Ware Release: has the Organization Changed? ***Ware Mega Merge-place all Ware threads here please***

Wood

Reaction score
well it doesn't help that Jerry throws money around like no other team in football in a show of loyalty to current players. Ware knows it...his agent knows and the entire NFL knows it. There is zero incentive to ever give Jerry Jones a financial break.

rojan

Reaction score
I'm sorry. Is that contract even tradeable?

No.

But hey, we are low on ware threads.

Well considering that he has been our best player for the better part of a decade, I can understand all the Ware threads.

And I think Ware realizes that he will be playing next year on a new contract. If he doesn't want it to be here then I think we should try to trade him and he can sign a new contract with his new team

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Simply put, you don't seem to know what it takes to trade a player and the implications of it.

supercowboy8

Reaction score
I dunno..Maybe is doesn't see us as being competitive and wants to win a Superbowl, prefers the 3-4, doesn't have faith in our medical staff, ect.

Just want to say that this sucks! The Steelers found a way to keep Palamolou(sp?) in Pittsburgh..I'm gonna be rattled tomorrow if Ware is released

But Pitt has let porter and now Woodley walk. Just part of the game.

Nirvana

Reaction score
That trade would be contingent upon Ware's willingness to sign a new contract with that team. He would rather test the open market.

rojan

Reaction score
That trade would be contingent upon Ware's willingness to sign a new contract with that team. He would rather test the open market.

But would he want to wait until June 1st to become a free agent?

Nirvana

Reaction score
But would he want to wait until June 1st to become a free agent?

He'd still get a better offer in June than he would on the kind of trade you are proposing. If the Bears wanted him, for example, Ware would get a better offer from them in June than he would in a "sign and trade." The Bears would have to compete with other teams who are also making offers.

rojan

Reaction score
He'd still get a better offer in June than he would on the kind of trade you are proposing. If the Bears wanted him, for example, Ware would get a better offer from them in June than he would in a "sign and trade." The Bears would have to compete with other teams who are also making offers.

ya but after the free agency period and the draft, the amount of teams interested will drop drastically.

If we allow him to seek a trade, he can still have teams bidding for his services.

Nirvana

Reaction score
ya but after the free agency period and the draft, the amount of teams interested will drop drastically.

If we allow him to seek a trade, he can still have teams bidding for his services.

And those teams know they could wait it out and not have to give up a draft pick. The proof is that it has not happened, and won't.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
And those teams know they could wait it out and not have to give up a draft pick. The proof is that it has not happened, and won't.

if we traded him:

1. what would the cap implications be?
2. name ANY team who would take him?
3. what would we expect in return?

people lob out generic terms like this and get all butthurt when someone tries to enforce reality upon it. i'd be MORE than willing to listen to a trade scenario that wasn't just butt-nugget stupid and blind of contracts, cap, money and reality.

yet to see one of those.

Hoofbite

Reaction score

I think they would just take over the contract so a new deal may not be necessary. It's usually a part of the deal but rarely are players traded with a bunch of time left.

I think the bigger thing is nobody wants to trade for something they think they can get without sending a draft pick.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
I think they would just take over the contract so a new deal may not be necessary. It's usually a part of the deal but rarely are players traded with a bunch of time left.

I think the bigger thing is nobody wants to trade for something they think they can get without sending a draft pick.

or take on a contract we don't even seem to want to pay.