What are the benefits of this team going to the playoffs?

Discussion in 'Overtime Zone' started by rockj7, Dec 12, 2013.

1. CowboyFan4Eva

CowboyFan4Eva Benched

628 Messages
    237 Likes Received

This is correct and my thoughts exactly. This team needs to rebuild in a serious way......

Nov. having saying that. I don't want the season to end. And that week before the playoffs , getting ready for a playoff game and the anticipation is a lot of fun. At this point in the season, I would like to see that happen,

Who knows, Maybe the team they play has an off day. A whole number of things can happen....and we , MIRACULOUSLY, A win in a playoff game......!!!

If jerry doesn't start rebuilding.....soon, He will have no choice....in a few years.

2. theSHOW

theSHOW Benched

3,491 Messages
    1,146 Likes Received
    I love it I love I love it. We all know our defense is shot with holes but you buy you're lotto ticket anyhow. Go Cowboys! uhhh Somehow! lol

Boyzmamacita likes this.
  3. dragon_mikal

dragon_mikal Fire Garrett

9,167 Messages
    5,489 Likes Received
    If this team had an average defense they'd have 2 more wins and this conversation wouldn't be taking place. The offensive play calling has been suspect like usual but don't try to deflect criticism from a defense that is on pace to be the worst in NFL history.

I mean if Chicago didn't open your eyes you must have them glued shut.

As to the OP...this thread is bad and you should feel bad.

4. Rockport

Rockport AmberBeer Zone Supporter

15,453 Messages
    13,159 Likes Received
    We're not making the playoffs. That's obvious now. I've held out hope until last week. But the coaches have lost the players.
    We're not making the playoffs. That's obvious now. I've held out hope until last week. But the coaches have lost the players. When that happens, it's all downhill. I don't think we'd beat the Packers even without Rogers as the QB. Philly will kill us also.

5. dragon_mikal

9,167 Messages
    5,489 Likes Received
    We'll win the next two because that's what this team does. The next two teams are terrible.

And then they'll face a red hot Nick Foles who'll put up a 50 spot on this trash defense.

6. khiladi

khiladi Well-Known Member

25,246 Messages
    17,334 Likes Received
    It's funny that everybody forgets that while our defense is giving up alot of yards, we are also 3rd in the league in takeaway/giveaway diffential. In 2012, we were 27th in the league. This offense is a joke without the TOs. Man, our offense is just as pathetic if not worse than last year, cause Tony Romo has become a bus driver.

7. dragon_mikal

9,167 Messages
    5,489 Likes Received
    SMH.

Ok...

Hate to break it to you but no QB in the league would've won against the Bears. Not one.

Ask yourself why and wake up from your delusion.

Rockport likes this.
  8. khiladi

25,246 Messages
    17,334 Likes Received
    I'm not blaming Romo... And whose talking about 'just' the Bears? In fact, they are some good evidence of this point. Our defense didn't generate a single TO. We didn't give the ball up either in our conservative game-plan. If this defense isn't generating TOs, our offense ain't doing jack on a regular.

9. Wayne02

Wayne02 Well-Known Member

4,295 Messages
    1,980 Likes Received
    They're maybe closer to the Niners at best and I don't think they're as good on offense or defense as them. The Panthers are not even close to Seattle on defense, up front maybe, but their secondary is below average, with Seattle having the best secondary in the NFL.

10. dragon_mikal

9,167 Messages
    5,489 Likes Received
    Or any team.

This team was doomed the moment Jerry Jones decided this defense and Monte Kiffen was what he was rolling with. The offense hasn't been spectacular but they've been good enough to get this team to the payoffs if they were paired with a defense that belonged on a NFL football field.

11. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

27,177 Messages
    8,652 Likes Received
    apparently there is much enjoyment in reading about and posting about this team.
    that and whining. good lord i dont know what this fan base would if do if they had nothing to cry about.

this thread is pretty easy to understand.
    half the fan base wants to make the playoffs the other half would rather cry for 3 more weeks incessantly and all off-season to boot.

NO ONE expected this team to a win a Super Bowl to start this season.
    Logic dictates somehow that because it can;t do so now it should not even make the playoffs???
    Good lord our school system needs work.

5Stars likes this.
  12. khiladi

25,246 Messages
    17,334 Likes Received
    Oh really? Our defense may be among the last in yardage given up, but it isn't anywhere near that in terms of TOs generated. We aren't even worst in the leaue when it comes to points given up. Being worst in the league in passing yardage ever doesn't mean jack if your not worst in the league in points give up. In fact, if I remeber correctly, ae were middle of the pack until a couple of games ago. Where do you think this offense would be if our defense wasn't producing all these TOs?

13. Plankton

Plankton Well-Known Member

8,649 Messages
    10,638 Likes Received
    As much as I don't think this team would be destined for great things in the playoffs, I would always want to see them make it. That's what these guys play for, and if you are in the playoffs, you always have a punchers chance.

Boyzmamacita likes this.
  14. 17yearsandcounting

17yearsandcounting Benched

2,391 Messages
    1,678 Likes Received
    If we play the hawks i expect another 100 yard passing game
    The Bears...

Who lost to Minnesota and St. Louis

15. Plankton

Plankton Well-Known Member

8,649 Messages
    10,638 Likes Received
    Yes, because the fan experience and outlook are in lock step with how people act and function in real life/death situations.

khiladi likes this.
  16. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

31,113 Messages
    10,952 Likes Received
    So you would rather the Cowboys sit home for the playoffs every year so there's no chance of adding another playoff loss to Romo's resume? He has playoff losses on his resume leading a 13-3 team and an 11-5 team. I would rather add playoff losses to his resume than seasons without making the playoffs. The more playoff chances Romo gets the more battle tested he becomes. Peyton Manning has 11 playoff losses on his resume. It took 20 playoff games for him to win a championship.

17. 17yearsandcounting

17yearsandcounting Benched

2,391 Messages
    1,678 Likes Received
    Give him a break, he is 3 games away from some epic "I told you" threads.

18. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

57,611 Messages
    60,957 Likes Received
    He's been able to sell hope to a great many people, but he's out of time.

More and more of the consumer fanbase are coming around to the truth.

He can't sell 8-8 as 'progress' any longer.

"We're goin' to the end of the line."

khiladi likes this.
  19. dragon_mikal

9,167 Messages
    5,489 Likes Received
    Where do you think the team would be if the defense didn't allow multiple teams this year to score on every single possession?

This defense is atrocious. No pass rush, no run defense and they couldn't stop a zombie at QB. TOs at fine but you can't live and die by them. Sooner or later you have to actually stop teams from scoring by getting them off the field on third down.

20. cajuncocoa

cajuncocoa ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮

4,236 Messages
    1,638 Likes Received
    Q: What are the benefits of this team going to the playoffs?

A: Jerry makes more money.