Ware Release: has the Organization Changed? ***Ware Mega Merge-place all Ware threads here please***

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
It's pure goofiness.. I just smh at it all.

Ware's been a good/great player for this team and he was rewarded handsomely for it. Now the team wants to reduce his salary based on diminishing returns and projected future play. It happens to everyone in the NFL.

I got no issue with the team wanting to reduce his salary, but I also have no issue with Ware saying no or not wanting his pay to be reduced to what the team wants. It's all part of the negotiations. First one blinks and the deal is done.

I don't think either blinks. Obviously the Cowboys cant carry him at the current cap number. That's not going to change. I believe Ware would've budged by now if he were willing to take a cut. I could be wrong, but he obviously is ready to move on, which is fine. i don't fault either side. Time to move on for both parties.

Dwight

Reaction score
I have been trying to tell folks this. this may not be about the money with Ware. maybe he will take less money to have a chance to win with a good playoff type team.

Last week Adam Schein, from Sirius Radio, mentioned the same thing that you and I are discussing. I believe Ware wants out. Can't blame him with the way this football team is structured. It's a circus in Dallas.

cowboyvic

Reaction score
After Ware is gone. who else is Jerry, Garrett and Romo going to blame for the losing? people are going to find out quick that Ware was not the reason this defense was so bad.and not the reason the Cowboys are losing. who you going to blame next?

Sonny Koufax

Reaction score
Last week Adam Schein, from Sirius Radio, mentioned the same thing that you and I are discussing. I believe Ware wants out. Can't blame him with the way this football team is structured. It's a circus in Dallas.

Not questioning anything in your post, but I just wanted to point out that I hate Adam Schein. Miss having NFL radio, but I can not stand that blowhard.

cowboyvic

Reaction score
+1000. very good post. and i don't blame Ware one bit if he feels this way about it.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
If Ware does not give in just maybe he prefers to leave the Organization due to the team not being a Super Bowl Contender. I can't blame him. Why take a pay cut knowing that Dallas may not make the playoffs. He may not say this but deep down I feel he prefers to leave and play for a contender due to his current actions.

And Ware is one reason this team has been in a championship drought. He need only look in the mirror. How about a big time play in a big situation? Not enough of those critical plays from a player making this type of coin.

Dwight

Reaction score
Not questioning anything in your post, but I just wanted to point out that I hate Adam Schein. Miss having NFL radio, but I can not stand that blowhard.

I understand your dislike for Adam Schien; however, he tells the truth about our favorite team. The truth hurts sometimes.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
Not sure why cutting him is considered a threat. If Ware is cut, he'll still win in the end, because all it takes is one team with a plethora of cash, and Ware will be back amongst the elite in salary. He wins if the team cuts him today when FA begins. He loses if they hold onto him with no end in sight.

His injury history and penchant for being a one trick pony speed rusher that overruns his lane consistently will prevent a big payday.

alicetooljam

Reaction score
After Ware is gone. who else is Jerry, Garrett and Romo going to blame for the losing? people are going to find out quick that Ware was not the reason this defense was so bad.and not the reason the Cowboys are losing. who you going to blame next?

I dont think anyone is blaming him for losing (I dont), just that hes too overpriced at current contract...

cowboyvic

Reaction score
His injury history and penchant for being a one trick pony speed rusher that overruns his lane consistently will prevent a big payday.
Darren Connolly IV ‏@DConnollyNFL 3s
#Bears favorites to land Demarcus Ware if released from #Cowboys #NFLFreeAgency Ware will have no problem getting another job.and there will be a lot more teams that want DWare.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
#Bears favorites to land Demarcus Ware if released from #Cowboys #NFLFreeAgency Ware will have no problem getting another job.and there will be a lot more teams that want DWare.

Getting the job is no problem. Getting it at $16 mil per year is the problem.

Wood

Reaction score

I actually think Chicago would be good fit for Ware.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What are his opinions on salary negotiations?

Hes didnt have one...he just said at this juncture in Wares career its better for him to be in a 3-4 and that both parties should part ways...
Wasn't referring to the quote. Maybe I should clarify that his own personal history of annual negotiating through the media for a raise soured me on caring about anything he has to say re: player negotiations.

Still liked him as a player..

birdwells1

Reaction score
Wasn't referring to the quote. Maybe I should clarify that his own personal history of annual negotiating through the media for a raise soured me on caring about anything he has to say re: player negotiations.

Still liked him as a player..

oh ok