Ware Release: has the Organization Changed? ***Ware Mega Merge-place all Ware threads here please***

cheftjpeck

Reaction score
There isn't a negotiating deadline on cowboys part at all.. However unless of a Hail Mary pass .. Ware will probably be free agent in hours... 94%

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Gut feeling is that he'll be kept at his current rate, much to the chagrin of fans here.

Wish he would take a pay cut or move on. And I like him.

However the evil side in me would find it funny if he put out on twitter that they told him they were going to put the franchise tag on him just to mess with fans.

Yes I know they can't...before someone wigs out.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Gut feeling is that he'll be kept at his current rate, much to the chagrin of fans here.

I don't believe he's going to be kept at his current rate, but I also believe they're in no hurry either. Team has all the leverage, even if they can't do much in FA without his help.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I had this epifany the other day while waiting for the double-skin butane tank to be rewelded: Why the angst over Ware, Spencer and Hatcher?

Are we 3 journeymen away from the Super Bowl?
Are we like convinced that age trumps youth?
Do we like spending relatively big bucks (even at reduced salaries) on the proven so-so athletes of this world?
Are we so happy with the results from the past two years that we NEED these three August gentlemens to again anchor our front line?
Do the names Ware, Hatcher and Spencer inspire so mush respect that they will one day be on our Mt. Rushmore of Cowboys?

Nein!
Nein! I say to all off the above.

If history has taught us anything it is to avoid land wars we constantly lose and to avoid sticking with what wont work.
Today and the days ahead will tell us a lot of what direction we is going.
My bet is that Jerra will keep one of them: Spencer and Hatch at a cut-rate salary.
But that aint good.
Do a clean sweep. I'd rathe see the defense of last year muck it up than see these tired titans of titular tradition and terror. At least let them muck it up until we begin finding young, cheap and tough hombres whose motors are always running and who don't spend all the time in rehab.

We need to rebuild the defense. Period. Point flank.

Do not look to the past Jerra. Look inward and then to the future with youngsters who will redefine you and Dallas Cowboys football.

Just remember: Journeymen if you want them are all over the FA market. Ours are too aged, greedy and expensive and fragile. So let them go, Jerra. Let them go like an old man lets cold soup go at the automat.

Again, because of mein astute logic I am overcome with emotion that I cannot continue. Also, "Cops Reloaded" is showing the episode of the stolen car with cats inside, so i half to go.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
I don't believe he's going to be kept at his current rate, but I also believe they're in no hurry either. Team has all the leverage, even if they can't do much in FA without his help.

They can if they restructure a few more contracts. They don't need to release him, rip up his current deal, or restructure him.

Keyword: need.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
If Ware will take a decent pay cut, the Cowboys should keep him. Austin is histOry.

I'm not sure there is a realistic pay cut worth Keeping Ware on the team. It would have to be an extremely deep one.

chicago JK

Reaction score
I can understand why Ware wants a decision and I am fine with him making this statement. At the same time, Dallas doesn't need to make a decision now. It is business. If they want to delay their decision for a few weeks until free agency settles down, i am just fine with this. With them being under the cap and unlikely to jump into free agency at the start, they hold some leverage now.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I can understand why Ware wants a decision and I am fine with him making this statement. At the same time, Dallas doesn't need to make a decision now. It is business. If they want to delay their decision for a few weeks until free agency settles down, i am just fine with this. With them being under the cap and unlikely to jump into free agency at the start, they hold some leverage now.

They should do this. But chances are they likely will not. Jerry Jones is such a nice guy, he will let him go.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
I'm not sure there is a realistic pay cut worth Keeping Ware on the team. It would have to be an extremely deep one.

I don't think so. $12.25M is too much for any pass-rusher. The deal was never constructed in a way that would pay that much -- it was built as a restructure-friendly contract.

However, we've run into some unpredictable circumstances like his health and the needs at other positions on the team.

I think the team would be more willing to just roll with it if Ware was 28, but him being on the north side of 30 means that due diligence needs to be done.

Thing is, it doesn't matter if Ware is released prior to or after the draft. Cap hit will be the same, free cap space next year will be the same.

Obviously they would like to get him to take the reduction, stay as a proven veteran, help the transition on the defensive line, and all of that...but that might not be the right move for the organization.

I just wish people could have these conversations about the business side of the game without being completely disrespectful and idiotic about it, but it's the internet.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Calvin Watkins ‏@calvinwatkins now
Sounds like Ware is trying to force cowboys into making a decision.

The Dallas Cowboys and DeMarcus Ware are headed towards a serious evaluation of his standing in the organization.

Ed Werder is reporting that Ware has requested and given the Cowboys a 4pm EST ultimatum for them to decide what they want to do with him.

Ed Werder ✔ @Edwerderespn
Follow

DeMarcus Ware has requested the Cowboys decide future before start of free agency signing period today at 4 ET. Unsure of Cowboys response

8:49 AM - 11 Mar 2014

Ware knows good and well that teams will be lining up to sign him once the signing period begins in a few hours. Ware is a seven-time Pro Bowler who developed into one of the game’s best defenders. No player in Cowboys history has collected more sacks.

Time is ticking.

Read more at http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2...ys-a-4pm-est-ultimatum-2/#XsC3RT3ov6e9MJCz.99

cheftjpeck

Reaction score
Calvin Watkins ‏@calvinwatkins now
Sounds like Ware is trying to force cowboys into making a decision.

The Dallas Cowboys and DeMarcus Ware are headed towards a serious evaluation of his standing in the organization.

Ed Werder is reporting that Ware has requested and given the Cowboys a 4pm EST ultimatum for them to decide what they want to do with him.

Ed Werder ✔ @Edwerderespn
Follow

DeMarcus Ware has requested the Cowboys decide future before start of free agency signing period today at 4 ET. Unsure of Cowboys response

8:49 AM - 11 Mar 2014

Ware knows good and well that teams will be lining up to sign him once the signing period begins in a few hours. Ware is a seven-time Pro Bowler who developed into one of the game’s best defenders. No player in Cowboys history has collected more sacks.

Time is ticking.

Read more at http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2...ys-a-4pm-est-ultimatum-2/#XsC3RT3ov6e9MJCz.99
What Ware wants is totally irrelevant .. He is under contract and Dallas is under the cap.. Dallas can drag their feet until this summer if they would want to ..
They probably will not though but Ware giving an ultimatum (if true) is a complete joke

Gameover

Reaction score
I don't get attached to players, especially players I don't like.