Reaction score
Felix Jones
Julius Jones
Mike Jenkins
Mo Claiborne
Terence Newman
Brandon Carr
Terence Williams
Davis (offensive lineman FA from Arizona)
Antonio Bryant

Those are my guys that I felt were good starters but way overrated by fans and the FO.
That's intersting list. I've never seen any of those guys overrated. I guess I can see Newman. He was viewed as a shut down corner....mostly benefited off teams attacking whoever was opposite of him. I could see that.

I really liked Antonio Bryant but I didn't know he was hyped by fans.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I honestly don't remember but tell you what if you point out the 5 interception preseason game Dak has had i'll happily knock him for it just like I did Lance.

What do you mean opportunities? What type of opportunity do you want Lance to have?
Because they aren't the same. Dak has gotten all the reps since Tony went down plus his full high school & college career. You can try to ignore that but it's a critical part of the core issue. Everything that is a negative against him is because he was vastly overdrafted. He should have stayed in school, maybe transferred to bigger program.

But now that he is here, we should absolutely try to give him some of the development he needs.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Because they aren't the same. Dak has gotten all the reps since Tony went down plus his full high school & college career. You can try to ignore that but it's a critical part of the core issue. Everything that is a negative against him is because he was vastly overdrafted. He should have stayed in school, maybe transferred to bigger program.

But now that he is here, we should absolutely try to give him some of the development he needs.
I don't ignore it. That's a big part in why I don't think Lance will be more than what he is. I think when it comes to a quarterback development you can't skip the baby steps. I think the amount of football he's played is a detriment to him and the career he will have. It seems like some of you guys think this is just a small minor thing. There just aren't any examples of someone who didn't play much football just all of a sudden overcoming that and going on to be a franchise QB.

To me its like teaching someone how to skate who doesn't know how to walk.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I can’t think of ONE signature win that man has delivered in his time as the starter.

NFC East wins don’t count here.

I really can’t think of one where the opponent was far superior and he led his team to victory.
What signature win did we have with any of the players he played with? How many TE’s have led their team to a victory against a far superior opponent? It’s not the TE, it’s the QB and the team. You’re giving TE’s way too much credit.

pitt33

Reaction score
You don't have to go too far. Did you see the Lions and Seahawks games last year. Where the defense sucked? NFC East wins don't count lol...the most important wins in the regular season wins you have are your divisional games because they can determine if you make it to the playoffs and/or get homefield. But to you they don't matter. Ridiculous lol. You mean it doesn't fit your narrative that he sucks if you can't mention Eagles games right?
Cmon man. The Lions game? We know how that game should have ended.

You’re better than that.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Without a doubt Jason Witten.

That guy was a little above average at best. His last 3 or 4 years were terrible as he somehow slowed down.

Stats were always padded by garbage time.
Clearly, it's Brandon Aubrey. Hit one 66-yard field goal in the preseason and everyone's singing your praises.

pitt33

Reaction score
What signature win did we have with any of the players he played with? How many TE’s have led their team to a victory against a far superior opponent? It’s not the TE, it’s the QB and the team. You’re giving TE’s way too much credit.
I’m talking about Dak.

I’m sure you’ll have a rebuttal coming my way real soon.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I never called Witten a bum.

I said he was a little above average at best.

And that's not a bad thing either.

He was just waaayyyyy overrated.
11-time Pro Bowler, 4-time All-Pro, fourth in receptions all-time, fastest tight end to 600 receptions, etc., etc., etc. But a little above average at best.

I think some fans only saw Witten or remember Witten from the end of his career, when he should have already retired and should have stayed retired. To say he was a little above average at best is an insult. He was a little below the best NFL tight ends of all-time and is a clear Hall of Famer.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I’m talking about Dak.

I’m sure you’ll have a rebuttal coming my way real soon.
My rebuttal would be what signature wins did we have with Romo where we beat far superior teams? Our last signature win would be back in 1995 and the Cowboys were a far superior team.