What do we need (roster-wise) to catch Philly?

Sydla

Reaction score
Nothing sometimes it’s just luck. They could easily be 500. They lucked out against the Pats, commanders, cowboys , and chiefs. I give them credit but those games came down to inches and the eagles didn’t do anything to really prevent game winning plays from happening just fluky stuff went in their favor.
In one sense sure, in the other sense they are going to have won a crap ton of regular season games the last two years, and that's kind of hard to do even with luck. They are good. Real good. They are well coached, they have talent, etc.

Sure luck helps and they have had it in spades their last two games, but they still are good.

links18

Reaction score
LBs, a NT, two offensive tackles, an actual RB, etc., etc.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There’s no real difference in roster I believe it’s the HC been this way the last 14 years there’s something missing. This roster is very talented from top to bottom but somehow they come up short against better teams more frequently than they should and that’s on the HC imho
They come up short like 31 other teams do.

lopey

Reaction score
Philly is about to win the division b2b with hardly any resistance from the rest of the teams in the East. They are also the favorites right now to come out the NFC. Its evident now that they have lapped us (sorry homers).

What do we need to get to their level?
A running game slot cb and a better coach. Oh and jerry to retire

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you're looking for losers look at the opponents we have beaten this season so far.
Might want to look at a team named the Cowboys who have 2 measly playoff wins in 8 seasons.
Anything else Mr.Personality????
I don't have to go far to see a loser....I'm responding to one, right now. I hate quitters...you are a quitter. Can't stop living in the past, run and hide when Dak has a good game and then comes out of hiding when he doesn't. I almost feel sorry for you, can't enjoy the game for what it is. What a miserable existence.

lopey

Reaction score
Love the homers who won’t give Philly credit. They have 1 loss. Its not luck. Its a very goid team. If we want to be as good we need to realize what we need to get there. Putting your head in the sand accomplished nothing

Sydla

Reaction score
Love the homers who won’t give Philly credit. They have 1 loss. Its not luck. Its a very goid team. If we want to be as good we need to realize what we need to get there. Putting your head in the sand accomplished nothing
They are very good, the best team in the NFL right now after last night.

That being said, one can also acknowledge they've been the beneficiaries of some really good luck their last two games against us and KC.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
After watching them beat the chiefs in arrowhead , my conclusion is that what separates us is the will to win. They just know how to do what has to be done to win. Sometimes it’s ugly and fortuitous , but they just win.
Phily coaching is A+

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Fumble luck and play against MVS.

Against them, they need to have an actual defensive scheme.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Another DT to shore up the run defense and an upgrade at center would help the running game and red zone offense quite a bit in my opinion.

lopey

Reaction score
They are very good, the best team in the NFL right now after last night.

That being said, one can also acknowledge they've been the beneficiaries of some really good luck their last two games against us and KC.
Good teams make their luck. Cowboys self destruct.

DC Cowboy

Reaction score
Philly is about to win the division b2b with hardly any resistance from the rest of the teams in the East. They are also the favorites right now to come out the NFC. Its evident now that they have lapped us (sorry homers).

What do we need to get to their level?
more physicality, especially from our run game.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
We can beat them the way we are. Should hurts get injured the Super Bowl goes to us or San Francisco. We can beat them, and I heard they just lost their excellent safety. That's a blow to San Fran.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
GM is the obvious answer. Howie has improved so much in talent acquisition over the years and they win every trade they are a part of.

But i wanted to focus on the actual players and roster construction (ie the ol, dl, dbs etc).

There are some good answers in here but I want to add….Situational football

When the game is close you know Philly is going to find a way to win the game. We are the opposite imo.

-Penalties at the worst time.
-Coach not challenging plays he should
-OL breaking down at the worst possible time
-QB making a poor read or bad decision in high pressure situations

That last drive in our game against them, there is 0 doubt in my mind that Hurts and company score the TD to win the game.

Creeper

Reaction score
We need to get stronger on the OL. That will help. Otherwise if they play smart and don't shoot themselves in the foot, they are right there. The Eagles have a weakness on defense.

Cowboy_svt

Reaction score
Honestly, our dline is pretty solid, but id like to see parsons at LB vs teams like the niners or eagles. We got some good depth at DE to allow parsons to pick and choose where he needs to attack and can then make more plays against the run. Speaking of the run we are pretty good at shutting it down, the eagles and niners struggled to move the ball on us. Our middle is actually damn decent with Galimore-Mazi-Hankins and OSA is just a damn beast.

We really need a Center and a slot corner. Our safeties are above average, gilmore and bland are incredible, Bell is a fast-smart LB, Pollard can be good but hes getting no lanes at all, Dak is lighting it up and our receiving core can be good, TEs good too.
Tyron smith has allowed the least amount of pressures when he plays (key part), hes good but reliability sucks. Tyler is great, Biad is meh, Zach is now just above average, and steele is dealing with injury. Steeles issues can be helped with a TE/RB, but honestly we are getting shredded by Tight ends, i think were 31st against them.