Vikings interested in Trey Lance?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Have you ever looked at our salary cap?

$5M would be the 12th highest paid player on our team. More than half our team makes less than $2M.
Because they are on rookie deals. You can’t go to free agency and expect to get a quality player for 5 million a year I know they like to bargain bin shop but that’s a bit much.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Get what they can for Trey Lance and move on. He's not the gem that everyone thought he was when the 9ers drafted him.
He’s 23 years old. If he was good enough to trade a 4th rounder for just less then a year ago he should be good enough to at least go to camp and battle for the backup spot.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I mean if he loses the backup QB competition I would guess any return for your 3rd string QB still beats getting nothing back.
Lance wasnt brought here to take Coopers job.

He’s our future.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You hope for a 3 or a low 4th and 5th or there’s no point. I think this is Suk’s last season and they might be seeing what Trey looks like the first couple PS games to shed light on his prospects of starting the ‘25 season.
Possibly. I think right now they at least want him to be better than Rush and then see what his starting potential looks like.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Patience.

Dak is on the way out.

2-5 playoff record = failed career + mega $$$ contract
Haha you must be a new Cowboy fan. I saw the Romo era and until Jerry shows me otherwise I’m just gonna assume he’s going to make the same moves he’s always made.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
They already know. 8)

He’s the reason Dak cant get anymore mega $$$ contracts.
They don’t know anything they don’t even let him practice with the ones. They wouldn’t even let him be back up lol. He could’ve got playing time in all our blowouts and these guys sat him.

Jarntt

Reaction score
Dump their salary for what lol?
That doesn't even make sense. You don't see why we need to clear up cap space to add players who will actually contribute to winning a meaningful game? You can't pay a #3 QB what we will be paying whichever of Rush or Lance is #3

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lance was always a buy low/ sell high move. There is no other reason make the deal we did.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Buffalo the runner-up. Thats very interesting (.although not a Dallas issue. It is intriguing why the bills
Would want him
Considering their talented qb)
For the same reason we traded for Lance. The kid has talent but is raw. Lance is the same age as Daniels who appears to be the second pick.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Lance was always a buy low/ sell high move. There is no other reason make the deal we did.
There appears to be just cause to include the possibility that Jerry has plans to use Trey Lance to compete with Rush in TC, win the backup spot and potentially, compete with Dak in 2025. Mr. Jerry has been known to flirt with some weird ideas in the past. Anything can happen. ;)