Undisputed: What is the root of the Cowboy's ongoing contract mess?

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not sure about that.
I believe ticket sales, television revenues, concerts and revenues from other uses of the stadium continued when they were 8-8. Also, the addition of the Star facility adds to the valuation of the Cowboys. Income potential, not winning percentage leads to their worth and that’s why it appears winning isn’t their priority.

Last edited:

Chasing6

Reaction score
I believe ticket sales, television revenues, concerts and revenues from other uses of the stadium continued when they were 8-8. Also, the addition of the Star facility adds to the valuation of the Cowboys. Income potential, not winning percentage leads to their worth and that’s why it appears winning isn’t their priority.
8-8 is not a losing season.

Creeper

Reaction score
Can't agree with that, Cowboys were 40-24 after Dak's first 3 years, with a playoff win and a rookie MVP award. Jerry did jump the gun on Dak, but unproven? In the modern NFL after 3 years, you're considered a veteran player and there's usually plenty of evidence to judge a player on.
I was referring to Dak winning the big games. As I said earlier, he had that game against the Eagles in December 2019 in basically a win or go home scenario and he performed poorly.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
My opinion is Jerry is to scared of how it makes him look. If he lets a guy like dak get away, and he succeeds someplace else, it makes Jerry look bad. We did the same thing with guys like Zeke and Jaylon smith. Eventually though letting them go proved to be the right choice.

Instead of being smart, Jerry gives out these contracts because he can't stomach it potentially making him look bad. That's his fear in my opinion.

starfan1

Reaction score
Stephen A was one of his biggest supporters to get that last contract.
Can you explain why one of the biggest Dallas critics or haters (Using a word you cherish) wanted Dak to get that deal?
It's not hard to understand why esp if you have witnessed the waste in our last 3 playoff games!!!
Stephen A is a happy man!!!!!!!!!!!
Stephen A is a turd not much different than the folks on here who insist Dak is the reason for this teams failures.

Whether or not Dak gets a new contract is really not a big issue for me in terms of team but in terms of this site well let’s just say I’m rooting for it. Maybe it gets rid of the folks that makes this place less than desirable

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Signing Dak to that team sabotaging short term deal made sure we would not have the pieces for a super bowl run.
Have heard that for years, simply not true. The cap can be managed if you know how to do it, Jerry obviously does not....

bottleKids

Reaction score
Stephen A is a turd not much different than the folks on here who insist Dak is the reason for this teams failures.

Whether or not Dak gets a new contract is really not a big issue for me in terms of team but in terms of this site well let’s just say I’m rooting for it. Maybe it gets rid of the folks that makes this place less than desirable
Hopefully he signs else where and the opposite and Dak over Dallas fans go else where.... Dak is a big part of why our last 5-6 years has not led to greater success. Is he 100% the reason? Of course not, but he is a big part of it.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I was referring to Dak winning the big games. As I said earlier, he had that game against the Eagles in December 2019 in basically a win or go home scenario and he performed poorly.
You mean like Aikman did all by himself?

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Hopefully he signs else where and the opposite and Dak over Dallas fans go else where.... Dak is a big part of why our last 5-6 years has not led to greater success. Is he 100% the reason? Of course not, but he is a big part of it.
And if and when Dak leaves and his replacement doesn't do any better, or does worse, then the replacement will be the reason for not having "greater success".
As will the next replacement, and the next and the next. As long as Jerry and his clan run the show.

bottleKids

Reaction score
And if and when Dak leaves and his replacement doesn't do any better, or does worse, then the replacement will be the reason for not having "greater success".
As will the next replacement, and the next and the next. As long as Jerry and his clan run the show.
I agree with you on the Jerry part, but also feel some times you have to try something new if current is not working.