Who fumbled, lads, Dak or Hunter? And how Dallas punched itself in the face

kskboys

Reaction score
I think that

... It's funny how the Eagles showed NFL how the tush push works.
Why they don't use it I don't know
Because you absolutely must have a dominant OL to use it. Especially at Center and OG.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
i posted this during the game.

the guy cant even hand the ball off. hits the guy way too high in the chest.

and i can tell leupke wont get a chance anymore for a long time because of that fumble in a crucial situation.

another career wasted by that crap at qb.
Just wondering, how many times before yesterday has the handoffs from Dak been a problem?

Like ever?

Steve007

Reaction score
Yes, then.
But the RB should have had his arms lower, anticipating a handoff.
Give me tha at least.
The quarterback is supposed to put the ball in the gut not the chest. It looked like the RB Had his hands were the ball was. Dak had the ball too high. The ball shoud be extended ready for the RB before he gets there.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Just wondering, how many times before yesterday has the handoffs from Dak been a problem?

Like ever?
Can’t remember a time. Dak gave the team the lead with 3 mins left. The defense played well up until that drive when they could do nothing. Lots of blame to go around for the loss. A huge amount goes on the coaching staff. Luepke shouldn’t have been in on such a critical play. He’s a rookie with very little game experience.

Clarke82

Reaction score
Are you guys serious? It's directly in Luepke's chest. lol If you want to give Dak static for his play in the rest of the game, fine, but this ain't it.
It's on the QB regardless of the name on his uniform.

The handoff was at Luepke's chest plate, It should have been in his stomach.

Running Backs are taught to react to the ball hitting their gut and clamping down on it.

It was a lazy play by Dak and I'm sure he would like a do over.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Can’t remember a time. Dak gave the team the lead with 3 mins left. The defense played well up until that drive when they could do nothing. Lots of blame to go around for the loss. A huge amount goes on the coaching staff. Luepke shouldn’t have been in on such a critical play. He’s a rookie with very little game experience.
Lots of bad coaching in this game. Going away from CeeDee Lamb. Calling passes on the goalline with a backup LT in the game. And where was Rico Dowdle? Two carries yesterday. Would have given him the ball instead of Luepke.

kskboys

Reaction score
It's on the QB regardless of the name on his uniform.

The handoff was at Luepke's chest plate, It should have been in his stomach.

Running Backs are taught to react to the ball hitting their gut and clamping down on it.

It was a lazy play by Dak and I'm sure he would like a do over.
That is possible.

kskboys

Reaction score
Lots of bad coaching in this game. Going away from CeeDee Lamb. Calling passes on the goalline with a backup LT in the game. And where was Rico Dowdle? Two carries yesterday. Would have given him the ball instead of Luepke.
Why didn't we throw to Feruson in qtrs 2 and 3 when our O was completely inept?

Steve007

Reaction score
Dak puts the ball right at Lupke's chest. Right at the numbers like where it's supposed to be. It's weird how Lupke doesn't even react to not having the ball. It almost looks like he thought they were running a play action pass play.
The ball isn't supposed to be at the RB chest. The fumble counted against Dak.

kskboys

Reaction score
Manalive, that was one weird handoff. I know everyone wants to lay blame, but truthfully we don't know, because we don't know what play was called or why Luepke didn't know the ball was coming to him. It's obvious that he didn't expect it.

Zman5

Reaction score
Wrong. . The ball was place right where it should have been and it was Lupke who failed to secure the hand off. The fumble was credited to Dak because he had the last possession not because he was the one who screwed up.
EAnAvkqu_o.png

jA8Syrew_o.png

Last edited:

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

Can’t remember a time. (When Dak's handoffs were not immaculate)
No one is tainting his handoffs talent, starry-eyed mate.

Dak gave the team the lead with 3 mins left.
Oh, so it is NOT team effort as Dak lovers proclaim. . .

"Lots of blame to go around for the loss."

Oh, it's back to the team effort concept!
This shows how paranoid Dak cultists are.
No one faults his handoffs because if it is ONE thing Dak does well, it is a handoff! So let's give him applause!

John813

Reaction score
I didn't hear Luepke talk about it after the game but my guess is he was so excited to finally get a chance to take the handoff and score he just had a mental lapse and forgot about the ball. Either that or it was Dak's option to hand it off or keep it. I suspect inexperience was part of the problem. However, I find it hard to believe these two have no practices the handoff 100 times in practice.

When things are going wrong, they go wrong.
I mean it's possible but he has scored a td before so I hope it wasn't jitters.
Hate to rewatch it but may need to see the play again.

Steve007

Reaction score
Wrong. . The ball was place right where it should have been and it was Lupke who failed to secure the hand off. The fumble was credited to Dak because he had the last possession not because he was the one who screwed up.
EAnAvkqu_o.png

jA8Syrew_o.png
It's too high. Daks arm is hitting Lupekes arm. Dak is almost past Lupeke and he still had the ball. The quarterback is responsible for a clean handoff. That is not a good hand off.

Zman5

Reaction score
It's too high. Daks arm is hitting Lupekes arm. Dak is almost past Lupeke and he still had the ball. The quarterback is responsible for a clean handoff. That is not a good hand off.
Wrong again. Both the QB and the RB are responsible for a clean handoff. The pic below shows Dak has the hand off at the right position. For some reason, it looks like Lupke dips his upper body a little as he is getting the ball. I've seen some RBs do this when they are faking a hand off on a play action pass play. The fact he didn't even look back when the ball drops tells me he thought he was not getting the ball and it was a playaction pass.

6MwAO5A4_o.png

Last edited:

Steve007

Reaction score
Wrong again. The pic below shows Dak has the hand off at the right position. For some reason, it looks like Lupke dips his upper body a little as he is getting the ball. I've seen some RBs do this when they are faking a hand off on a play action pass play. The fact he didn't even look back when the ball drops tells me he thought he was not getting the ball and it was a playaction pass.

6MwAO5A4_o.png
Wrong. Your only showing a snapshot. If you show the whole clip Dak is almost past Lupke and he hasn't let go of the ball. Daks arm looks like he hits his arm. If you look at the picture you posted Dak should at that point pulled his right arm back and hand off with his left hand.

Zman5

Reaction score
Wrong. Your only showing a snapshot. If you show the whole clip Dak is almost past Lupke and he hasn't let go of the ball. Daks arm looks like he hits his arm. If you look at the picture you posted Dak should at that point pulled his right arm back and hand off with his left hand.
Wrong. If you look at it in slow mo you can clearly see what is going on. And the reason Dak's arm hits Lupke's arm is because Lupke lowers his upper body right before the hand off and doesn't make any effort to secure the ball in any way.

Steve007

Reaction score
Wrong. If you look at it in slow mo you can clearly see what is going on. And the reason Dak's arm hits Lupke's arm is because Lupke lowers his upper body right before the hand off and doesn't make any effort to secure the ball in any way.
Wrong. Dak didn't hand off the ball clean. He hit Lupkes arm. He didn't pull his right arm in time. Lupke didn't drob the ball, he never had it. The ball wasn't handed off clean and the QB is ultimately responsible for the hand off.