Ware Release: has the Organization Changed? ***Ware Mega Merge-place all Ware threads here please***

OhSnap

Reaction score
I had this epifany the other day while waiting for the double-skin butane tank to be rewelded: Why the angst over Ware, Spencer and Hatcher?

Are we 3 journeymen away from the Super Bowl?
Are we like convinced that age trumps youth?
Do we like spending relatively big bucks (even at reduced salaries) on the proven so-so athletes of this world?
Are we so happy with the results from the past two years that we NEED these three August gentlemens to again anchor our front line?
Do the names Ware, Hatcher and Spencer inspire so mush respect that they will one day be on our Mt. Rushmore of Cowboys?

Nein!
Nein! I say to all off the above.

If history has taught us anything it is to avoid land wars we constantly lose and to avoid sticking with what wont work.
Today and the days ahead will tell us a lot of what direction we is going.
My bet is that Jerra will keep one of them: Spencer and Hatch at a cut-rate salary.
But that aint good.
Do a clean sweep. I'd rathe see the defense of last year muck it up than see these tired titans of titular tradition and terror. At least let them muck it up until we begin finding young, cheap and tough hombres whose motors are always running and who don't spend all the time in rehab.

We need to rebuild the defense. Period. Point flank.

Do not look to the past Jerra. Look inward and then to the future with youngsters who will redefine you and Dallas Cowboys football.

Just remember: Journeymen if you want them are all over the FA market. Ours are too aged, greedy and expensive and fragile. So let them go, Jerra. Let them go like an old man lets cold soup go at the automat.

Again, because of mein astute logic I am overcome with emotion that I cannot continue. Also, "Cops Reloaded" is showing the episode of the stolen car with cats inside, so i half to go.

If you keep making threads like this people are gonna know your high. Let Spencer and Hatcher go if they can get more money, pay Ware what he's owed from restructuring and make him a nice offer.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Well maybe he should play more often, show up in big games and become the solution rather than part of the problem?

Haha.

Guess misses 3 games in his 9th season after having missed 1 in the previous 8 and that's not often enough.

Likely most sacks since coming into the league. Not enough.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Haha.

Guess misses 3 games in his 9th season after having missed 1 in the previous 8 and that's not often enough.

Just another example of when the business of the NFL gets in the way of people's fandoms.

cowboyvic

Reaction score
Well maybe he should play more often, show up in big games and become the solution rather than part of the problem?
He missed 3 games in 9 years. played in a lot of games hurt. yet he get's rewarded with this. while a guy like Shawn Lee (who can't stay on the field)get's a new contract.and people wonder why Ware feels disrespected and won't take a pay cut. Maybe it's not about the money. maybe it's about getting away from Jerry and going to a winning team. you think?

manster4ever

Reaction score
I had this epifany the other day while waiting for the double-skin butane tank to be rewelded: Why the angst over Ware, Spencer and Hatcher?

Are we 3 journeymen away from the Super Bowl?
Are we like convinced that age trumps youth?
Do we like spending relatively big bucks (even at reduced salaries) on the proven so-so athletes of this world?
Are we so happy with the results from the past two years that we NEED these three August gentlemens to again anchor our front line?
Do the names Ware, Hatcher and Spencer inspire so mush respect that they will one day be on our Mt. Rushmore of Cowboys?

Nein!
Nein! I say to all off the above.

If history has taught us anything it is to avoid land wars we constantly lose and to avoid sticking with what wont work.
Today and the days ahead will tell us a lot of what direction we is going.
My bet is that Jerra will keep one of them: Spencer and Hatch at a cut-rate salary.
But that aint good.
Do a clean sweep. I'd rathe see the defense of last year muck it up than see these tired titans of titular tradition and terror. At least let them muck it up until we begin finding young, cheap and tough hombres whose motors are always running and who don't spend all the time in rehab.

We need to rebuild the defense. Period. Point flank.

Do not look to the past Jerra. Look inward and then to the future with youngsters who will redefine you and Dallas Cowboys football.

Just remember: Journeymen if you want them are all over the FA market. Ours are too aged, greedy and expensive and fragile. So let them go, Jerra. Let them go like an old man lets cold soup go at the automat.

Again, because of mein astute logic I am overcome with emotion that I cannot continue. Also, "Cops Reloaded" is showing the episode of the stolen car with cats inside, so i half to go.

AGREE....time to ***NOT-ALLOWED***. Total rebuild is needed. Add Austin to that list as well. Gotta get younger and better. Last year's draft was a solid start.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
He missed 3 games in 9 years. played in a lot of games hurt. yet he get's rewarded with this. while a guy like Shawn Lee (who can't stay on the field)get's a new contract.and people wonder why Ware feels disrespected and won't take a pay cut. Maybe it's not about the money. maybe it's about getting away from Jerry and going to a winning team. you think?

Awwwwwww, poor baby. It's a business, Lee got paid less than he would have had he been healthy. In no way has the organization disrespected Ware.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Oh.....now I understand thank you for the interpretation.
giphy.gif

You are so welcome. Anything I can do to heighten you're understanding.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Awwwwwww, poor baby. It's a business, Lee got paid less than he would have had he been healthy. In no way has the organization disrespected Ware.

I'd say Jones intimating at the Combine that he has "barely played the last two years" when he only missed a few games in 2013 as a bit of a slight.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Haha.

Ok, guess the Washington finale counts where he showed up missing tackle after tackle, same goes for the Saints game where he "started" but missed most the game or any number of games over the past few seasons where he took himself out.

I think his commitment further showed loud and clear when he decided to get surgery after a trip on the slopes even though he said he could barely move his shoulder jeopardizing his ability to make the start of camp.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
I'd say Jones intimating at the Combine that he has "barely played the last two years" when he only missed a few games in 2013 as a bit of a slight.

Jones is right, Ware might have been physically present for all but a few games, but he disappeared in almost every important game the team has played in 2012 and '13. Forget games, most of these guys can play through pain, how many snaps has the guy missed?

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh absolutely. It's unreal how many people have dumped him already.

It's pure goofiness.. I just smh at it all.

Ware's been a good/great player for this team and he was rewarded handsomely for it. Now the team wants to reduce his salary based on diminishing returns and projected future play. It happens to everyone in the NFL.

I got no issue with the team wanting to reduce his salary, but I also have no issue with Ware saying no or not wanting his pay to be reduced to what the team wants. It's all part of the negotiations. First one blinks and the deal is done.

Hawk

Reaction score
There are a lot of considerations here, cutting Ware today creates instant money and big relief in 1216, and 1217.

June 1st cut creates more money and less of a cap hit this year in his dead money.

Now for the CBA experts here, I believe its in the contract you can spend over the cap after you designate your June 1st cuts. So looks to me Ware really doesn't have a leg to stand on here.

He knows his value will be down by June1st he needs out there while teams have money.

So really which is the right business decision...I have not read one media idiot who has told the whole story at all. They are just trying to make JJ the bad guy as usual.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Jones is right, Ware might have been physically present for all but a few games, but he disappeared in almost every important game the team has played in 2012 and '13. Forget games, most of these guys can play through pain, how many snaps has the guy missed?

So, help me understand. Jay Ratliff can all out steal money, gets praised even as he is walking out the door. Ware? Well, he needs to perform up to his contract that last time I checked, was drawn up by Cap Genius Stephen. Got it.