Walking Dead Season 7 **merged**

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It is entirely possible that they didn't factor in the that the TV audience wouldn't be into the character the way the graphic novel fans are. I would say that the way he's being portrayed, and with the lines being many times almost exactly word for word out of the graphic novel that you're likely right here that they didn't factor that in and, to this point, are not willing to change from it.

I'm not sure that it's solely about liking or not liking the character. I think it's more about knowing where this thing will end up already and having to slog through weeks, months, or possibly years to get there. Everybody knows how this thing ends! Having to sit through this to get there is what I think is turning fans away in droves.

I hate that anyone isn't liking the character though. I'll say this is absolutely my favorite arc from the graphic novel and I was so looking forward to this entire story and build up and fall out. I hate that there is anyone who doesn't enjoy it but I can certainly understand why they do not.

Again, maybe it was a mistake to debut him as they did and give us nothing about his backstory.

But I think the bigger issue is with the sheer ridiculousness of such a scenario and group even existing. It's preposterous and insulting to the audience. Nobody is buying that any of this could or would ever happen.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Excellent point and I definitely do believe you could be right on with that to a large degree. Especially with how the characters interact later on down the line, and how he interacts with Rick, and just some of the back story you get then you realize that he's got a certain mindset about himself and his situation.

Great point man.

Actually, my excellent point was spawned from your post

I believe it's air time that builds up Carl further toward possibly being an eventual leader. And depending on what the show is going with (If it's going it's own path or following the graphic novel) I feel that it's simply that Negan respects, and to some weird extent, is fascinated by the fact that Carl will stand up to him.

So give yourself at least half credit :)

With that point made.

Does it go deeper? I mean Carl knows that killing is necessary and he is VERY capable.
Now, by deeper I'm thinking could Negan get Carl to understand that killing Abraham and Glenn was, "it's not personal sonny, it's strictly business".

I could see Carl accepting that and moving forward (like Chris on FTWD before his exit)

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
It is entirely possible that they didn't factor in the that the TV audience wouldn't be into the character the way the graphic novel fans are. I would say that the way he's being portrayed, and with the lines being many times almost exactly word for word out of the graphic novel that you're likely right here that they didn't factor that in and, to this point, are not willing to change from it.

I hate that anyone isn't liking the character though. I'll say this is absolutely my favorite arc from the graphic novel and I was so looking forward to this entire story and build up and fall out. I hate that there is anyone who doesn't enjoy it but I can certainly understand why they do not.

It's a great arc.
I'm liking Negan.

Best arc since no sanctuary.

I look forward to Negan backstory. I want to see Negan "breaking bad"

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I'm not sure that it's solely about liking or not liking the character. I think it's more about knowing where this thing will end up already and having to slog through weeks, months, or possibly years to get there. Everybody knows how this thing ends! Having to sit through this to get there is what I think is turning fans away in droves.

Again, maybe it was a mistake to debut him as they did and give us nothing about his backstory.

But I think the bigger issue is with the sheer ridiculousness of such a scenario and group even existing. It's preposterous and insulting to the audience. Nobody is buying that any of this could or would ever happen.

Yeah unfortunately even with his backstory it's not going to change how preposterous this type of group is. lol

I think that what ends up happening may more may not surprise some people. This story, at least from my perspective anyway, is very interesting and leads to something I feel is pretty big for Rick and company going forward.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Actually, my excellent point was spawned from your post

So give yourself at least half credit :)

With that point made.

Does it go deeper? I mean Carl knows that killing is necessary and he is VERY capable.
Now, by deeper I'm thinking could Negan get Carl to understand that killing Abraham and Glenn was, "it's not personal sonny, it's strictly business".

I could see Carl accepting that and moving forward (like Chris on FTWD before his exit)

It goes deeper in the graphic novel because it makes Rick (And also Carl to some extent) realize that they do have other options and another way to deal with people. It makes them go a totally different direction then what maybe anyone has, to that point in the graphic novel, back toward a real civilized society.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah unfortunately even with his backstory it's not going to change how preposterous this type of group is. lol

I think that what ends up happening may more may not surprise some people. This story, at least from my perspective anyway, is very interesting and leads to something I feel is pretty big for Rick and company going forward.

I hope you're right.

I haven't read the comics, but I'm expecting an eventual team up of the groups that the Saviors have oppressed, Negan being taken down, and a shuffling of the deck with regard to characters coming/staying/going.

I think they need to think bigger in terms of stories. Given their location, there's no reason why they shouldn't be doing everything in their power to have someone get to Washington, D.C. It's a no-brainer. If there isn't anything resembling order left in North America, that's where it will be.

This show needs a group to go on a quest to find whoever is left there. I'd find that a lot more interesting than the storylines they're already recycling.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I hope you're right.

I haven't read the comics, but I'm expecting an eventual team up of the groups that the Saviors have oppressed, Negan being taken down, and a shuffling of the deck with regard to characters coming/staying/going.

I think they need to think bigger in terms of stories. Given their location, there's no reason why they shouldn't be doing everything in their power to have someone get to Washington, D.C. It's a no-brainer. If there isn't anything resembling order left in North America, that's where it will be.

This show needs a group to go on a quest to find whoever is left there. I'd find that a lot more interesting than the storylines they're already recycling.

Keep with the show man. If they follow the path I think they will then you're going to see them do some pretty good things, IMO.

I like where this leads for sure.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Keep with the show man. If they follow the path I think they will then you're going to see them do some pretty good things, IMO.

I like where this leads for sure.

I'll try, but they need to move things along quicker. I can't sit through a season or more of this.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
15439743_1216154001798074_2602183058405268662_n.jpg

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Bobby Lee swagger woulda killed Neegan by now. Easily too
i got up around 3:30am to watch this before going to work. i was dog tired after the cowboy game and slept through most of the 4th quarter anyway.

another yawner closing out this half of the season.

i'll start off by saying the title of the show should have been "getting the band back together" cause it was nothing more than 90 minutes of waking rick up to fight and in the end, all the family coming to roost at hilltop to load up for feb.

we are however now introduced to a boot outside the houseboat bog. OOOOOO - a mystery person and the whole "you still lose" sign playing such an important part in this - it will come back. hopefully a tad more entertaining.

the orphan has been sent home by negan for trying to pull a "hilltop leader" type deal to kill rick. that one was easy to see coming.

daryl has escaped. lead piped a fat dude (how do people stay fat in times like this? hell alexandria has (3) people...wait...2 now...pushing some pounds but i digress) and jesus was there waiting on daryl so look like he's the one who left the note.

in the end it was 80 minutes of yawn and 10 minutes of michonne finding ricks jimmies for him.

band back together. hilltop is the launching grounds and carol, if you really want to be left alone you won't park your ditzy arse right outside their camp, now will you. go away or get back to killin but this lost sheep crap is overly annoying.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I wasn't exactly disappointed in last nights episode but I did expect there to be a bit more.

I was happy to see that Darryl did get away but I'm not interested to see how that plays out.

I knew by the end Rick would finally come to the point where he's going to plot and fight. I have to say I'm not really thrilled with the way they've written him in this. In the graphic novel his reaction to Negan, and how this all played out to get to this point, was far better, IMO.

I thought the Michionne car ride stuff was a waste of time and every time they showed her parts with that lady just really drug the show down.

The mystery person is some what interesting because this is completely unknown for me as there isn't anything like that part of this arc in the graphic novel.

Let me touch real quick on the Rick thing again. I am not a fan, in the least, of how they've written his reaction to all this. I hate that it was Sasha's idea to have Jesus find The Saviors compound. I hate that the guy at The Kingdom is trying to get people to fight before Rick is. I just do not like that at all.

In the graphic novel he is planning how to win right from the beginning, though he doesn't let everyone in on it. Only Jesus and Andrea. So I have been really disappointed in the way they've had Rick's part handled so far. He hasn't really had the defiance that he should have, even if it wasn't outright, in your face defiance.

Spencer's death was well known. Exactly how it happened in the comic but that led to what is completely different from the comic and what I am interested in. Rosita doesn't attempt to kill Negan like that in the comic and Negan is not aware that Eugene can make bullets until the war against him has already begun. So I am interested in seeing where they'll go with this because it's obvious that now he's going to force Eugene to make bullets for them instead. This is, IMO, a major change from the graphic novel because part of how Rick's people are able to fight back, and potentially win, is that they have the ability to make ammo. It gives them something The Saviors, and no one else in that area, has. That is now gone.

Coupled with the fact that in the TV show they also have had all their guns taken away, now they can't make ammo either, this is a much more uphill battle for Rick and Co. then it was even in the comic.

As for Rosita...idiot. I don't understand how she didn't see that coming. She kept saying she'd take the punishment for what she was doing. I don't get why she didn't understand it wouldn't be her that would be punished if she tried. How did she not learn that from the first meeting with Negan? Rick led his people to kill Negan's people and what did Negan do? He didn't kill Rick, he killed Abraham. Daryl punched Negan and what did Negan do? He killed Glenn for Daryl getting out of line.

She should have known, full well, that anything she did, that back fired, would cause someone else to be punished, and not her. So stupid. Reckless and stupid.

And does anyone else watch these interactions with Negan's underlings and feel like...."Nope. No way would I be able to deal with these people. I'd rather fight and die then put up with ******* people like this."

I just want to see his people die, to be quite honest. Like I don't want any of them to be allowed to live. Kill them all kind of feeling.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
i got up around 3:30am to watch this before going to work. i was dog tired after the cowboy game and slept through most of the 4th quarter anyway.

another yawner closing out this half of the season.

i'll start off by saying the title of the show should have been "getting the band back together" cause it was nothing more than 90 minutes of waking rick up to fight and in the end, all the family coming to roost at hilltop to load up for feb.

we are however now introduced to a boot outside the houseboat bog. OOOOOO - a mystery person and the whole "you still lose" sign playing such an important part in this - it will come back. hopefully a tad more entertaining.

the orphan has been sent home by negan for trying to pull a "hilltop leader" type deal to kill rick. that one was easy to see coming.

daryl has escaped. lead piped a fat dude (how do people stay fat in times like this? hell alexandria has (3) people...wait...2 now...pushing some pounds but i digress) and jesus was there waiting on daryl so look like he's the one who left the note.

in the end it was 80 minutes of yawn and 10 minutes of michonne finding ricks jimmies for him.

band back together. hilltop is the launching grounds and carol, if you really want to be left alone you won't park your ditzy arse right outside their camp, now will you. go away or get back to killin but this lost sheep crap is overly annoying.

It was a yawner for the most part.

I don't know why they are given a 90 minute slot and then proceed to waste most of it with plodding story lines.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
It was a yawner for the most part.

I don't know why they are given a 90 minute slot and then proceed to waste most of it with plodding story lines.
that's all walking dead seems to be anymore. season opener a cumulation of all last season into 1 episode to start the year and then 7 more stories to "build to" the season opener next season (1/2 season).

the boot outside the houseboat pond - who cares? the potential lesbian camp - who cares?

the manner in which they choose to tell the story is just dragging and while cool visual effects at times, the story suffers greatly.

Leadbelly

Reaction score
Random thoughts...

How bad does Dwight get beaten? Had half his face burnt off for a far smaller offense.

After Aaron surviving a fall in Zombie Lake and then going on about life while loading up the truck, I really expected him to die. Or his boyfriend. Mr "My Mom Was Leader" dying instead surprised me a bit, but he was a jackhole and will not be missed by me.

No sign of Heath at the Saviors compound or Alexandria. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I'm guessing we see him when Eugene is locked up. (Not that he's a particularly developed character.)

For the gun aficionados, anyone know what kind of gun Rosita was using? Seems like the bat would at least kick back into Negan's face. Also don't see why Negan would think she's incapable of being the one who knows how to make bullets. Not that I know how, but it seems like a very learnable skill.

The barely used Kingdom guy having a cry in the trailer...that was weird. Why even show that?

The look Carl gives Enid...'sup girl.

Daryl and Jesus just walking out from around the corner...sudden. Kind of awkwardly set up. I really expected more from the Daryl storyline. Ultimately went nowhere.

Likewise, the Carol/Morgan stuff seems to not be progressing.

Surprised to hear Boots is not a comics character. I thought it might be Dwight and that's why he wasn't at the compound.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
yea, when negan gets home and sees daryl gone - think he'll just go "darn, oh well...i've got mulletman now" or do you think he'll make people pay, or at least try to?

funny how also the directors went out of their way to show off ginger and glen getting beat over the head but the one daryl offs is barely a blood stain on his shirt.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Surprised to hear Boots is not a comics character. I thought it might be Dwight and that's why he wasn't at the compound.

Well this could be. I hadn't thought of them potentially doing that. It would make some sense with what I believe is coming up for the next part of the arc with Dwight.

yea, when negan gets home and sees daryl gone - think he'll just go "darn, oh well...i've got mulletman now" or do you think he'll make people pay, or at least try to?

funny how also the directors went out of their way to show off ginger and glen getting beat over the head but the one daryl offs is barely a blood stain on his shirt.

I can't imagine that he's going to allow it to slide that Daryl is out. I also don't know how Rick and Co. don't get into some kind of trouble with him, and the Saviors, over that fact.

It appeared to me, from the little preview of the second half of the season, that they're going to do The March to War and All out War a little bit differently on the TV show. Instead of a series of 3 battles (Like it was in the graphic novel) it looked like they might actually be having multiple attacks on Saviors.

maxdogg

Reaction score
Well this could be. I hadn't thought of them potentially doing that. It would make some sense with what I believe is coming up for the next part of the arc with Dwight.

I can't imagine that he's going to allow it to slide that Daryl is out. I also don't know how Rick and Co. don't get into some kind of trouble with him, and the Saviors, over that fact.

It appeared to me, from the little preview of the second half of the season, that they're going to do The March to War and All out War a little bit differently on the TV show. Instead of a series of 3 battles (Like it was in the graphic novel) it looked like they might actually be having multiple attacks on Saviors.
I thought the same thing wouldn't Negan want to Lucille a couple of people over that? And where could Daryl Hide?
I also thought wouldn't the Saviors know that Rick and Co are hanging at Hilltop?
I would think Negan would kill somebody over that.
Also do you go with the theory that Gabriel buried Guns in Maggies fake grave?