Where's the "like" button for the banner at the top of the page?

egn22

Reaction score
I don't understand it personally.

Everyone wants what is best for this organization.

Rooting for losses in what could very well be a lost season doesn't make you a hater or someone who doesn't love this team.

Reasonable people can disagree on whether winning out or losing put is better for this franchise in the long run.

The banner by mods is seemingly in bad taste. Just as those who can only post negative things about this organization.

I agree 100%. I was just as happy to watch the skins lose as I would've been watching us lose knowing we were that much closer to a premium pick in the draft.

What I saw last night doesn't convince me that we are a Super Bowl contender. We looked like a team with several holes that needs to improve significantly.

So the banner doesn't make sense to me because I want us to be dominant again, rather than just a bottom feeder team struggling w bottom feeder competition.
But sure, it's always nice to beat the skins. So it's whatever.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
Message boards aren't democratic. Those running them get to set the tone and make the rules, hypocritical in some aspects they may be.

master_yoda_v_by_giova94-d5giele.jpg

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Love the site. Appreciate what the mods are trying to do. Think the banner is in pretty poor taste, but probably something I would do in the same situation. That's coming from someone who wasn't rooting for a loss.

except i don't think it is. (in poor taste)

you see this mindset..."losing to win" i'll call it, has so many flaws that i can't help but think those doing it really have no idea what it takes to keep a team up and going and ensure that going into next year you don't do something you can't just "turn off". cause in this instance how do you turn off "losing to win" as a mindset? you can't. you've said it's OK now and people will run with it on their own terms beyond anything you can coach or control.

as for the banner in the forums calling them out, poking them with a stick, gleeful "revenge"? maybe. but how many times have we seen reality have to call out threads just to get people to stop ranting and raving in every thread possible, venting their own "anger" with every post? how many times has reality had to put a ENOUGH NEGATIVITY headline in the forums. how much "in poor taste" is it for people to come in here and do crap like that which *has* to be called out.

time and time again.

and even a zone created where they can rant and rave and be as negative as they wish - whatever makes them feel positive.

i'd say all those things have been done, many a dozen times by now. yet people still must "vent" to an overly annoying degree and in every post find a way to say something like "man, congrats on wittens 1000th catch!!! what an amazing accomplishment!!! surprised as hell he did it under garrett who can't coach!!! or - how jones found him who knows cause jones sucks! - and so on and so on.

how many threads have you seen drop to just that?

time and time again.

maybe it is in poor taste but there's only so much even "the good guys" can take and the high road, we'll get back to it later, i'm sure. but there are in fact times you just feel the need to butt-slap a child for acting like a child. always trying to go the "high road" just isn't possible or there never would have been a high road to always take. it would be the "only way".

now - if we did in fact lose out by trying, great. we get a good draft pick. historically what have we done with high draft picks? many of these people who want us to win out to get a higher draft pick will be happy with each loss and yet when the draft comes, start their "jones is gonna screw it up" postings. so why even root for a team, to lose, so you can ***** about the draft pick you got, only so we can go into the next year *****ing that we didn't take their pet cats and all those losses were for nothing because we didn't take THEIR favorite player on the board at the time.

time and time again.

so no. while i'd love to draft high that means a painful season and those are hard enough to get through even when losing due to all the stupid mistakes we make play in and play out. all those calling out to lose the rest of the games, i am curious, did they also go through 1-15? that was no fun but i kept wearing my jersey and i kept saying "one day" and the very next year i moved to dallas and bought my 1st NFL ticket to see the cowboys play the chargers and we started off that year with a win. felt fantastic.

the other day in going through old paperwork and things i thought i'd thrown out LONG ago - i found another ticket i bought for me and 2 friends to see the cowboys, still in irving at the time, play seattle. it was a pretty amazing game overall. what was so special about that game? well, other than sitting there with my friends?

oh yea, a rushing record by a man called emmitt. yea, that was so damn cool to see live and still having that ticket to the game? pretty special to me.

so i don't watch people paid millions to lose. i don't care if the season is over, i don't care if we'll lose a few spots in the draft and may cost whinerboys all over the world angst that they just lost 5% more of a chance to get their pet cat and i certainly don't care if someone is "offended" that there are those of us happy to see us win.

let me ask those who say TANK IT a question - how do you turn that off? you have just set a price on losing and placed a random draft pick somewhere in the future that today has ZERO value over having players play through adversity and "learning" to win when it's one of the most difficult things you can do?

how do you "next year" say OK NOW WE MEAN IT!!!! you've shown that you get hit and you fall down.

you don't get back up and try again. you wait until fictitious help comes along in the draft and next year will erase the bitter memories we're unfortunately creating this year? how do you tell kids who watch "oh, it's ok to lose if it helps you later" when the definition of "lose" is now welded to "ok"? regardless of the reason this would be YOUR reason, or belief, we'll somehow get the next great qb in the draft by just losing out. the team will come back next year going "gosh, i'm glad thats over with, we now have johnny football (not THAT one) here who will save the team!"

you are in fact teaching them and people who watch that you feel it's ok to lose in order to get help to win because you're simply incapable of doing it yourself. watching this team that's not far off, now is it? oh, except we're better than 1-15 already and stranger things have happened.

yes we may get blown out *if* some crazy season or reason 8-8 gets us in there. we sure *may*. but if we get there do we tank it to slide up 1 spot in the draft?

do we tank it and tell the team "sure, y'all suck and go ahead and lose so we can get some winners in here".

or do we tank it and then have parents watch kids go "hey i'm losing so i can get better later" in choices they make in their life.

how can it ever be possible to instill a losing mindset in a team and then turn around and expect them to later NOT want to tank things for their own reason.

would you want to play for a team who said "hey, we suck so lose"?

i damn sure don't want to watch one just for some oddball chance we MAY get a good qb in the draft who MAY be as good as romo one day (who didn't cost us a draft pick) or maybe hell, another clairborne is taken to upset so many cause they just suck. then that self-same group of "ok to lose" will be mad they went through a season of loss to get to a better pick only to not take who they felt we should, invalidating the entire premise of "losing to win" will be back in here *****ing about that.

time and time again.

losing won't guarantee a single thing except that we've accepted it. in this instance "we" isn't the general fan but the cowboys themselves. the day this team accepts losing is a path to winning well then what the hell is the point of even watching the game? so i'll end it by asking that - those who WANT us to lose out for a draft pick...

...you gonna still watch every single game? you gonna get happy when we fumble, throw in int, or get sacked and dance around for the other team or hate it? you gonna tell yourself as you watch that crap that it's ok - johnny football must be coming to save the day? (still not *that* one). you gonna get pissed when we do things like...i dunno...win?

are you really *that* ... "fan"?

if so more power to you and great. at least you're firm in your convictions and will stand by the team, even when they are not even trying or don't want to. you do that.

i think it sucks and i will +1 it when those people are called out and have no issue at all blowing the **** out of the bridge on the "high road" a few times to express how stupid i feel that line of thinking is.

their right to *****. my right to return fire.

time and time again.

romothesavior

Reaction score
I don't understand it personally.

Everyone wants what is best for this organization.

Rooting for losses in what could very well be a lost season doesn't make you a hater or someone who doesn't love this team.

Reasonable people can disagree on whether winning out or losing put is better for this franchise in the long run.

The banner by mods is seemingly in bad taste. Just as those who can only post negative things about this organization.

+1

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
The win doesn't make me "happy"... relief, searching for a sense of growth, or improvement from some players & staff, yes........

I want the best for the organization, long term....success this year now takes on a different meaning. I want the coaches to make better decisions, I want management to make better decisions, I want the players to improve, & show promise, I want the organization to approach the offseason with a realistic approach to what needs to change ( And I want fans to stop wanting us to be the patriots, and get rid of every salary for a role player off the street)

Things can be, and are more complex than... "You are either a real fan, or a hater".....

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
Agreed. The goal is to field the best team possible to try and get a SB before we start our next QB search. But I guess it makes people who think the season is over fake/bad/pessimist/insert other negative term fans. I want an easier schedule and the best ability to add talent to this roster when we actually have a shot at a SB. Guess that means I'm not a "real" fan.

I don't know if I agree with this line, with all due respect to Tony..... I think the two can, and may have to happen simultaneously.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
except i don't think it is. (in poor taste)

you see this mindset..."losing to win" i'll call it, has so many flaws that i can't help but think those doing it really have no idea what it takes to keep a team up and going and ensure that going into next year you don't do something you can't just "turn off". cause in this instance how do you turn off "losing to win" as a mindset? you can't. you've said it's OK now and people will run with it on their own terms beyond anything you can coach or control.

as for the banner in the forums calling them out, poking them with a stick, gleeful "revenge"? maybe. but how many times have we seen reality have to call out threads just to get people to stop ranting and raving in every thread possible, venting their own "anger" with every post? how many times has reality had to put a ENOUGH NEGATIVITY headline in the forums. how much "in poor taste" is it for people to come in here and do crap like that which *has* to be called out.

time and time again.

and even a zone created where they can rant and rave and be as negative as they wish - whatever makes them feel positive.

i'd say all those things have been done, many a dozen times by now. yet people still must "vent" to an overly annoying degree and in every post find a way to say something like "man, congrats on wittens 1000th catch!!! what an amazing accomplishment!!! surprised as hell he did it under garrett who can't coach!!! or - how jones found him who knows cause jones sucks! - and so on and so on.

how many threads have you seen drop to just that?

time and time again.

maybe it is in poor taste but there's only so much even "the good guys" can take and the high road, we'll get back to it later, i'm sure. but there are in fact times you just feel the need to butt-slap a child for acting like a child. always trying to go the "high road" just isn't possible or there never would have been a high road to always take. it would be the "only way".

now - if we did in fact lose out by trying, great. we get a good draft pick. historically what have we done with high draft picks? many of these people who want us to win out to get a higher draft pick will be happy with each loss and yet when the draft comes, start their "jones is gonna screw it up" postings. so why even root for a team, to lose, so you can ***** about the draft pick you got, only so we can go into the next year *****ing that we didn't take their pet cats and all those losses were for nothing because we didn't take THEIR favorite player on the board at the time.

time and time again.

so no. while i'd love to draft high that means a painful season and those are hard enough to get through even when losing due to all the stupid mistakes we make play in and play out. all those calling out to lose the rest of the games, i am curious, did they also go through 1-15? that was no fun but i kept wearing my jersey and i kept saying "one day" and the very next year i moved to dallas and bought my 1st NFL ticket to see the cowboys play the chargers and we started off that year with a win. felt fantastic.

the other day in going through old paperwork and things i thought i'd thrown out LONG ago - i found another ticket i bought for me and 2 friends to see the cowboys, still in irving at the time, play seattle. it was a pretty amazing game overall. what was so special about that game? well, other than sitting there with my friends?

oh yea, a rushing record by a man called emmitt. yea, that was so damn cool to see live and still having that ticket to the game? pretty special to me.

so i don't watch people paid millions to lose. i don't care if the season is over, i don't care if we'll lose a few spots in the draft and may cost whinerboys all over the world angst that they just lost 5% more of a chance to get their pet cat and i certainly don't care if someone is "offended" that there are those of us happy to see us win.

let me ask those who say TANK IT a question - how do you turn that off? you have just set a price on losing and placed a random draft pick somewhere in the future that today has ZERO value over having players play through adversity and "learning" to win when it's one of the most difficult things you can do?

how do you "next year" say OK NOW WE MEAN IT!!!! you've shown that you get hit and you fall down.

you don't get back up and try again. you wait until fictitious help comes along in the draft and next year will erase the bitter memories we're unfortunately creating this year? how do you tell kids who watch "oh, it's ok to lose if it helps you later" when the definition of "lose" is now welded to "ok"? regardless of the reason this would be YOUR reason, or belief, we'll somehow get the next great qb in the draft by just losing out. the team will come back next year going "gosh, i'm glad thats over with, we now have johnny football (not THAT one) here who will save the team!"

you are in fact teaching them and people who watch that you feel it's ok to lose in order to get help to win because you're simply incapable of doing it yourself. watching this team that's not far off, now is it? oh, except we're better than 1-15 already and stranger things have happened.

yes we may get blown out *if* some crazy season or reason 8-8 gets us in there. we sure *may*. but if we get there do we tank it to slide up 1 spot in the draft?

do we tank it and tell the team "sure, y'all suck and go ahead and lose so we can get some winners in here".

or do we tank it and then have parents watch kids go "hey i'm losing so i can get better later" in choices they make in their life.

how can it ever be possible to instill a losing mindset in a team and then turn around and expect them to later NOT want to tank things for their own reason.

would you want to play for a team who said "hey, we suck so lose"?

i damn sure don't want to watch one just for some oddball chance we MAY get a good qb in the draft who MAY be as good as romo one day (who didn't cost us a draft pick) or maybe hell, another clairborne is taken to upset so many cause they just suck. then that self-same group of "ok to lose" will be mad they went through a season of loss to get to a better pick only to not take who they felt we should, invalidating the entire premise of "losing to win" will be back in here *****ing about that.

time and time again.

losing won't guarantee a single thing except that we've accepted it. in this instance "we" isn't the general fan but the cowboys themselves. the day this team accepts losing is a path to winning well then what the hell is the point of even watching the game? so i'll end it by asking that - those who WANT us to lose out for a draft pick...

...you gonna still watch every single game? you gonna get happy when we fumble, throw in int, or get sacked and dance around for the other team or hate it? you gonna tell yourself as you watch that crap that it's ok - johnny football must be coming to save the day? (still not *that* one). you gonna get pissed when we do things like...i dunno...win?

are you really *that* ... "fan"?

if so more power to you and great. at least you're firm in your convictions and will stand by the team, even when they are not even trying or don't want to. you do that.

i think it sucks and i will +1 it when those people are called out and have no issue at all blowing the **** out of the bridge on the "high road" a few times to express how stupid i feel that line of thinking is.

their right to *****. my right to return fire.

time and time again.

This post is so awesome from top to bottom! Thank you for that :)

romothesavior

Reaction score
My personal opinion, but for a site trying to cut down on call out threads and messages, to post what is basically a huge call out as a banner is kind of hypocritical.

If we had lost, would there be a huge "Suck it homers, we're drafting large!" banner there?

It is hypocritical. The entire forum was chastised last week for call outs and now the mods are rubbing an ugly meaningless win in half the forum's faces.

I'm tired of posters crapping on other fans for wanting what they perceive to be in the best long term interests of the organization. I don't agree with the people who say winning is always better than losing, but I at least respect their passion as fans. But if I think a higher draft pick is better than last night's win, I must be a "hater" or not a real fan or some other insult.

The idea that I'm not a "real" Cowboys fan is preposterous and borders on insulting. The forum should not be endorsing that kind of nonsense.

HeavyBarrel

Reaction score
While I had "fun" in the game thread at the comedy of errors that was the game, I'm not wired to want the Cowboys to lose....ever.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
hahaha the hate in this thread for anything positive for the cowboys.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
It is hypocritical. The entire forum was chastised last week for call outs and now the mods are rubbing an ugly meaningless win in half the forum's faces.

I'm tired of posters crapping on other fans for wanting what they perceive to be in the best long term interests of the organization. I don't agree with the people who say winning is always better than losing, but I at least respect their passion as fans. But if I think a higher draft pick is better than last night's win, I must be a "hater" or not a real fan or some other insult.

The idea that I'm not a "real" Cowboys fan is preposterous and borders on insulting. The forum should not be endorsing that kind of nonsense.

then i do. as a member, non-admin of this forum i fully endorse it.

to continue to ask people to "take crap" day in and day out and forever take the "high road" forgets that *people* run this forum. it won't always be done in the manner you see fit but what the pray tell on this earth outside your own immediate control (if even then) is?

long term interests is saying "never give up, always fight". my disagreement with that mindset is so strong i want to talk like yoda to be sure to be understood.

i get it that people feel a higher draft pick = a better team.

is it? can you guarantee that if we lose and go 4-12 we will get the top qb of the draft? one of them? the best rb? the best safety, cb or what position would you pick anyway?

is that the same as others who are harping for a better pick gonna want or will this losing to get a good pick only start more arguments because we're not using it in the manner those who WANTED us to lose would?

and picking at the bottom of the draft means you'll never get players like byron jones, travis frederick, and so forth. picking around 8th got us zach. so that was good also. but i can name more top of the round failures than bottom of the round and lately we've been doing ok later in the round.

to say we must have a high draft pick to replace romo? please. please for the love of a government agent being forced to insert logic and memory into peoples heads tell me NO ONE is saying we need a high draft pick to replace romo.

i'll wait right here for those who say that....waiting....waiting....

so again, what are we really teaching by saying "it's good to lose" when the only thing it does is allows people to find an excuse, any excuse, to lose? the next one "we the fans" may not get to pick and choose why a player decides "hey, if i suck this game i can go to another team" and suddenly - hey, we said it's ok to lose if it gets you something in return OF WHICH - you still can't define it.

sorry. i will fight that and to a degree, taunt that mindset. if that bugs you, ignore me now.