We have the chance to pick the best defensive player in the draft

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Aven8, Apr 20, 2021.

1. blueblood70

blueblood70 Well-Known Member

17,550 Messages
    12,485 Likes Received
    parsons or surtain

Bullflop likes this.
  2. RonnieT24

RonnieT24 Well-Known Member

3,061 Messages
    3,985 Likes Received
    This is a fair point however I think we can all agree that the draft process is continually evolving and that players are getting more and more scrutinized than ever before .. It also bears starting that every year when you see a player have success that opens the door for the next wave of players "like him" to get consideration. QBs who look like Dan Marino doesn't last to 27 anymore and Dan Marino himself is the biggest reason for it.. DBs who look like Ed Reed aren't sticking around to #24 because of Ed Reed.. If a backer looks like Ray Lewis he isn't lasting to 26 because of Ray Lewis. It doesn't always work.. Trent Richardson was drafted in the top 5 specifically because of the similarities to Emmitt. But scouts and coaches are notoriously big on comps.. By the way I agree with you on preferring two picks in the 20s over one at #10.

One thing though is that these last two drafts with the extremely limited access to kids means we are going to see a huge bust factor from these drafts. Though maybe not having the stupid underwear olympics maybe they'll focus on how well they actually play football instead of how good they look in shorts..

3. CowboysWillRise

CowboysWillRise Well-Known Member

13,556 Messages
    19,756 Likes Received
    91 messages in and he's policing where threads go. Why some people care is beyond me.

Aven8 and jazzcat22 like this.
  4. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

19,613 Messages
    26,024 Likes Received
    And still right where I put it. ;)

Techsass and CowboysWillRise like this.
  5. aria

aria Well-Known Member

17,543 Messages
    16,790 Likes Received
    I’ve been every year that you always go with BPA so I would draft Smith and laugh and laugh and laugh because always taking the BPA is dumb as hell.

kskboys likes this.
  6. brooksey1

brooksey1 Well-Known Member

4,121 Messages
    3,906 Likes Received
    Parsons, Horn or Barmore

DakPresgoat likes this.
  7. JoeKing

JoeKing Diehard Zone Supporter

25,989 Messages
    22,432 Likes Received
    Having the chance to do something doesn't mean we should.

8. JoeKing

JoeKing Diehard Zone Supporter

25,989 Messages
    22,432 Likes Received
    Who is the best defensive player in the draft? After that interview that the Cowboy's FO did with Jaycee Horn, they may be thinking it's him.

9. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

55,561 Messages
    19,601 Likes Received
    It's simple for me. Pitts is a can't miss and the other guys you all are drooling over ARE. I take the sure thing and run. Something has to be dominant on this team, and right now, that's the offense.

10. shabazz

shabazz Well-Known Member

5,368 Messages
    9,199 Likes Received
    Speaking of knuckle dragging, of course the “Dak First” fans want to draft offense. The “ends” is to boost Dakotas personal stats and then blame the losses on a neglected defense

Ergo, the ends justifies the means. This anointing of Dakota is clearly personal and the teams success is secondary

blueblood70 likes this.
  11. RonnieT24

RonnieT24 Well-Known Member

3,061 Messages
    3,985 Likes Received

Man the butthurt over Dak being signed when so many predicted it would never happen is absolutely boundless.

DakPresgoat and chagus like this.
  12. chagus

chagus Well-Known Member

2,090 Messages
    2,048 Likes Received
    Are freegin' serious, man?! A conspiracy to boost stats and have a preconceived excuse for failure? A conspiracy?!?

LOL!!

Wow... just wow. I think i just read the stupidest thing I have EVER read on this forum.

Might get a warning for this... totally worth it.

13. chagus

chagus Well-Known Member

2,090 Messages
    2,048 Likes Received
    Its INSANE. Im literally shaking my head in awe of this.

14. Melonfeud

Melonfeud I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.

21,983 Messages
    33,155 Likes Received
    *,,,Er,,,& how did that work out in the long game fer' T-Rex the Terrible Lizard?,,Eh?o_O

:lmao:

Typhus and Bullflop like this.
  15. Bullflop

Bullflop Well-Known Member

19,335 Messages
    23,666 Likes Received
    Listening to Surtain speak, then Horn and one senses a gap in their smarts. Surtain's pretty sharp. Horn, meh! It matters. :grin:

Last edited: Apr 25, 2021
    Techsass, Melonfeud and Aven8 like this.
  16. fansince68

fansince68 Well-Known Member

2,640 Messages
    1,906 Likes Received
    He is the best player at a position of "dire" need for this team. I think BPA not QB, RB, WR. I think that even without Gallop our WR corps will be fine in the long run.

17. blueblood70

blueblood70 Well-Known Member

17,550 Messages
    12,485 Likes Received
    sometimes a DOG is needed for team with no identity on that side of the ball.. Horns a football player not professor homie.

we need more dogs then we need this clean cut school yard culture around here, what was garrets old line" the right guys" ..F all that give me a football player with attitude and confidence..

ill take either but dont discount attitude, confidence and football instincts for not being football smart..

ask Charles haley few questions, sure you dont want him on your debate team but you want him on your defense thats for sure..

Techsass, Melonfeud and Bullflop like this.
  18. shabazz

shabazz Well-Known Member

5,368 Messages
    9,199 Likes Received
    There is no conspiracy. My reference was to the post mentioning the knuckle dragging fans that want to amass more offensive players

Yes, stupidity exists but it pertains to people that post comments without fully comprehending the context of comments made..........comprende?

You're one of those guys that wears a mask while driving alone in your care, aren’t ya

Melonfeud likes this.
  19. Bullflop

Bullflop Well-Known Member

19,335 Messages
    23,666 Likes Received
    I'm certain the staff and those actually relevant in the Dallas organization will judge them for themselves.

The 'Boys often choose players with rocks between their ears. Hopefully, they'll make intelligent choices.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2021
    Melonfeud and Aven8 like this.
  20. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

19,613 Messages
    26,024 Likes Received
    Yep. Remember last year? “The D is too complicated”.....sob sob......yet Cleveland, Wash, and Gents all did just fine with new staffs.....

Melonfeud and Bullflop like this.