What if this team wins it all and you were too busy being Debbie Downer to enjoy it till the very end?

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
kick-the-football-charlie-brown-9781481462099_hr.jpg

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
agreed. but tickets are part of what people choose to spend their entertainment money. I call it disposable income.

but to each his own. I don't think there are too many people who are over the top one way or the other.

I stand behind what I said, if you get overtly bent out of shape and go mad over a football game loss, then yeah, you have issues. its entertainment. if you are "devestated" mentally. then yeah you are taking it way too seriously. my comment stands. btw, I did study Psychology . I did some work on Public Mass Psychology. its fascinating.
It sure is! Cognitive disonance.
I just read a story on why people line up early at the airport gate.
I also want to do a study on what happens to peoples brain when they drive a motor vehicle.
:)

I agree, you cant beat your wife or cut yourself about it. But again....you are getting in the weeds. OP wasnt talking about that....he is talking about words on an internet message board.

coult44

Reaction score
What’s funny is 3/4 of you complaining in this thread and being the ones who everyone calls negative have NEVER done anything more than watch the team on tv and support
Just letting you and others know what appears to be happening.
The NFL likes circus acts that captivates fans so they don't pay attention to other things going on.
I can't get it out of my head how the ref in Detroit stopped the other one who was right on the goal line from signaling a touchdown.
And why Lovie Smith went for it on 4th and goal when a field goal would have iced the game.
And too many other things that can't be coincidence.
Lovie was totally screwing his owners that had told him he wasn’t getting the job.

I understand sometimes it look off but people would lose their careers, their billions, snd possibly their lives if the whole thing was rigged. There would be hundreds or thousands of whistleblowers including players and ex employees. Also, Be cause of the money involved, the government would shut them down so fast at the first sign of real proof.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
We see a lot of posts from people spouting the curmudgeonly doctrine that "it doesn't count until the playoffs." That got me to thinking.. Are those people not able to enjoy what this team is doing right now? I would totally hate for this team to end up hoisting the Lombardi and all I could remember about how they got there was how miserable I was waiting for it to happen.

Am I wrong guys?
What do you mean? There will be some very short memories lol

kskboys

Reaction score
What’s funny is 3/4 of you complaining in this thread and being the ones who everyone calls negative have NEVER done anything more than watch the team on tv and support

Lovie was totally screwing his owners that had told him he wasn’t getting the job.

I understand sometimes it look off but people would lose their careers, their billions, snd possibly their lives if the whole thing was rigged. There would be hundreds or thousands of whistleblowers including players and ex employees. Also, Be cause of the money involved, the government would shut them down so fast at the first sign of real proof.
Rigging would be impossible. Manipulating is not.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
i am one of those fans that is always a half glass full fan. i am excited about this season so far but the other half of me is trying not to get to excited. i seen this team lose to early in the playoffs when i actually thought that they were going to win it all. this season feels like 2014 right now and of course that season ended to soon and that is what i am afraid will happen this season. i really would like to this team at least making it to the nfc championship game. of course making the superbowl would be really fun to see but i am trying not to look that far ahead right now.
Totally fair man.. But this team actually feels better than that 2014 team because the defense is better and I think Dak is actually playing better than Romo did that season and that's saying a lot cause Romo was ballin that year. But most of the success of the offense went through the offensive line and Murray with Romo there to fill in. Dak is the "dude" on this team and it's really fun to watch. And this coming from an old running back who enjoys the running game about 20x as much as I do the passing game. Even I have to tip the cap to what I am seeing from Dak, CD, Ferg, Cooks and maybe mostly McCarthy. What they're doing in the passing game this year is next level.

T-RO

Reaction score
We see a lot of posts from people spouting the curmudgeonly doctrine that "it doesn't count until the playoffs." That got me to thinking.. Are those people not able to enjoy what this team is doing right now? I would totally hate for this team to end up hoisting the Lombardi and all I could remember about how they got there was how miserable I was waiting for it to happen.

Am I wrong guys?
100%

Toro9

Reaction score
I appreciate your unique insight and no, you're not wrong. It's just that we've had our hearts broken so many times. Kinda like going thru multiple serious girlfriends/wives.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Are some people not able to enjoy the game, but then after the game look at things rationally without any emotional bias?
I think we all have emotional biases. That's what makes us fans.. Like I said.. I am not trying to tell anybody what to do or how to feel. I am just asking those who seem incapable of enjoying this ride to maybe try a little harder to do so. If you do you do.. if you don't you don't.. but it kinda saddens me to think that if this team wins the whole thing there is still going to be that segment of wounded Cowboys fan who will be unable to fully appreciate it. Mind you I aint layin awake and night worryin about it.. but I think we can all agree that some of the over the top negativity diminishes this forum. I just feel like we should be able to celebrate our team and players doing well without having to defend them against people claiming to be fans of the same team or just be attacked by those so called fans for celebrating our team. That just doesn't make sense to me.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I appreciate your unique insight and no, you're not wrong. It's just that we've had our hearts broken so many times. Kinda like going thru multiple serious girlfriends/wives.
As a survivor of one messy divorce and multiple heart breaking break ups with girlfriends I totally get it. Your heart has to grow callouses at some point. I freely admit after the second Super Bowl loss to the Steelers I had to learn how to not be completely miserable when my team lost in the playoffs. Then over the next 40 years I had to try to find the balance between not putting too much on it and not caring at all. It was not an easy bargain to strike but I think I found it. Just as with girlfriends/wives.. I have to force myself to be open to love fully knowing that doing so means I could get my heart broken again. But I eventually found out that if I refused to give my heart in the relationship I was dooming it from the start. Now I know a football team isn't near as important as a potential life partner.. but come to think of it...... LOL!

leeblair

Reaction score

It's naive to think that all of the billionaires involved in the NFL would leave their fortunes to chance. There are many more billionaires involved than just the team owners. The NFL has become a monster, and it is going to eat as much as it can.
These are people who have meetings to discuss how they can make more money than the billions they are already making. Just like the WWF, they need athletes with freakish abilities, and those abilities need to be shown off and be a productive part of the NFL sales hype.
I think the NFL started rigging games with "This one's for John!"; John Elway was going to get a Super Bowl ring before retiring, and it made a great story line. The Titans going to a Super Bowl after settling in Nashville, then never sniffing another one. The Manning brothers each got two. New Orleans gets a win after Katrina. The list can go on and on.
Story lines and sales pitches have made the NFL more popular than ever, and now gambling is involved.
Look at all of the 6-7 and 7-6 teams who are in contention- keeping fans excited until the very last day. Even the Giants are back in contention suddenly.
With all of the different organizations, they can't be that equal. The NFL calls it "parity"; I think they mean "parody".

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It's naive to think that all of the billionaires involved in the NFL would leave their fortunes to chance. There are many more billionaires involved than just the team owners. The NFL has become a monster, and it is going to eat as much as it can.
These are people who have meetings to discuss how they can make more money than the billions they are already making. Just like the WWF, they need athletes with freakish abilities, and those abilities need to be shown off and be a productive part of the NFL sales hype.
I think the NFL started rigging games with "This one's for John!"; John Elway was going to get a Super Bowl ring before retiring, and it made a great story line. The Titans going to a Super Bowl after settling in Nashville, then never sniffing another one. The Manning brothers each got two. New Orleans gets a win after Katrina. The list can go on and on.
Story lines and sales pitches have made the NFL more popular than ever, and now gambling is involved.
Look at all of the 6-7 and 7-6 teams who are in contention- keeping fans excited until the very last day. Even the Giants are back in contention suddenly.
With all of the different organizations, they can't be that equal. The NFL calls it "parity"; I think they mean "parody".
Hey look who crawled out from under his Dak hating rock!

leeblair

Reaction score
Hey look who crawled out from under his Dak hating rock!
I don't hate Dak. Never did.
And I don't back up on the criticism of his play for the past seven years. Maybe McCarthy has helped him this season, and maybe not- we'll see, but at this point it looks good.
But that doesn't change the way Dak has held the Cowboys back for the past seven seasons. He's the reason the Cowboys have gone home early every year.
I have a feeling that we're about to see some more of that, too.
But as of now, he does look to have improved, and that justifies every complaint against him- why couldn't he be doing that before now? He's been paid like a marquee quarterback but not played like one.
IF - and that's a big "IF"- Dak shows that he has improved and can lead the Cowboys and play like a champion when it matters most and the season is on the line, it will be great.
IF Dak had played the way he's been playing this season for the past seven years, no one would have complained.
But if he reverts to "same ol' Dak" when he gets under pressure, he will have wasted another year of the fans time.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I don't hate Dak. Never did.
And I don't back up on the criticism of his play for the past seven years. Maybe McCarthy has helped him this season, and maybe not- we'll see, but at this point it looks good.
But that doesn't change the way Dak has held the Cowboys back for the past seven seasons. He's the reason the Cowboys have gone home early every year.
I have a feeling that we're about to see some more of that, too.
But as of now, he does look to have improved, and that justifies every complaint against him- why couldn't he be doing that before now? He's been paid like a marquee quarterback but not played like one.
IF - and that's a big "IF"- Dak shows that he has improved and can lead the Cowboys and play like a champion when it matters most and the season is on the line, it will be great.
IF Dak had played the way he's been playing this season for the past seven years, no one would have complained.
But if he reverts to "same ol' Dak" when he gets under pressure, he will have wasted another year of the fans time.
You still don’t have a clue do you. Kellen Moore’s gone. His play calling is gone. It’s a whole new offense based on timing. As a QB you have to have a sharp, quick mind and see everything. Dak excels in this offense. He didn’t just suddenly get more talented. See how obtuse you sound?

plymkr

Reaction score

Am I wrong guys?
No you’re not wrong. I personally am enjoying this season. Well since the bye I’m enjoying the season. We’ve had plenty of blowouts and some good hard fought nail biters.

Now as far as my expectations for the team I want to see playoff success before I dare to dream of a Super Bowl. But as far as my enjoyment and excitement goes this has been a really fun season.

Just some points of enjoyment for me.
1. I totally expected Dak to fall his face this season and Lance would be playing right now. Not only didn’t that happen but Dak flipped a switch and became a new QB. That’s awesome. Love it
2. I expected us to be torched and have no TOs after Diggs went down. Enter Bland and his record setting season. That’s awesome. Love it.
3. We’re in first place if the NFC East and just trounced the mighty Eagles. Really love it.
4. I’m looking forward to every game thinking we can win. Not like past years were I hoped we could win.
5. I’m also enjoying this community and forum a lot more this year. Sure there’s some arguments here and there but overall being in this site with you guys is a highlight of my day, regardless if someone is agreeing with me or not. That’s a lot of fun.

So for me this has been a fun ride, a good roller coaster and some nice surprises. If it doesn’t end the way I want it too it still has been a fun journey and I like to be interacting with my fellow Cowboys fans/family.

Go Cowboys!!!
Go Cowboy Nation!!!!

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

Am I wrong guys?
Some people care more about the truth than the feelz.
Life is full of tradeoffs.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
It sure is! Cognitive disonance.
I just read a story on why people line up early at the airport gate.
I also want to do a study on what happens to peoples brain when they drive a motor vehicle.
:)

I agree, you cant beat your wife or cut yourself about it. But again....you are getting in the weeds. OP wasnt talking about that....he is talking about words on an internet message board.
Huh?

:huh:

Sounds like you are lost in the weeds.
Typical of you to.turn any discussion into an argument.

I wonder why?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Huh?

:huh:

Sounds like you are lost in the weeds.
Typical of you to.turn any discussion into an argument.

I wonder why?
I am not sure of your confusion. Are you confused that I pretty much agree with you? There was no argument.

I don't think Ronnie is being as extreme as you are about upsettedness is all. He's talking about rage typing on the forum and you are talking about. people upset with their whole life.

Well anyway...for a fleeting moment there we had something. It was a good try.