CZ POLL What is the max per year average contract amount you would offer Dak?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Reality, Mar 3, 2021.

?

What is the max per year average contract amount you would offer Dak?

Poll closed Mar 10, 2021.
  1. $40+ million

13.0%
  2. $35-39 million

41.3%
  3. $30-34 million

22.5%
  4. $25-29 million

8.3%
  5. Let him leave

14.9%
  1. LACowboysFan1

LACowboysFan1 Well-Known Member

6,952 Messages
    4,183 Likes Received
    No, I didn't say that.

I was making a point that if someone (not me) thinks $39 mil is fine, but says $40 mi isn't, then what's the point of not paying "only" $1 million more? $1 mil for Dai is very unlikely to make or break the cap, the whole question of setting brackets as in the original question is silly, a person has to say $39 mil is fine but $40 mil isn't.

In other words if Jerry offers $39 mil a year but Dak will only go down to $40 mil, the Cowboys aren't supposed to make the deal? The additional $1 mil is only 2.56% more, the team would lose someone they really wanted over a measly $2.56%, if that's the "sticking point" in negotiations in that case...

2. JBS

JBS Well-Known Member

15,686 Messages
    10,828 Likes Received
    No, this is not the worst case scenario. The worst case scenario is tag and he walks next year

3. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

19,259 Messages
    25,340 Likes Received
    35. Should have been done. This is making him look like a bad guy, whether it’s France or Stephen, it’s still is wearing on the fan base.

HowardC likes this.
  4. ondaedg

ondaedg Well-Known Member

2,145 Messages
    2,254 Likes Received
    Eh? Slobberers? $25mil? We won’t miss him or his followers? A lot of hate there bud.

You ok?

Jake likes this.
  5. ondaedg

2,145 Messages
    2,254 Likes Received
    Not wearing on me. It’s a business why take it personally?

6. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

19,259 Messages
    25,340 Likes Received
    Tired of coming to my favorite website and seeing more blah blah about it is all.

7. kskboys

kskboys Well-Known Member

25,676 Messages
    27,934 Likes Received
    If KC spends 5 mil on a decent backup OLT, they win the super bowl.

8. ondaedg

2,145 Messages
    2,254 Likes Received
    I get it. What I try to do in a situation like this is not to let my emotions start to influence my personal feelings towards someone. A lot of negativity being generated at Dak and the only thing we have to go off of is a few reporter editorials and some forum driven hate by a few posters. Easy to forget that every one of these nfl athletes are taking a risk that later in life they will have some type of physical or mental trauma caused by this sport so I totally understand why this contract process is being drawn out.

9. Bullflop

Bullflop Well-Known Member

18,874 Messages
    23,042 Likes Received
    I feel a need to max out at $35 mil but no more, pls. $39 million seems excessive, to me.

(I'd just like an affordable contract to raise the defense to a much more competitive level.)

Last edited: Mar 4, 2021
    kskboys likes this.
  10. reddyuta

reddyuta Well-Known Member

18,211 Messages
    12,325 Likes Received
    this is unthinkable,even Jerry and his idiot son are not that dumb.

Swagger and JBS like this.
  11. JBS

JBS Well-Known Member

15,686 Messages
    10,828 Likes Received
    I'm afraid they absolutely are this dumb

Jake likes this.
  12. Irvin88_4life

Irvin88_4life Well-Known Member

19,384 Messages
    22,322 Likes Received
    That's insane. I can get if someone says he isn't top 10 but to say he isn't good and isn't worth 25 million a year is absolutely a personal problem they have with Dak. Nobody that knows anything about football would agree that Dak is terrible and isn't worth the lowest of salary for a starting QB.

zrinkill likes this.
  13. ChronicCowboy

ChronicCowboy Well-Known Member

3,079 Messages
    5,711 Likes Received
    The fact that 13% of people want to pay Dak more than 40 million per year is peak irony.

14. zrinkill

zrinkill Troller of Trolls Zone Supporter

39,784 Messages
    12,599 Likes Received
    The fact that 16% of people want to let Dak leave without an alternative is peak stupidity.

ondaedg likes this.
  15. McKDaddy

McKDaddy Well-Known Member

2,925 Messages
    2,549 Likes Received
    how can you answer the question without knowing more information? length of contract? guaranteed? Cap hit per year? If he isn't flexible on the number of years and making the cap hits reasonable for the team, I would thank him for his service and put the non exclusive tag on him.

16. Jake

Jake Curmudgeon

23,675 Messages
    46,003 Likes Received
    It's less than 70% now. How many accounts do you have here?

HowardC likes this.
  17. Wangchung83

Wangchung83 New Member

13 Messages
    7 Likes Received
    Add me as a hater if I just don't want an cap hindering qb that still hasn't won with multiple weapons. He needs to go and good luck to him finding a team where he has a premiere running backs, Wipeout, and an offense that will play to his strengths. He's not going to find 40mil short term with his current resume with a contender.

HowardC likes this.
  18. Jarv

Jarv Loud pipes saves lives.

11,201 Messages
    5,057 Likes Received
    I'm fine brother, thanks for asking.

DallasEast and CopenhagenCowboy like this.
  19. JohnnyHopkins

JohnnyHopkins Joe Rod Zone Supporter

11,013 Messages
    3,199 Likes Received
    If Dallas hadn't lucked into Tony Romo and Dak Prescott this team would have seen a revolving door of Chad Hutchinsons, Drew Hensons and Quincy Carters. We should all be terrified as fans of what happens when that luck runs out.

20. Verdict

Verdict Well-Known Member

22,753 Messages
    16,182 Likes Received
    Dak is a good QB. He sometimes plays better than good. Other times he plays really poorly.

Dak wants Mahomes money. Mahomes might be twice as good as Dak. Dak might be three times as good as the worst starter in the league,

Some people might reasonably argue you don't pay Dak who is half as good as Mahomes 98 percent of Mahomes' salary. Its pretty simple and non emotional.

HowardC likes this.