What next for the Mavericks?

Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;4619123 said:
He's a 4, where he played the majority of the time, played some 5 out of necessity because of injuries.. playing him at the 5 in the west would be a death wish.

Not really. Aside from the Lakers there really isn't awhole lot of big teams out there.

juck

Reaction score
http://i5.***BLOCKED***/albums/y194/juck/e48cc4c08d3c3d4c9981d1bfa7fb6692-getty-103892750rm005_portland_tra.jpg
I want this man back.

ragman

Reaction score
I heard this morning that if the Mavs lose out on Brand, they'll either go after Luis Scola or Jose Calderon from Toronto.

juck

Reaction score
They bid on Brand. They may bid on both. Sounds likes its Brand then if not they get Scola. Calderon would be in trade. Mavs would be the whitest team in the NBA haha

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4619127 said:
Not really. Aside from the Lakers there really isn't awhole lot of big teams out there.

"Aren't" there?

What centers in the west would he match up well with then, do you think? From any team..

..and how bout postseason contending teams?

The only role he would fill well for them next year if they expect to contend is off the bench in limited minutes.

Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;4619172 said:
"Aren't" there?

What centers in the west would he match up well with then, do you think? From any team..

..and how bout postseason contending teams?

The only role he would fill well for them next year if they expect to contend is off the bench in limited minutes.

The only good centers in the West are Bynum and Marc Gasol.

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4619293 said:

Cousins, Al Jefferson, Gortat, Pekovic, Bogut, and Anthony Davis (pending) are all good centers from the West.

RastaRocket

Reaction score
juck;4619138 said:
They bid on Brand. They may bid on both. Sounds likes its Brand then if not they get Scola. Calderon would be in trade. Mavs would be the whitest team in the NBA haha

T-Wolves are whiter.

juck

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4619293 said:
Bynum is due for a knee to blow out soon.

RastaRocket

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4618609 said:
They'd be much higher than the 7th seed. With Brand they'd be as good as anybody in the West outside of OKC, the Lakers, and the Spurs.

So all of the sudden the Lakers who got wiped two years in a row are an elite Western team? Nash was definitely a good trade, but you need to prove yourself.

Reaction score
RastaRocket;4619313 said:
So all of the sudden the Lakers who got wiped two years in a row are an elite Western team? Nash was definitely a good trade, but you need to prove yourself.

Good trade? That was a GREAT trade. We added a superstar PG and gave up next to nothing. We're definitely elite. Hell we were elite last year when we were the 3rd seed. We're also on the verge of adding Grant Hill.

juck;4619310 said:
Bynum is due for a knee to blow out soon.

Really is that why he hasn't been injured in over two years?

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
juck;4619410 said:
Brand is a MAV:D

Not BB related but I am learning from this thread. Really dumb question for you..is that Nolan Ryan smacking that guy in your pic? I'm a naive female sports fan so be nice! I know it's a dumb question..

RastaRocket

Reaction score
BoysFan4ever;4619439 said:
Not BB related but I am learning from this thread. Really dumb question for you..is that Nolan Ryan smacking that guy in your pic? I'm a naive female sports fan so be nice! I know it's a dumb question..

Yep! That's Nolan!

Also, great move by the Mavs. Our front court is shaping up nicely.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
Thanks! Go Nolan! :)

Sorry to interrupt the BB talk. Thanks again. I love that he did that.

juck

Reaction score
BoysFan4ever;4619439 said:
Ventura went after Nolan after Nolan hit him with a pitch. Nolan got him in a headlock and proceeded to whip his butt. lol. Youtube it

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
juck;4619520 said:
Ventura went after Nolan after Nolan hit him with a pitch. Nolan got him in a headlock and proceeded to whip his butt. lol. Youtube it

Thanks so much. I want to see that!

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4619325 said:
Good trade? That was a GREAT trade. We added a superstar PG and gave up next to nothing. We're definitely elite. Hell we were elite last year when we were the 3rd seed. We're also on the verge of adding Grant Hill.

Really is that why he hasn't been injured in over two years?

The Nash trade was terrible!!!!
You gave up all those picks for a PG that can't guard anyone. literally!

Dallas offered Nash a 2 year deal at low money. Raptors offered big money but to be a sales commodity not to win games. LAL offered 9 mil a year for 3 years and gave up the farm in trade.

You have a very old roster that has progressively gotten worse defensively.

WTH guards Westbrook, Harden and Durant?

The LAL are a 3 seed again if all falls right but they could easily be a round 1 playoff loser. They are not elite.

And in a couple years when that team is truly done they will have no youth from the draft to reload with.

RastaRocket

Reaction score
The Lakers still have no depth. Nash was a good pickup, but they need depth.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Mavs got Brand for 2.1m and still have ~4m in cap space.

Very possible they bid for Scola because he is such a friggin bargain.
10m over 3 years. Tradeable after 1 season. Yes, that is a heavy front-line if it occurs.

Dallas still has the 2.5m exception left and have a few trade opps out there.

Mavs have started moving now and are not done yet. They know they need a shooter and would still like to get another PG in or West back.

movable pieces: roddy b, vince carter, dojo, wright