Ware Release: has the Organization Changed? ***Ware Mega Merge-place all Ware threads here please***

Nirvana

Reaction score
Looked like you said the agent would be wise to advise free agency to start a bidding war.

Or am I mistaken?

I said the agent would advise Ware not to take a proposed trade and new deal with a team, as opposed to being released and being a free agent to get the best deal on the open market. And like I said before, the proof that a team won't trade for Ware is that it has not happened, and will not happen. He'll either be cut or will take a pay cut.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Lets see...all we need now is someone to come in and bash Jason and maybe Brandon Carr and we're all set.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
The Official #WareWatch2014 CowboysZone Threadstravaganza

DeMarcus-Ware.jpg

Got a Ware update? Thinking of starting a new thread? Help out the moderation team and post it here!​

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
I'm not speaking about who Atlanta could have drafted. I'm speaking of who they let go and had a worst defense. We could get worst. Imagine having a DE that only gets 2-3 sacks a season. But yes Ware did deserve his contact and earned it year in and year out and why people want him gone like he put up numbers in a phantom year is beyond me.

The reason is the money and our cap situation. I brought up Atlanta to point out that cutting Abraham wasn't the sole reason their D got worse, it's a combination of things.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
Are we watching to see if he is offsides at a critical juncture of the game or is getting a sack in the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd quarter?

basstapp

Reaction score
us trading ware and ware finding a team are (2) very different scenarios. w/what bennett signed for, ware lost a lot of leverage.

period.

but plug madden in and have a day dude. i'm out.

I think the Bennett deal helped the cowboys if anything. Bennett is a lot younger and has been more consistent the last two years. He one a super-bowl and probably played for what of the better defenses in this decade. He also took a hometown discount to stay in Seattle. I think that Ware will take a paycut and stay with the Cowboys. Trading him in not going to happen and it doesn't make sense for him to skip out of down for 1-2 million more for another team at this point in his career.

birdwells1

Reaction score
Anyone think we will have the final answer on Ware by Tuesday? Because if we do not then it seems to me that we are gearing up for 2015. Probably the right thing to do as it would indicate that the brain trust realizes this is not a one off-season fix. Which would further indicate they will draft best player available regardless of position. And that should give us hope we are finally headed in the right direction.

If the decision comes tomorrow, then you have to assume we are targeting someone at the start of F.A.

I like this long term strategy, to me you have to look at the landscape, the NFC West probably has 3 teams that are better than us, the NFC South has 1 maybe 2, the East has 1 maybe 2, and the Central has 2 maybe 3. With the rate of roster turnover, these teams won't be on top for long so if you prepare your team to make a run in '15-'17 I think that may put you ahead of the game.

theSHOW

Reaction score
Well considering that he has been our best player for the better part of a decade, I can understand all the Ware threads.

And I think Ware realizes that he will be playing next year on a new contract. If he doesn't want it to be here then I think we should try to trade him and he can sign a new contract with his new team

I put higher value on Jeff Heath

dcstands4

Reaction score
The reason is the money and our cap situation. I brought up Atlanta to point out that cutting Abraham wasn't the sole reason their D got worse, it's a combination of things.

Yeah like it was horrible from the start