Video: Troy Aikman on accuracy: You either have it or you don't

Maverick84

Reaction score
Lol.. rah rah over everything? Try *****, WHINE and NAG over everything. We just won 6 of 7 and locked the NFCE. Yes, there is a middle ground. We can play better, QB can play better, coaches can do better, there is room for criticism but this doesn't need to be a suicide, funeral, trollfest at same time. Some of us aren't about to commit suicide and actually enjoy rooting for The Dallas Cowboys as recreation.
giphy.gif

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I've been trying to not critique Troy because he's one of my all time favorite Cowboys, but I can't stay quiet anymore. He's right to a certain extent, but he's also wrong in other ways. This stuff about "either you are accurate as a passer coming into the league... or you're not" is a bunch of bull. Any QB can improve on their accuracy if they work hard at it and consistently.

Hey, Troy, how did your accuracy help you out your last 3-4 years with the Cowboys when that Great Wall Oline was depleted, Novacek had retired, Irvin was forced to retire due to injury, Harper left via free agency, and you couldn't "lead" the team to the playoffs anymore? You know, like when you were constantly getting concussed due to having two left feet and unable to scramble away from incoming blitzers? Where was your accuracy then? Easy to talk about "accuracy" when you have the best Oline in franchise history, plus some of the very best receiving weapons in franchise history, alongside with the best RB in NFL history. But when you lost most of your Oline, plus your top receiving weapons, where was your "you either have it or not" accuracy?

Wow, Troy, you sound bad. Where was the "it factor" your last 4 years? How about your first 2-3 years? Why didn't your "accuracy" help you then?

Jerry Jones gets "it", Troy. You don't. Thanks a lot for the indirect Jerry and Dak bashings. :facepalm:

Last edited:

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Dialed up 2 nice throws to Gallup today. Defenses are keeping him always in the pocket and are not letting him step up into it either. This is the least desirable circumstances for Dak and it affects his game. He has to develop and understand how to use what's being given by the defense so they have to adjust. Then he can get out a bit more and change things up.

He's still young and we have no choice but to see how Dak is going to add to his skill set as a QB. I see Russell Wilson now and it was a similar scenario his first 3 seasons. But he's darn good now. 2 different QB's but an example of how development can/will happen. Remember, Wilson didn't exactly have this so called "high ceiling" either. Dak's looking better than Goff right now, Wentz too.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
I've been trying to not critique Troy because he's one of my all time favorite Cowboys, but I can't stay quiet anymore. He's right to a certain extent, but he's also wrong in other ways. This stuff about "either you are accurate as a passer coming into the league... or you're not" is a bunch of bull. Any QB can improve on their accuracy if they work hard at it and consistently.

Hey, Troy, how did your accuracy help you out your last 3-4 years with the Cowboys when that Great Wall Oline was depleted, Novacek had retired, Irvin was forced to retire due to injury, Harper left via free agency, and you couldn't "lead" the team to the playoffs anymore? You know, like when you were constantly getting concussed due to having two left feet and unable to scramble away from incoming blitzers? Where was your accuracy then? Easy to talk about "accuracy" when you have the best Oline in franchise history, plus some of the very best receiving weapons in franchise history, alongside with the best RB in NFL history. But when you lost most of your Oline, plus your top receiving weapons, where was your "you either have it or not" accuracy?

Wow, Troy, you sound bad. Where was the "it factor" your last 4 years? How about your first 2-3 years? Why didn't your "accuracy" help you then?

Jerry Jones gets "it", Troy. You don't. Thanks a lot for the indirect Jerry and Dak bashings. :facepalm:

Troy was also blessed with just giving the ball to Emmitt. Giving him lots of 3rd and short opportunities. Early on I didn't see Troy having to sling it downfield a lot.

hopemsu

Reaction score
as much I as I hate bradshaw he made some very good points before the game when he talked about Prescott. he said the same things that aikman said either you have it or you don't they should know they both won multiple superbowls they both played a major role in winning them.
Terry would know, he threw exactly 2 less interceptions than tds in his career. 212td to 210int. #liketroyonlyinHOFbecauseofsuperbowlrings
#overallverygoodteamswithgreatdefenses

Colombiacowboy

Reaction score
Dialed up 2 nice throws to Gallup today. Defenses are keeping him always in the pocket and are not letting him step up into it either. This is the least desirable circumstances for Dak and it affects his game. He has to develop and understand how to use what's being given by the defense so they have to adjust. Then he can get out a bit more and change things up.

He's still young and we have no choice but to see how Dak is going to add to his skill set as a QB. I see Russell Wilson now and it was a similar scenario his first 3 seasons. But he's darn good now. 2 different QB's but an example of how development can/will happen. Remember, Wilson didn't exactly have this so called "high ceiling" either. Dak's looking better than Goff right now, Wentz too.

I think you need to go back and look at Wilson's first three years. There is a huge difference bewteen Dak and him.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

And then they turned on their hero because he gave an opinion that didn't align with theirs. Delicious.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
Yet Dak has beaten their GOD WENTZ for the division title 2/3 years...while Wentz's backup is showing everyone how overrated he is...

If I was Troy, I would ****...stick to calling games between your favorite QBs Wentz and Goff Troy...everytime during the game he tried to talk **** about Winston or Prescott they both made his *** look silly.

What does that Superbowl MVP-winning QB Aikman know about the position anyway? And ditto for that know-nothing Bradshaw, too. The way he talks you'd think he'd had some kinda success playing QB!

Who do these guys think they are anyway?

LittleD

Reaction score

Baloney... A college QB can function with non-accuracy but, an NFL QB will never win big games with that one flaw in their game. How many 1st and 2nd round draft picks have come into the
league and failed because they can't put the ball in a catchable place with the Pro game of defenders hanging all over receivers. Today's NFL game is all about passing and if a QB can't pass he will
fail and eventually lose his job...just facts!