What do we need (roster-wise) to catch Philly?

starfan1

Reaction score
My god its getting harder and harder to come on this site.What a bunch of cry babies. Any given sunday we are not as talented as them on the Ol and Dline but everywhere else Ill say we are every bit as good if not better. We had them in their house. so did KC to be honest

A break here or a break there outcomes could go our way the talent difference isnt extreme. I feel San Fran is better TBH

Reaction score
My god its getting harder and harder to come on this site.What a bunch of cry babies. Any given sunday we are not as talented as them on the Ol and Dline but everywhere else Ill say we are every bit as good if not better. We had them in their house. so did KC to be honest

A break here or a break there outcomes could go our way the talent difference isnt extreme. I feel San Fran is better TBH
Everything but the OL and DL,, lol, at least it isn't anything important! Take a look at the conference leaders and what separates them from us across the board, this year and every recent year? The freaking lines.

kskboys

Reaction score
Philly is about to win the division b2b with hardly any resistance from the rest of the teams in the East. They are also the favorites right now to come out the NFC. Its evident now that they have lapped us (sorry homers).

What do we need to get to their level?
1. Better DT play. This is the big one. Must disrupt the opposing O, and interior disruption is how you do that.
2. Young talent at OL/starter type RB.
3. Might need better TE play, that is questionable.
4. Better LB's. Evans is a good start, though his coverage issues are definitely concerning.

kskboys

Reaction score
Why cant good teams “lose the game” to us then?
Because we don't dominate up front. That's why the Eagles won. Must put the opposing QB in constant pressure. Causes mistakes. Need the Jalen Carter's, Fletcher Cox's, and Jordan Davis's of the NFL. Keeps you in games, even if you're being outplayed.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Philly is about to win the division b2b with hardly any resistance from the rest of the teams in the East. They are also the favorites right now to come out the NFC. Its evident now that they have lapped us (sorry homers).

I would like some offensive line help and a power running back we never quite recovered from the loss of Travis Frederick.

Beyond that I think the eagles possess a confidence that we could use some of and the only way to get that is to start winning some big games which I believe requires our front office to be creative with the cap spend more money and get some more talent

starfan1

Reaction score
Everything but the OL and DL,, lol, at least it isn't anything important! Take a look at the conference leaders and what separates them from us across the board, this year and every recent year? The freaking lines.
The talent differential is not large. We were a call or 2 away from winning in Philly. We just need a break or make our own break but if they cant do that then they dont deserve to be in the big game

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

they are winning ugly games, close games. things will even out if they keep going like this. right now the reason is their coach. he is the difference for that team.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Get a real gm. Tell teams to stop trading with them. Why the hell did Detroit trade them swift? TRADE WITH SOMEONe else!!!!!!
Anybody could have had Swift.

He was openly on the trade market.

He's had some good games...sure...but he's disappeared some too. I wouldn't have given a 3rd for him.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
I think the biggest difference between them and us is that they simply won't quit.

When a good team like SF jumps on US early....our fans...our players...our coaches QUIT. SF beat us 103 to 10 this year. That's pathetic! The score doesn't get that bad unless ur players mentally give up.

Philly just keeps scratching...never gives in...never surrenders....and believes the other team will blink first and they'll find a way to win.

Just look at the posts on this very forum: front runners. Beat the pathetic Panthers and Danny DeVito giants, and it's bandwagon time...dak MVP time. Philly wins last night....and most people on this forum surrender...and start blaming refs and openly hoping for injuries. Weak loser mentality. Surrendering the season with 7 games left. We lose to Arizona; season is over. We lose to SF and season is over. Quitters. The players quit too.

Philly can get down early....and they just keep fighting to the last second, and sure enough good things happen. We just have a sissy team and fanbase, for no reason whatsoever

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
That’s what I’m sayin! All this Eagle D ridin is crazy!
I didn't even think about that. Even if he scores...they set Philly up with the last drive and nearly 2 min to either get FG to tie or td to win.

They had been moving the ball fine 10 yards a pop, and refs were helping them at the end.

Dumb. But Philly helped them out with dumb decisions at end of 1st half...handing them a FG

32BellyOption

Reaction score
Luck and officiating. That’s what has kept them winning. Can’t wait to play them at home.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score

New "Cowboys" posters popping up everywhere letting us know we cant beat the eagles...how odd

Reaction score
The talent differential is not large. We were a call or 2 away from winning in Philly. We just need a break or make our own break but if they cant do that then they dont deserve to be in the big game
I wouldn't agree, both the center and tackle positions are keeping them from being on-par with the top contenders, that's 40% of the line, including the all-important middle. There are times when Dallas gets close to winning because Dak is balling-out but he can't do that consistently, it's a high wire act where the wheels can fall off at any time and often do against better teams. Look at the top teams this year and compare OLs,,, every single one of them has a better OL. Throughout the course of a game, and throughout the season, those teams don't have to do the high wire act, the percentages are with them, and they win.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Philly is built from the lines out. Our OL is aging and we are much worse off at DT than they are. We need more DT help, even if Mazi Smith develops.

You won't like this, but they have a better, more innovative staff than we do. Their OL coach is a total stud and laps ours easily. Sirianni is the most punchable face in football and his antics on the sidelines are annoying as hell but the dude is on pace to win 28 or so regular season games in two years.
May I add that Hurts is 10-0 against winning teams in the regular season.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
CD actually has more yards than AJ currently. At least if I'm not mistaken. Either way they are really close so you can check that box.
Yeah I was tracking them and I figured he’d get back in front of him yesterday…did not expect a 8 yard gain from him lol.

Reactions: CWR