What did the 49ers see in Lance that proved to be non existent?

SiCk_DiAbLo

Reaction score
The kid can’t throw for accuracy…can’t read a defense to save himself and now we are trying to adjust his throwing motion….he is like a high school kid and nothing close to a pro… we even got fleeced giving up a 4th round pick
If this was true, surely he wouldn't be on this team... :facepalm:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Especially since small school athletic QB's keep failing en masse. Every once in a great while one actually turns out and then NFL teams seem to just forget all the failures in this strategy and the madness starts all over again. Who's the last small school 1st round QB who actually panned out? Wentz? Ick.
There’s actually a bigger list than I thought:

Kurt Warner, Tony Romo, Steve McNair, Rich Gannon, Phil Simms, Joe Flacco, Doug Williams to name a few.

Not Elite but solid starters. A few SB participants, winners and MVP’s.

https://247sports.com/longformartic...entz-phil-simms-joe-flacco-146757472/#1413886

DuncanIso

Reaction score
The kid can’t throw for accuracy…can’t read a defense to save himself and now we are trying to adjust his throwing motion….he is like a high school kid and nothing close to a pro… we even got fleeced giving up a 4th round pick
Dak…is that you?

Seriously though, there’s tons of YouTube video on the kid.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's been shown over and over the QB's work on that almost through their whole careers, even Dak.

What's the reason you hate Lance already?

blueblood70

Reaction score
They will not admit that Purdy was drafted to see if he could be Lance”s back up. As they already knew they were moving on from Garappolo. Then the 2 injuries to Lance happened. As they lucked into Purdy looking decent. But we seen how Purdy struggled when he did not have Debo or CMC out there.

Some of our fans fear what Lance may become.
First of all I agree with you that exactly what happened that great 49ers or allegedly great 49ers front office and coach gave up three first round picks for a dude who allegedly might be a bust in the NFL and then we get the Flack is Cowboys front office for putting 1/4 rounder on the guy for some potential even if he doesn't work out who cares but Brock Purdy was dumb luck just like Tom Brady was it happens around the league they got bailed out for making a really bad decision....

However I think it's odd that you would say that who cares one way or the other what Trey Lance may or may not become why would we fear it are you saying that fans of Prescott are worried that he's gonna be Prescott's replacement so we don't want him to be good I mean that would be ridiculous and there are ridiculous fans in here but I don't fear whether he becomes good or bad I don't really care I'm indifferent demands 3rd on the depth chart right now he may take Cooper rushes place I don't know hell this kitten OTA's seems to be impressing coaches he could be the next Tony Romo I don't fear that at all I hope we luck into a quarterback that can be a great backup to Prescott or should Prescott leave could be the next guy up...

I'm not sure why fans worry so much about stuff it's sports whatever happens happens we have 0 control over it...​

kskboys

Reaction score
There’s actually a bigger list than I thought:

Kurt Warner, Tony Romo, Steve McNair, Rich Gannon, Phil Simms, Joe Flacco, Doug Williams to name a few.

Not Elite but solid starters. A few SB participants, winners and MVP’s.

https://247sports.com/longformartic...entz-phil-simms-joe-flacco-146757472/#1413886
Overall? Of course. Warner wasn't a 1st, tho.

However, looking at the huge draft capital spent on these athletic marvels w/ mostly pinheads, it doesn't seem worth it.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
First of all I agree with you that exactly what happened that great 49ers or allegedly great 49ers front office and coach gave up three first round picks for a dude who allegedly might be a bust in the NFL and then we get the Flack is Cowboys front office for putting 1/4 rounder on the guy for some potential even if he doesn't work out who cares but Brock Purdy was dumb luck just like Tom Brady was it happens around the league they got bailed out for making a really bad decision....

However I think it's odd that you would say that who cares one way or the other what Trey Lance may or may not become why would we fear it are you saying that fans of Prescott are worried that he's gonna be Prescott's replacement so we don't want him to be good I mean that would be ridiculous and there are ridiculous fans in here but I don't fear whether he becomes good or bad I don't really care I'm indifferent demands 3rd on the depth chart right now he may take Cooper rushes place I don't know hell this kitten OTA's seems to be impressing coaches he could be the next Tony Romo I don't fear that at all I hope we luck into a quarterback that can be a great backup to Prescott or should Prescott leave could be the next guy up...

I'm not sure why fans worry so much about stuff it's sports whatever happens happens we have 0 control over it...​
I’m not sure why someone with such attitudes towards discussing whatever happens in sports would be involved with a forum which is fundamentally what we do here.

ArtClink

Reaction score
Well weren’t the Cowboys the highest rated offense in the NFL last year? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
It’s all about the post season and that’s all it’s ever been about. Don’t let the fuhrer lower your standards of excellence.

“Increasing success by lowering expectations.” - Jerry Jones

ArtClink

Reaction score
Some NFL players take more time to mature and develop than others ... Niners apparently could not afford to wait ,
I think SF has such a great offensive system they have the luxury of choosing which QBs they want. There’s something about Trey Lance they didn’t like.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think SF has such a great offensive system they have the luxury of choosing which QBs they want. There’s something about Trey Lance they didn’t like.
It was about his big upcoming payday. When they think they found a QB they preferred.
It had nothing to do with his skills.

Like when Landry needed to decide between Morton and Staubach. But not a money issue. In this case Landry chose the correct one. Remains to be seen of SF did for the long run. :popcorn:

sbark

Reaction score
So.....exactly the problems Dak has never outgrown.
Daks little hip dance was a major motion change.....
But it didn’t clear the deer in the headlights freeze up

ArtClink

Reaction score
So much so they wasted 3 first round picks.
Have we been in the nfc championship game three years in a row? Of course not and the 49ers post season record is a million miles ahead of us, at least the past 29 year.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
It’s all about the post season and that’s all it’s ever been about. Don’t let the fuhrer lower your standards of excellence.

“Increasing success by lowering expectations.” - Jerry Jones
Don’t you have to win enough to GET to the playoffs? You haters are so filled with your hate it controls you. Laughable.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They made Trey Lance the starter for the 2022 season.
- He had a season ending injury early in game 2 (injured after 3 pass attempts).

Purdy proved himself while Lance was out injured.

Nobody knows what Trey Lance can or cannot do with more experience.

It's odd how radically different the situations are for different players.

First 3 seasons:
- Justin Fields got 38 NFL starts despite a win-loss record of 10-28.
- Trey Lance was 2-2 in 4 starts.
- Aaron Rodgers had zero starts.

Last edited:

Chasing6

Reaction score
Have we been in the nfc championship game three years in a row? Of course not and the 49ers post season record is a million miles ahead of us, at least the past 29 year.
We have a dumb GM or limit is winning the division.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
They made Trey Lance the starter for the 2022 season.
- He had a season ending injury early in game 2 (injured after 3 pass attempts).

Purdy proved himself while Lance was out injured.

Nobody knows what Trey Lance can or cannot do with more experience.

It's odd how radically different the situations are for different players.

First 3 seasons:
- Justin Fields got 38 NFL starts despite a win-loss record of 10-28.
- Trey Lance was 2-2 in 4 starts.
- Aaron Rodgers had zero starts.
The Cowboys are never going to know what Lance can become if they keep Dak around. And Dak is still with the Cowboys. It’s like the team is in limbo. It’s time to cut Dak loose and make Lance the starter.