Who is the most over rated player in Dallas Cowboys history

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Without a doubt Jason Witten.

That guy was a little above average at best. His last 3 or 4 years were terrible as he somehow slowed down.

Stats were always padded by garbage time.
Is this a trick question? Too dammm easy.. Gotta be the guy who wants $60m + per season with a no trade clause. Over rated is synonymous with overpaid.

And your last sentence applies to him perfectly. And for those of you still wondering…. DAK..

McKDaddy

Reaction score
That was during the time Romo had horrific protection, where the defenders were in the backfield at the snap. He dumped to Witten short because he had no choice.

You do know that receivers run the predetermined routes, right? I mean, I have no idea why you'd want to proclaim he was 5 yds short when it was blatantly obvious he was running his route and Romo had no time to throw to the markers, right?
Witten was a great player & my favorite player early in his career. But later in his career it became pretty common for him to run routes short of the stick and be tackled promptly. It was because he could no longer move well enough to get open on his own but defenses were more than happy to let him curl short cause they knew he posed almost no threat of slipping the tackle and getting the first down. They could use other defenders to take away the other options.

kskboys

Reaction score
Witten was a great player & my favorite player early in his career. But later in his career it became pretty common for him to run routes short of the stick and be tackled promptly. It was because he could no longer move well enough to get open on his own but defenses were more than happy to let him curl short cause they knew he posed almost no threat of slipping the tackle and getting the first down. They could use other defenders to take away the other options.
I disagree w/ your take.

cowboyed

Reaction score
Witten was more than a little above average. He was a hell of a clutch receiving tight end and a very effective blocker. He wasn't the fastest tight ever on the field but he was very physical and could always get open and fight for the ball.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
Dak and it’s not even close.
‘He’s a franchise stat machine QB that can never beat good teams no matter how stacked his team is. He’s the literal definition of over rated.

DanA

Reaction score
I’d put Zeke. Well worth the hype his rookie season and maybe a couple more but the entire body of work wasn’t that great over his career.