Troy says you can win with Dak and I completely agree, he has a 31-16 record as a starter.

If "franchise QB" means an Aaron Rodgers type, he definitely isn't. But he is young and could still become a Steve McNair type. McNair took almost five years to develop into the player we remember him as.

Maverick84

Reaction score
No it is. I'm a life long Cowboys fan since about 1981 so I'm here. Call me a gluten for punishment visiting CZ after clinching the division. This place feels like an 8-8 Romo year flaming out after a win or go home game. The trolling, hate and ignorance CONSISTENTLY on display here is down right pathetic.
did you know that there is an entire diet dedicated to avoiding you?

Maverick84

Reaction score
Aikman is a washed up hater who has hated on the Cowboys ever since he probably had an affair/falling out with Skip Bayless.

Or whatever .

Who cares what that fruitcake Aikaman thinks?
giphy.gif

Bleedblue1111

Reaction score
as much I as I hate bradshaw he made some very good points before the game when he talked about Prescott.
I started ignoring that clown as soon as he said Zeke was a no show in Indy. As I recall, Zeke was about the only one that showed up ready to play that day.