Ware Release: has the Organization Changed? ***Ware Mega Merge-place all Ware threads here please***

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Efficiently run a franchise following a particular blueprint and philosophy. As opposed to the spinning the Jerruh wheel and seeing where it lands.

Cheat. And then never win a Super Bowl without cheating, and get beat not once, but twice by Eli Manning?

CrownCowboy

Reaction score
What Ware wants is totally irrelevant .. He is under contract and Dallas is under the cap.. Dallas can drag their feet until this summer if they would want to ..
They probably will not though but Ware giving an ultimatum (if true) is a complete joke

Exactly right.

Dallas can to do anything it wants right now as Ware is under contract.

This is business, and shouldn't be personal to the Cowboys. I realize that Ware has to do what is beneficial to him and if the Cowboys do decide to part ways, then it would be good for Ware to be available at 4pm today.

Considering his cap hit and his plethora of injuries, I'd call him now and tell him that he will be released.

Rockytop6

Reaction score
Mostly w/o knowing the questions!

This is a good one. You have to know the questions before you can supply the answers. I know we fans know some of the questions, yet, I'm sure there are other questions we do not know. It might appear that the questions are very simplistic, but that in effect is admitting we don't know all the questions.

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
Cheat. And then never win a Super Bowl without cheating, and get beat not once, but twice by Eli Manning?

Cameras or no cameras - they are still a model franchise that is routinely in contention based on how their organization is ran.

The complete opposite of the situation in Dallas.

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
The main reason we lost to the G's in that playoff game!

People blame the Crayton drops and the Ware offsides (was still a bad call btw).

But the real culprit was Jacques Reeves, he was routinely getting beaten by a drum for first down after first down. They were targetting him and we couldn't get their offense off the field when it mattered most. Throw in a few bad calls, a Crayton walk in TD drop, and the 'pull up' on the 3rd down throw late - and it's no wonder why we lost that game.

morasp

Reaction score
I'm trying to remember were teams lining up to sign Freeney when the Colts let him go?

SDCowboy

Reaction score
Calvin Watkins ‏@calvinwatkins now
Sounds like Ware is trying to force cowboys into making a decision.

The Dallas Cowboys and DeMarcus Ware are headed towards a serious evaluation of his standing in the organization.

Ed Werder is reporting that Ware has requested and given the Cowboys a 4pm EST ultimatum for them to decide what they want to do with him.

Ed Werder ✔ @Edwerderespn
Follow

DeMarcus Ware has requested the Cowboys decide future before start of free agency signing period today at 4 ET. Unsure of Cowboys response

8:49 AM - 11 Mar 2014

Ware knows good and well that teams will be lining up to sign him once the signing period begins in a few hours. Ware is a seven-time Pro Bowler who developed into one of the game’s best defenders. No player in Cowboys history has collected more sacks.

Time is ticking.

Read more at http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2...ys-a-4pm-est-ultimatum-2/#XsC3RT3ov6e9MJCz.99

The decision is an easy one then. Cya...

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
I'm sure this has been discussed in some thread, so I apologize in advance but what if Ware were to take a cut to around 7.5million and agree to a deal to another team? What sort of hit on the cap are we talking? Or would the same savings be realized if Dallas chooses this route?

In my opinion this would be the ideal solution as it would presumably allow for Ware to go to a team employing the 3-4 defense and Dallas the chance to trade him away from the NFC East while maybe freeing cap space.

Texan_Eph89

Reaction score
Do the names Ware, Hatcher and Spencer inspire so mush respect that they will one day be on our Mt. Rushmore of Cowboys?

Nein!
Nein! I say to all off the above.

No to all of them?

Look, Hatcher and Spenser won't be in the Ring of Honor, but Ware will one day.
Regardless of what happens this offseason, Ware will be on there; he has cowboys records under his belt.

Only one player has reached 100+ sacks faster than Ware, his name was Reggie White. He turned out alright.

Should Ware take a paycut, yes. That said, he's done a lot for this team over the years.

slick325

Reaction score
I'm trying to remember were teams lining up to sign Freeney when the Colts let him go?

To be fair, Freeney is two years older than DWare and his decline was more rapid. Thus, teams weren't lining up for his services.

Since 2010, Freeney has posted: 2010 10 sacks; 2011 8.5 sacks; 2012 5 sacks and 2013 half a sack.

Ware in that same timespan posted: 2010 15.5 sacks; 2011 19.5 sacks; 2012 11.5 sacks and 2013 6 sacks.

No one knows whether last season was the start of Ware's collapse due to chronic injuries or due to isolated injuries. My thought is that the league and the Boys look at last season as an aberration due to isolated injuries since Ware had never missed games until last season. There would be a lot of interest in Ware if he hits the market.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
ware was
A)cut
B)paycut or
C) restructured

What you got?

B) Im going paycut.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm sure this has been discussed in some thread, so I apologize in advance but what if Ware were to take a cut to around 7.5million and agree to a deal to another team? What sort of hit on the cap are we talking? Or would the same savings be realized if Dallas chooses this route?

In my opinion this would be the ideal solution as it would presumably allow for Ware to go to a team employing the 3-4 defense and Dallas the chance to trade him away from the NFC East while maybe freeing cap space.

8.5M if he is traded regardless of whether he take a pay cut.

If he is going to agree to a significant pay cut, then the Cowboys will just keep him. If he does not agree to a pay cut, then no team would trade for him. He's probably not going to agree to a pay cut in order to get traded. He can just force the Cowboys to cut him and then go to the team of his choice and possibly get more money than he would by taking a pay cut.