Ware Release: has the Organization Changed? ***Ware Mega Merge-place all Ware threads here please***

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
So, would you rather have Julius Peppers or Jared Allen as Ware's replacement?

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
sad I wasted 30 seconds even reading part of this

Next time, use the following and save the time...

http://i18.***BLOCKED***/albums/b133/BrAinPaiNt/didnt-read-lol-gif-6_zps7861d8ea.gif

Hoofbite

Reaction score
The Cowboys gain 7.4M in cap space if he is cut immediately. If he retired they would gain the same amount and possible more if they forced him to repay some of the signing bonus.

Ware has no leverage over the Cowboys. They do have leverage over him in that they could keep him into the summer and then cut him at which point most or all teams would have spent their free agent budget.

Jerry doesn't sandbag players like that. It would be a first as far as I'm concerned.

Also, would they force a repayment now that Dallas is beyond the proration period of the bonus?

theSHOW

Reaction score
I had this epifany the other day while waiting for the double-skin butane tank to be rewelded: Why the angst over Ware, Spencer and Hatcher?

Are we 3 journeymen away from the Super Bowl?
Are we like convinced that age trumps youth?
Do we like spending relatively big bucks (even at reduced salaries) on the proven so-so athletes of this world?
Are we so happy with the results from the past two years that we NEED these three August gentlemens to again anchor our front line?
Do the names Ware, Hatcher and Spencer inspire so mush respect that they will one day be on our Mt. Rushmore of Cowboys?

Nein!
Nein! I say to all off the above.

If history has taught us anything it is to avoid land wars we constantly lose and to avoid sticking with what wont work.
Today and the days ahead will tell us a lot of what direction we is going.
My bet is that Jerra will keep one of them: Spencer and Hatch at a cut-rate salary.
But that aint good.
Do a clean sweep. I'd rathe see the defense of last year muck it up than see these tired titans of titular tradition and terror. At least let them muck it up until we begin finding young, cheap and tough hombres whose motors are always running and who don't spend all the time in rehab.

We need to rebuild the defense. Period. Point flank.

Do not look to the past Jerra. Look inward and then to the future with youngsters who will redefine you and Dallas Cowboys football.

Just remember: Journeymen if you want them are all over the FA market. Ours are too aged, greedy and expensive and fragile. So let them go, Jerra. Let them go like an old man lets cold soup go at the automat.

Again, because of mein astute logic I am overcome with emotion that I cannot continue. Also, "Cops Reloaded" is showing the episode of the stolen car with cats inside, so i half to go.

1198.gif

texbumthelife

Reaction score

cowboyvic

Reaction score
Looks to me like Ware is telling Jerry to cut him so he can go some where and have a chance to win.and i do not blame him one bit. maybe this is not about the money to Ware(he has already made a ton of money) maybe it is a way to get out of Jerry, Garrett and Romo losing hell hole. i wish Ware the very best where ever he goes. he is good people.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
The OP is right on most of what they said. The reality is this defensive line has always been the bane of our defense. It always starts up front and they haven't gotten the job done. It's time to start over.

If you reboot the defensive line, you reboot the defense. If you reboot the defense, you reboot this team.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Boy, Ware's agent is working the media hard to get this message out.

Too bad it means nothing. Only way Dallas does this is if they are going to try to make a couple of significant signings.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Looks to me like Ware is telling Jerry to cut him so he can go some where and have a chance to win.and i do not blame him one bit. maybe this is not about the money to Ware(he has already made a ton of money) maybe it is a way to get out of Jerry, Garrett and Romo losing hell hole. i wish Ware the very best where ever he goes. he is good people.

Well maybe he should play more often, show up in big games and become the solution rather than part of the problem?

theSHOW

Reaction score
The OP is right on most of what they said. The reality is this defensive line has always been the bane of our defense. It always starts up front and they haven't gotten the job done. It's time to start over.

If you reboot the defensive line, you reboot the defense. If you reboot the defense, you reboot this team.

Oh.....now I understand thank you for the interpretation.
giphy.gif