Twitter: Update: Gregory appeal hearing is going forward in NY today - Post #135

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
No way. The man is entitled to representation and it takes time to get a lawyer up to speed. Mid Feb would sound about right.

This is the Cowboys front office giving a big fat middle finger to the league.

I guess we'll see. I do agree that he deserves representation, but I think you're not looking at the potential back lash the league will face if he plays all post season and then gets suspended.

Doomsay

Reaction score
It's not really a conspiracy theory at all.

Remember when the Cowboys and Commanders got penalized for apparently violating cap rules in a year when there were no cap rules? It was Mara who pushed for the punishment and Goodell obliged. Don't you find it a bit odd that after the league has taken a hard stance on domestic punishment and sometimes overreacted for PR reasons, they just hand down a random one game suspension to Josh Brown?

I think you are naïve if you don't believe there are factions within the league office and even among owners that result in some favoritism being played at times.
Yes, and the season-long specter of a DV case against Zeke even after the case was dropped by the authorities and the accuser exposed for fabrication. Meanwhile, the Giants get a one game wrist slap for a known and admitted messianic serial wife abuser - after "thorough investigation" by a New York-based lifelong Giants' season ticket holding lawyer, Lisa Friel.

Sydla

Reaction score
I'll just say this, it won't just be Mara throwing a fit if Gregory plays well all post season and a day or two after the super bowl, he's suspended for all of 2017. The league will look bad, so I think this still happens before we play

Depends. If the reason for the suspension is he missed a test and the reason he missed the test was because he was in rehab, the league is going to look foolish IMO in that respect. I bet some owners wouldn't want to touch that third rail.

Sydla

Reaction score
Just pointing out how dumb the "lawyers are lawyers" claim was.

Lots of bad reasoning in this thread.

True but then again you were the one who was wondering why the hearing couldn't go on with just NFLPA reps present.

A player is entitled to his own representation above the NFLPA. The fact Gregory doesn't have any is a worth reason to postpone a hearing.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Did I miss Zeke's suspension.? If there was a conspiracy against Dallas, Zeke would have been punished by now, right?
If we play the Giants I can almost guarantee the news will be bringing up his issues off the field all week. And how the league is being diligent and all that bs.

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
Did I miss Zeke's suspension.? If there was a conspiracy against Dallas, Zeke would have been punished by now, right?
The investigation is still ongoing. I've read that he is "public enemy #1" or something like that. I thought everyone had the right to a speedy trial? Not surprising he hasn't, at least to me.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I really wish we could all just quit with this argument. Does anyone really think Jerry would allow a situation to exist where the owner of a division rival was pulling strings behind the scenes to screw the Cowboys and let the Giants skate on things? It's a ridiculous conspiracy theory that just doesn't hold water. Goodall and Mara would be facing jail time if they were conspiring to commit fraud and collusion against another team. It simply isn't happening.
The league punished the Cowboys and Skins for something was not against the rules. Mara was widely known to be involved.

If the legal system was going to be involved, it would have been in that situation. It was obviously collusion by the owners against the players. The NFL and it's owners can't legally collude to keep salaries down which is what they were basically doing with that move.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The league punished the Cowboys and Skins for something was not against the rules. Mara was widely known to be involved.

If the legal system was going to be involved, it would have been in that situation. It was obviously collusion by the owners against the players. The NFL and it's owners can't legally collude to keep salaries down which is what they were basically doing with that move.

I still can't believe that they got away with that! It was the ultimate smoking gun for the players, and they signed away their right to sue in the most recent CBA.

CWR

Reaction score
Wow what the hell did I miss?!?!? The last I heard he wouldn't go through the appeal process until after the playoffs! This must be a new record for efficiency! Smh

CWR

Reaction score
I still can't believe that they got away with that! It was the ultimate smoking gun for the players, and they signed away their right to sue in the most recent CBA.

Didnt Chicago do the exact same thing with Peppers contract that year? Yet there was zero mention of punishing them...

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Randy didn't do this. He's like Jar Jar binks and the real emperor is jerry

Don't kid yourself. This is being orchestrated as a response to the way the league has screwed the whole process up. The league cost them a player they didn't really want to lose and now is prepared to take another player at the same position away right before their first playoff game. They could have had the entire process over with before forcing Dallas to make roster moves.

CWR

Reaction score
I realize the topic is supposed to be good news but Im actually very concerned knowing the appeal had been expedited in the first place. Get the lube, I expect Mara to have the last word on this, as per usual.