Who is the most over rated player in Dallas Cowboys history

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Jerry Jones the GM.

For 30 years, Been living off the legacy of 3 rings from the team Jimmy built.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I’ve got to be honest with you all—I'm not disappointed in this fanbase; I'm downright appalled. The slander of calling Cowboys overrated I see here is staggering just because we havent gotten to the big dance in 28 years.

We'll guess what- 28 years is.a very small sample size in the grand scheme of things. This franchise has 5 rings, which not top many other fanbases can say.

How can so many of you, who call yourselves Cowboys fans, be filled with negativity about current and former players?

I understand that every season has its ups and downs, but the way some of you talk, you'd think every player was overrated. Where’s the faith? Where’s the loyalty? I can’t, for the life of me, see eye to eye with anyone who claims to be a fan but only spreads doubt and negativity.

Did we know that back in 1994 thus franchise was about to go on a dynasty run?

I have absolutely no respect for any Cowboys fan who thinks our players were overrated. You either believe in the star, or you don’t. If you’re going to jump ship every time the water gets a little rough, maybe it’s time to find a new team to “support.” But for those of us who truly believe, we know what this team is capable of, and we stand by them through thick and thin.

So, if you’re one of those who’s called players overrated maybe take a step back and rethink what it means to be a Cowboys fan. Because here, we believe in our team—no matter what.

A lot of members here have no spine whatsoever and it's why Cowboys fans have such a reputation of being considered "bandwagon" fans.

Do better.

Go Cowboys.
I never understood why people call us bandwagon fans when it’s been 28 years of no conference championship and we are still here. Isn’t that the opposite?

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I never understood why people call us bandwagon fans when it’s been 28 years of no conference championship and we are still here. Isn’t that the opposite?
For those still here and other places that have maintained the spirit of rooting for the Cowboys after 28 years of frustration you are not the so called "bandwagon fans" it will be whenever the Cowboys begin to roll over opponents then the wagon will overflow with them.

CowboysRule

Reaction score
LOL'ing at the Romo answers. All the guy did was go out there and play like a Hall of Famer. Unfortunately, he made some pretty terrible teams look not so bad but never won a championship so he probably won't ever get in. A travesty.

As for my answer...Rico Gathers.

John813

Reaction score

It's a copy and paste from the OP, with a few edits.

Find it rich the OP that made 3-4 threads about not being a "true fan" and always supporting the team/players makes a thread about what players were overrated here. And then picks a guy who is the Cowboys all time leading receiver, and future ROH/someday HOF player as well.

CowboysRule

Reaction score
His numbers aren't that great but Troy was usually great in the postseason which, to me, tells all. We don't have that now and haven't in some time.
It was just a different NFL back then. There wasn't as much passing and you could actually play defense. Also, the offense ran through Emmitt. But when Troy was called on, he was there. Pinpoint accuracy and a cannon for an arm. And a real leader.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
It was just a different NFL back then. There wasn't as much passing and you could actually play defense. Also, the offense ran through Emmitt. But when Troy was called on, he was there. Pinpoint accuracy and a cannon for an arm. And a real leader.
Two factors that people overlook. 1) He was brought up to throw the ball away if it wasn't there, not play hero ball unless necessary. 2) He was so accurate that he often threw to a spot that only his guy would have a chance yet it was a low probability of receiver making the catch.

If not for his accuracy, he would have had about half the completions, there would have been no dynasty and we'd be talking about 50 years of futility.

Pokes12

Reaction score
Without a doubt Jason Witten.

That guy was a little above average at best. His last 3 or 4 years were terrible as he somehow slowed down.

Stats were always padded by garbage time.
Written was pretty darn good.
I think Obert Logan was overrated.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
It really matters who was overrating the player when answering this. If we're talking fans, it's kinda impossible because as the posts indicate there are some polar opposite views and some that are just .... out there.

If we're talking the organization, we could probably fill 3 pages easily of players they insisted on drafting, holding on to & paying that the fans would be in agreement were mistakes.

Pokes12

Reaction score
It really matters who was overrating the player when answering this. If we're talking fans, it's kinda impossible because as the posts indicate there are some polar opposite views and some that are just .... out there.

If we're talking the organization, we could probably fill 3 pages easily of players they insisted on drafting, holding on to & paying that the fans would be in agreement were mistakes.
Aikman is one of the most accurate passers of all time! He split the 88s all the time!!

Pokes12

Reaction score
Two factors that people overlook. 1) He was brought up to throw the ball away if it wasn't there, not play hero ball unless necessary. 2) He was so accurate that he often threw to a spot that only his guy would have a chance yet it was a low probability of receiver making the catch.

If not for his accuracy, he would have had about half the completions, there would have been no dynasty and we'd be talking about 50 years of futility.
Indeed. Troy split the 88s on every throw to Michael.