Vick vs Prescott?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by garyo1954, May 8, 2022.

1. Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius Well-Known Member

743 Messages
    484 Likes Received
    It has always amused me the down right vitriol directed at Vick. I know none of you came up in Dog fighting culture and that's cool. But it exists. Vick was wrong for what he did and he paid for it.

To see people who want him basically killed for dogs........... There is a screwed up sense of justice. I have a pit puppy who I love, but I'm not gonna kill or even hurt a HUMAN over him.

Tap the brakes a little

Swagger likes this.
  2. EST_1986

EST_1986 Well-Known Member

8,914 Messages
    12,583 Likes Received
    Yea its beyond silly how these holier than thou people think. Appalled by what Vick did but then turn around and want to do the same thing to him.

The man paid the price for what he did and learned from it.

Swagger likes this.
  3. OmerV

OmerV Well-Known Member

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    24,164 Messages
    20,671 Likes Received
    Twitter means nothing. Vick was a tremendous athlete - one of the (if not "the") most athletically gifted QBs the NFL has ever seen. But he was not the QB Dak is. And I don't say that because I believe Dak is so dramatically good that others can't compare, I say that because Vick's ability as a QB didn't not match his pure athleticism.

kskboys likes this.
  4. Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius Well-Known Member

743 Messages
    484 Likes Received
    Virtue Signaling at it's atrocious best

EST_1986 likes this.
  5. RonnieT24

RonnieT24 Well-Known Member

8,691 Messages
    13,153 Likes Received
    Clearly you're talking Super Bowls only.. because there was a time when the QB was regularly the opne of the leading rushers for every team.. Those QBs were not just run first.. They were run second, third and fourth. But yeah.. very different game back then.

6. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

42,609 Messages
    21,002 Likes Received
    Can you name a run first QB prior to the Super Bowl era that won a championship? Back in the earlier days of football there was a lot of running but I can’t think of a team in any era that ever won a championship with a QB that did it mostly with their legs. Michael Vick and Lamar Jackson are the two greatest running QBs we’ve ever seen at the NFL level and Randall Cunningham wasn’t far behind. Bobby Douglas was a great running QB for the Bears back in the day and none of them won a championship. The best running QB to win a Super Bowl was Steve Young but he was a great passer and he threw a SB record 6 TD passes in the Super Bowl.

7. TRUTH87

TRUTH87 Cowboy for Life

4,972 Messages
    2,988 Likes Received
    all I know is vick was hella fun to watch. i can’t remember the last QB i would solely watch the game for. his speed was demonic. Lamar jackson doesn’t capture my attention like vick did.

8. sbark

sbark Well-Known Member

7,296 Messages
    3,516 Likes Received
    Remember Romo making Laurent Robinson a legit receiver

9. KJJ

42,609 Messages
    21,002 Likes Received
    Right, Robinson was nothing prior to coming to the Cowboys and nothing after he left the Cowboys. He had less than half as many catches in Jacksonville and only 252 yards the following season.

sbark likes this.
  10. kskboys

kskboys Well-Known Member

33,719 Messages
    36,326 Likes Received
    Absolutely not. Vick was easily contained by O's such as SFs. His success had ended by the time he went to prison, and only lasted a few games when he came back. He then went back to the same ol' tired routine of running the ball every play. His 2nd year in Philly he was terrible.

11. kskboys

33,719 Messages
    36,326 Likes Received
    Roddy White. And an excellent #2 in Mike Jenkins.

12. kskboys

33,719 Messages
    36,326 Likes Received
    Vick was a terrible passer. Absolutely awful.

13. Proof

Proof Well-Known Member

8,824 Messages
    10,436 Likes Received
    lol michael jenkins was not an excellent number 2 knock it off. and he had Roddy part time before the leap

khiladi likes this.
  14. Northern_Cowboy

Northern_Cowboy Well-Known Member

3,122 Messages
    3,611 Likes Received
    When teams played the Falcons and Vick/ opposing D/C game planned to stop Vick, when teams play the Cowboys today opposing D/C gameplan to stop everybody but Dak...that's all you need to know

15. khiladi

khiladi Well-Known Member

31,808 Messages
    26,383 Likes Received
    Nobody is comparing Marino and Elway to Vick, they are comparing him to Dak. Further, I’m glad arguably the best pure passers the game has seen in this context, as Dak fans like to talk about checkdown Charlie’s completion percentage when comparing him to Vick, meaning across “generations” while Elway and Marino, were career 50 percentile throwers on completion percentage, meaning where Vick was.

Swagger likes this.
  16. KJJ

42,609 Messages
    21,002 Likes Received
    Nobody said they were. Regardless it’s still a stupid comparison. Michael Vick compares to Lamar Jackson.

G2 and kskboys like this.
  17. ghst187

ghst187 Well-Known Member

13,181 Messages
    8,545 Likes Received
    Ron Mexico

18. OmerV

OmerV Well-Known Member

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    24,164 Messages
    20,671 Likes Received
    If a team plans to stop receivers how is that not also planning to stop Dak? I'm also wondering what the blitzing is all about.

19. erod

erod Well-Known Member

33,619 Messages
    49,939 Likes Received
    You simply don't understand football. You're not alone.

20. Established1971

Established1971 fiveandcounting

4,564 Messages
    3,134 Likes Received
    Vick? why Vick? He is one of the most overrated qb's of all time. People were just enamored of his running. I think he won one playoff game.

kskboys likes this.