Ware Release: has the Organization Changed? ***Ware Mega Merge-place all Ware threads here please***

burmafrd

Reaction score
I had this epifany the other day while waiting for the double-skin butane tank to be rewelded: Why the angst over Ware, Spencer and Hatcher?

Are we 3 journeymen away from the Super Bowl?
Are we like convinced that age trumps youth?
Do we like spending relatively big bucks (even at reduced salaries) on the proven so-so athletes of this world?
Are we so happy with the results from the past two years that we NEED these three August gentlemens to again anchor our front line?
Do the names Ware, Hatcher and Spencer inspire so mush respect that they will one day be on our Mt. Rushmore of Cowboys?

Nein!
Nein! I say to all off the above.

If history has taught us anything it is to avoid land wars we constantly lose and to avoid sticking with what wont work.
Today and the days ahead will tell us a lot of what direction we is going.
My bet is that Jerra will keep one of them: Spencer and Hatch at a cut-rate salary.
But that aint good.
Do a clean sweep. I'd rathe see the defense of last year muck it up than see these tired titans of titular tradition and terror. At least let them muck it up until we begin finding young, cheap and tough hombres whose motors are always running and who don't spend all the time in rehab.

We need to rebuild the defense. Period. Point flank.

Do not look to the past Jerra. Look inward and then to the future with youngsters who will redefine you and Dallas Cowboys football.

Just remember: Journeymen if you want them are all over the FA market. Ours are too aged, greedy and expensive and fragile. So let them go, Jerra. Let them go like an old man lets cold soup go at the automat.

Again, because of mein astute logic I am overcome with emotion that I cannot continue. Also, "Cops Reloaded" is showing the episode of the stolen car with cats inside, so i half to go.

sad I wasted 30 seconds even reading part of this

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Let him go. its the smart thing to do for both sides - obviously a happy medium can not be met.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
This tandem produced (Spencer exception) one of the worst D's in league history. But fans are saying we shouldn't rid of this same talent? Ware seems to be decreasing production while injuries side track him from ever being 100%. Why would that change as he grows a year older? I love Ware too, jsut care for the Cowboys future more. 15 million (clean) off the books in 2015 if cut this off season.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
So stupid.

Breaking news. Just wait for us to tell you after we bait you back from the commercial break

On, were back. DeMarcus was seen at the grocery store. Read into that however you like.

visionary

Reaction score
given the collective intellect of those involved in the negotiations from the cowboys organization, i am almost afraid to ask

visionary

Reaction score
So stupid.

Breaking news. Just wait for us to tell you after we bait you back from the commercial break

On, were back. DeMarcus was seen at the grocery store. Read into that however you like.

easy

if he was at the grocery store, he obviously has money to spend so is not taking a paycut

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Its a media trick to get people to start ANOTHER new thread

Nirvana

Reaction score
Per NFLN just now talks are at a standstill, Ware "resistive" to pay cut Cowboys want.

My gut says no decision made today.

cowboyvic

Reaction score
Great, so even if we are able to keep him, he will be PO'd ala the great Jeremiah.
Yes he will be pissed. and i don't blame him. this franchise has been turned over to Tony Romo. he get's all the money and power. while others take a pay cut. if they cut Ware, it would be the best thing that could happen for him. he could go to a top team for less money, but have a chance to win a championship.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Please do not start NEW threads about big news that might be coming out on a radio station.

If they announce big news...start a thread describing what the big news is and by big news I mean they have cut him or renegotiated the contract.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
What if he decides to retire? If I'm Ware.....And I really want to be a free agent...I tell Jerry if you don't work something out by 2pm today. I retire

Nirvana

Reaction score
Greg Ellis is on the phone, asked about Ware, can he still do it? Yes he can, but should be used as situational pass rusher, not every down. Explains how OTs are heavier than you and at that age body won't hold up. He says in a 3-4 he could be every down player. He was concerned for Ware when they switched to a 4-3. When Ellis played as 3-4 OLB it was a breeze physically, doesn't compare to 4-3 DE. (Very emphatic about this.)