What grade would you give defensive drafting under Garrett (2011-16)?

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
Do you think any team would give us a 4th & 5th rd pick for Tapper and Malik Collins now ?
If the answer is no, then why did we draft them.
If the answer is yes, I don't believe you.

bodi

Reaction score
I give Jerry - M c Clay an Scouting department F

Also I give Marinelli a F for not standing up an saying we need some big guys besides the Golden cock

erod

Reaction score
You forgot Dez and Tyron. 7 starters remaining from 2011. I don't count 2010.

Packers have only 6 starters remaining from their 2011 team yet have found a way to constantly reload.

What's the excuse?

Great franchises like the Patriots/Packers are starting to lap us with a new cast of players since the Garrett "process" started.

Meanwhile bottom dwellers like the Jags/Texans/Vikings started the "process" after us but are on the verge of passing us.

You have to be insane to defend this crap.

Tyron wasn't here.

The Packers weren't so lopsided that it mattered. Ron Wolf and Ted Thompson have always known how to structure a roster.

erod

Reaction score
After 4 years, rookie contracts expire. Results should be within 1-3 years max

So the Broncos won a Super Bowl last year with a bunch of 2nd and 3rd year players?

That's.......really not a good point.

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
I'd probably give our drafting efforts a B here under Garrett. I ding them for the frivolous approach to the 2nd round, and they haven't hit on the mid-late rounders at a rate that paces the really good drafting teams. But they've done a great job in the first round, had a moderate performance relative to the rest of the league from the 3rd round on down, and have done a good job generally in CFA. If we found a franchise QB at the end of the 4th this season, that's huge.

Talentwise, we've got a pretty good team. We just wasted too many changes to improve the defensive talent incrementally here.
The 2012 1st round and throughout was enough to get most people fired

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Knowing this curiosity isn't about Garrett, I would give our drafting brain trust a D minus minus. I give them a little credit for inadvertently marketing weed & purple drank to the masses. The Cowboys may turn out to be responsible for Texas becoming the next state to legalize Mary Jane. & Jerry will find some way to spin that into a team positive.

Zordon

Reaction score
Yep.

Garrett got rid of the Gurodes, Brookings, Sensabaughs, Kosiers, Davises, Olshanskys, etc. He wanted a young team, which is what he has now. That doesn't mean he picked the specific players.
So he gets credit for replacing old trash with new trash?

Plus in case you haven't noticed, as bad as guys like Sensy, Brooking, Olshansky were....they all would start or play significant minutes on today's new and improved Garrett defense.

erod

Reaction score
You tend to miss them so it's not surprising

There are 28 fan bases sitting around complaining about their coaches.

This is the oldest and lowest hanging topic among fans. It dates back to the dinosaurs.

erod

Reaction score
well then the HC coach needs to be fired if his whole offense is dependent on Romo and only Romo to run it.

Take Aaron Rodgers and Jordy Nelson off the Packers.

Take Brees and Sneed off the Saints.

Take Cam and Olsen off the Panthers.

Take Wilson and Baldwin off the Seahawks.

Take Palmer and Fitz off the Cardinals.

How do they do?

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
Take Aaron Rodgers and Jordy Nelson off the Packers.

Take Brees and Sneed off the Saints.

Take Cam and Olsen off the Panthers.

Take Wilson and Baldwin off the Seahawks.

Take Palmer and Fitz off the Cardinals.

How do they do?
I'd bet they win some games!

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
And the offensive line dang nearly killed him. It's why he's in the shape he's in.
The FB missed the block in 2010 when Boley broke hi collarbone.

Since 2013, he has missed games every year - behind that improving line

Zman5

Reaction score
Yep.

Garrett got rid of the Gurodes, Brookings, Sensabaughs, Kosiers, Davises, Olshanskys, etc. He wanted a young team, which is what he has now. That doesn't mean he picked the specific players.

Anything good is JG's doing and anything bad is JJ and everybody else's doing. Got it. I see you went to JG's school of excuse making. No wonder he's your hero.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
There's also 16 fan bases telling you how great their coaching staff is after a loss.