Ware Release: has the Organization Changed? ***Ware Mega Merge-place all Ware threads here please***

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
So, help me understand. Jay Ratliff can all out steal money, gets praised even as he is walking out the door. Ware? Well, he needs to perform up to his contract that last time I checked, was drawn up by Cap Genius Stephen. Got it.

Ratliff praised by who? I must have missed that.
Trust me, should Ware be let go he will be drowned in love by Jerry, it's not personal between the organization and Ware.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 2m
Cowboys DE DeMarcus Ware is currently meeting with the team. His future is in the balance....

chicago JK

Reaction score
It's pure goofiness.. I just smh at it all.

Ware's been a good/great player for this team and he was rewarded handsomely for it. Now the team wants to reduce his salary based on diminishing returns and projected future play. It happens to everyone in the NFL.

I got no issue with the team wanting to reduce his salary, but I also have no issue with Ware saying no or not wanting his pay to be reduced to what the team wants. It's all part of the negotiations. First one blinks and the deal is done.

Nicely said. I am surprised how much hate he is getting. I typically am on the side of not paying age, but for Ware I hope they find a compromise. Maybe he is compromised player due to age and injury. It happens to every player at some point. But I think he could still be a very good player for a couple of years. I also think people are undervaluing how hard he is going to be to replace. Those type of talents that Ware played at for a lot of years do not grow on trees. I remember a whole bunch of Ekubans and Carter's between Haley and Ware.

alicetooljam

Reaction score
I liked Ellis, but his opinions on salary negotiations aren't that credible.

I dont think hes commenting on the negotiations so much as saying at this stage in his career its best for both to move on, that DWare would be more effective in 3-4 at this point in his career, ya know the same thing Ellis couldnt understand back when it was happening to him...now he gets it.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
This isn't going to turn out well for Ware. At this point, we have to have the cap space.

He's my favorite defensive player, but the fact is that he'll be 32 this season and playing a game where his one skill was speed doesn't exactly hold up well with the aging process.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
The proverbial gauntlet has been thrown down. Will he cut and run or will he take the cut and stay? Ware's Cowboys career hangs by a thread.

My question is why hasn't this gauntlet throwing tough talk contract stance been all these years and why suddenly is there a change in philosophy?

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not sure why cutting him is considered a threat. If Ware is cut, he'll still win in the end, because all it takes is one team with a plethora of cash, and Ware will be back amongst the elite in salary. He wins if the team cuts him today when FA begins. He loses if they hold onto him with no end in sight.

visionary

Reaction score
The proverbial gauntlet has been thrown down. Will he cut and run or will he take the cut and stay? Ware's Cowboys career hangs by a thread.

Typical stupid response by jones
Should be saying : we are already under the cap and don't plan to be big spenders in FA so have no incentive to cut you . Take a pay cut and help us out or we will designate you a June 1 cut when the FA dollars have dried up

visionary

Reaction score
Not sure why cutting him is considered a threat. If Ware is cut, he'll still win in the end, because all it takes is one team with a plethora of cash, and Ware will be back amongst the elite in salary. He wins if the team cuts him today when FA begins. He loses if they hold onto him with no end in sight.

This
We should be telling him that we will designate him a June 1 cut

Dwight

Reaction score
If Ware does not give in just maybe he prefers to leave the Organization due to the team not being a Super Bowl Contender. I can't blame him. Why take a pay cut knowing that Dallas may not make the playoffs. He may not say this but deep down I feel he prefers to leave and play for a contender due to his current actions.

ErikWilliamsHeadSlap

Reaction score
Well, it started with Free and it worked so maybe they feel more confident with Ware and any other player that offers cap challenges? Maybe there is a new philosophy in town.

Yes. Maybe the penny has dropped and the lesson has been learned. If so, Witten may be next.

cowboyvic

Reaction score
If Ware does not give in just maybe he prefers to leave the Organization due to the team not being a Super Bowl Contender. I can't blame him. Why take a pay cut knowing that Dallas may not make the playoffs. He may not say this but deep down I feel he prefers to leave and play for a contender by his current actions.
I have been trying to tell folks this. this may not be about the money with Ware. maybe he will take less money to have a chance to win with a good playoff type team.